Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Whose fault is it?
Chemda's 46 76.67%
Lenny's 14 23.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree79Likes

Old 10-31-2018, 09:08 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Squirrel View Post
It seems 90% of the time new parents talk about their kids they have to say something about how no one tells you how hard it is or how much work it is.
I for one was happy when Chemda called Lenny out for acting surprised at how much work a kid is.
During the big baby boom at my office (when 20 babies were born within two years), I can't tell you how many times I got snapped at and lectured to if I was dumb enough to just mention that I was tired, talk about a tv show I was watching, talk about plans I may have. To be clear, I wasn't digging at them or being sarcastic or even talking about their babies at all, but every time it was this huge "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TIRED IS, I NEVER SLEEP, I HAVEN'T WATCHED TV IN THREE MONTHS, SURE WISH I HAD ALL THAT FREE TIME TO GO OUT." I get it, they were stressed. But some new parents are just insufferable. I'm really glad they all have 8-10 year old kids now and that silliness has gone away.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:49 AM   #22 (permalink)

I agree that it's OK for new parents to bitch a little about the trials they are going through. That's a bit different than saying "no one ever told me how hard it was going to be" Yes they did, you just discounted it.

It's definitely NOT ok for parents to shame non-parents based on this fucking martyr complex that some of them have. You made your choices, I made mine.
porky2468 likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 01:42 PM   #23 (permalink)

Overall I didn't think Lenny seemed as curmodgeny as he normally does. He was quite chipper!

I'm on Chemda's side. Probably because I don't want kids either and I'm always told that I'll change my mind or I'll regret it or whatever. And I'm at that age where the people around me are having kids, so it's extra in my face.

Having said that, they both seemed quite worked up by the miscommunication or whatever you want to call it.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:02 PM   #24 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

20:36: "And they're inhaling all our money with their giant noses."
The Girl and Apia like this.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:19 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by porky2468 View Post
Overall I didn't think Lenny seemed as curmodgeny as he normally does. He was quite chipper!

I'm on Chemda's side. Probably because I don't want kids either and I'm always told that I'll change my mind or I'll regret it or whatever. And I'm at that age where the people around me are having kids, so it's extra in my face.

Having said that, they both seemed quite worked up by the miscommunication or whatever you want to call it.
But nobody said anything about Chemda having or not having kids.

I have kids and I hate it if someone tries to convince not breeders that they will change their mind. Some will, some want. I am perfectly fine with people making other life choices. Not everyone needs to be a parent! But please stop telling parents how awful their life is.
I chose this life and I like it. Stop shitting on it.
megaheckahella likes this.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:25 PM   #26 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

My daughters 16. PT conferences are next week.

Kids suuuuuuuuuuuck.

Theyíre also a delight. But yeah. Itís ok to admit they suck as well.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:26 PM   #27 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Never complain about anything, any time, to anyone. Problem solved.

I am sick and tired of people who don't grasp this basic concept. It is soooo tiring.
Apia likes this.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:27 PM   #28 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

LIFE IS HARRRRRRRRD
porky2468 likes this.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:29 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintman View Post
Never complain about anything, any time, to anyone. Problem solved.

I am sick and tired of people who don't grasp this basic concept. It is soooo tiring.
I never do now. Now people feel bad because my life seems perfect.

Last edited by Apia; 10-31-2018 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:34 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by porky2468 View Post

Sometimes I think childless people love to hear about the work and sacrifice of parents to reassure themselves to have made the right choice.
Stop it.
Iím not walking around and ask older childless people if they feel lonely and regret their decision not to have kids.
This would be pretty rude.
Jessica332 likes this.