Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever attended a white supremacist meeting for any reason?
Yes 1 3.03%
No 32 96.97%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree42Likes

Old 11-08-2018, 09:58 PM   #11 (permalink)

Welp, that was cathartic.
Keith, Bucho, FreydNot and 3 others like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 02:48 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreydNot View Post
Regarding taking DayQuil when you are sick, I am 100% on Keith's side.

The only opposing argument I can imagine that makes any kind of twisted sense is maybe when you mask the symptoms, your body thinks it's not sick so it doesn't fight the cold as much. Except that it doesn't work that way and it's silly-boos anyway.

(oh well. Send!)
Don't think anybody was arguing that your body is being tricked. Just you, by ignoring what your body is trying to tell you - take a rest.

And there are many downsides of taking drugs like DayQuil. The obvious ones are written on the box itself - side effects.

But here are some maybe not so obvious:
- Feeling better means you'll probably go to work/socialize and spread your disease to other - viral shedding. That's how you give a virus a better chance to create an epidemic.
- Fever is your bodies defense mechanism. By taking DeyQuil you reduce your body core temperature you are actually prolonging your recovery.
- They mess with your gut microbiome, that's why the side effects include diarrhea. Your gut is a crucial part of your immune sistem. When you are sick the last thing you want is to hurt it.

So yes, they make you feel better, but they are far from making you be better. Actually, I would argue the opposite to be true.

I don't understand why Keith is constantly ignoring the facts and pushing this "Big pharma agenda". I know we are constantly being brainwashed by adds but once you stop and think about I don't see how one would still push this point.

In my company if you get sick you are encouraged to work from home, so you don't infect others. This is far better than taking some drugs and coming to work, spreading the disease.
xerxes likes this.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Work from home, people!
Old 11-09-2018, 07:13 AM   #14 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw View Post
Welp, that was cathartic.
Thank you for sharing
Archimedes_Screw likes this.
Old 11-10-2018, 09:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post
i had to start work in the middle of the episode but I left of when Alex was explaining about Victim-fetishizing and telling us how the Parkland teens are BS. I was already knitting my brow and going, naaaaaah this guy is fucking up

Now I see the poll and read the description and I can see it only went downhill from there
I finished the ep and am SUPER WRONG about where that was going from where I stopped. Man. Just. the wrongest.

(still disagree with what he said about victiming tho)
porky2468 likes this.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:41 AM   #16 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
A person who cough less, spreads less germs.
Coughs and sneezes spread diseases.
Apia and LoopyLou79 like this.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

This again

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyLou79 View Post
I must look like a racist (middle aged, white) cause the amount of ignorant shit people say in front of me is ridiculous.
I’ve just come back from a meeting opposing a massive building project near me, again an elderly women came up to me and started babbling on about Syrian refugees. Just cause I’m white doesn’t mean Im racist, jog on.
porky2468 likes this.
Old 12-04-2018, 01:35 PM   #18 (permalink)

Oh Chemda, Chemda, Chemda.

You don't want to take a cold medicine to mask your symptoms, but you smoke pot on a regular basis to mask your feelings.
The Girl likes this.
Old 12-04-2018, 04:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gapeach View Post
Oh Chemda, Chemda, Chemda.

You don't want to take a cold medicine to mask your symptoms, but you smoke pot on a regular basis to mask your feelings.

Hahahahaha I mask my feelings! Lololol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith and Archimedes_Screw like this.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:43 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
Hahahahaha I mask my feelings! Lololol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My opinion, you really, really miss your Mom (not so much your Dad). I wish you could accept her for who she is and she for who you are. One day, when she's gone, not talking to her may become one of your biggest regrets. She sounds very old school (era a 1950s Mom) in many ways and there is nothing wrong with that, that is who she is. If that is what makes her happy, then let her be happy as she should do the same for you. She is from a different generation, raised under a different culture. She doesn't understand you, who you are and why you do the things you do. I know that hurts. I'm sorry for that. You don't understand her either. I hope one day, you choose to be your hippy dippy self and reach out to her in love. You can't control what she says to you, but you can control your reaction to it. I think ignorning her, putting the ball in her court does nothing, but eat you from the inside out. She doesn't know what to do with that ball.

That's my opinion, but you know how the saying goes... they are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.
The Girl likes this.