Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Were you around during The Podshow Contract?
Yes 52 80.00%
No 13 20.00%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree106Likes

Old 11-13-2018, 11:42 AM   #11 (permalink)

Other longtime listeners might get a kick out of this audio from Frank Nora centered around the 2005 Podcast Expo in Ontatio, California.
Bucho and D-Rex like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I came in around episode 100 (around when the guitars were added to the into songs). I listened to Dawn and Drew a few times and they were always talking about this Keith and The Girl show, so I checked them out. KATG stuck, D&D not so much.

I think I remember John C. Dvorak talking about how the PodTrack contract was a "dummy" contract (you'd have to be a dummy to sign it) on one of the old podcasts he was on (TWiT probably since I never listened to No Agenda).

Side note: I just heard Amazon is opening a HQ in Long Island City, NY. It's that close to KATG central? I remember hearing about a venue there (The creek and the cave?) and something about how the subway really sucks out there? How is that place going to sustain a shit-ton of new Amazon employees? They've already ruined downtown Seattle.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:40 PM   #13 (permalink)

Matthew Bray has a good soul. Of all the guests he is the most intuitive and honest about his experiences with the show. I hope you guys have him back on..

Completely unrelated..
I’ve been revisiting Paul Mooney videos on YouTube and I think he is the most underrated Black comedian in history. He’s been around since Cosby and Pryor, yet was never a Coon or Uncle Tom for the approval of White audiences. He uses “Nigga” unapologetically. He talks about social structures that disadvantage Blacks unapologetically. He uses personal Racial experiences candidly and unapologetically. Comedians like Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle are palatable versions of Paul Mooney. I’ll reserve my final opinion because I’ve never met him and don’t know his full history. But I think he should be given more credit in paving the way for Comedians who walk the line of socially acceptable jokes.

In today’s social climate, we need more Comedians like Paul Mooney, Richard Pryor, Ricky Gervais, Chris Rock, George Carlin and Dave Chappelle. Not palatable sweet talkers like Kevin Hart.

Edit:
I was annoyed when Saturday Night Live had Pete Davidson apologize On-Air for joking about the Veteran Congressional Candidate who had an eye-patch from a combat injury. There was something about the apology the made SNL seem spineless hypocrites. I would love to elaborate, but I have to get ready for work.

Last edited by EndangeredMouse.; 11-13-2018 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I love "history" episodes! Not only is it cool delving into KATG lore, but if there's something new it gives me good episodes to track down for a listen.

I also have to say - you've kinda ruined other podcasts for me. There's way too many out there, still, with just awful production. Levels are all over the place, guests and hosts aren't speaking clearly or even into the mics, phone interviews where you can't understand a damn thing, background noise that isn't entertaining (unlike Chemda dropping things or background laughter). I'm sure there are a million other things you notice as pros. And then there's the pure entertainment and hilarity you bring, not to mention your interviewing skills.

Finally, to tie into the latest Last Week - your ad reads are the best in the business! Charge double. They're hilarious, engaging, and not too long (not to mention flawless segues). I've never once fast forwarded through yours, but I've seen other shows that literally do ads and promo stuff for the first 20 minutes like goddamn.

So ya, super excited for ep. 3000 and the marathon!
Keith and ThePinkSuperhero like this.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndangeredMouse. View Post
Completely unrelated..

Is this your diary?
porky2468 likes this.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreydNot View Post
I came in around episode 100 (around when the guitars were added to the into songs). I listened to Dawn and Drew a few times and they were always talking about this Keith and The Girl show, so I checked them out. KATG stuck, D&D not so much.
I was never a Dawn and Drew listener but I did look them up a while back and found out they ended up living in Costa Rica, but had just moved back to Wisconsin after their place in CR was robbed.

Seems like they're still together but rarely get a show out these days. I guess they don't have to since they got rich off their Mevio residuals.
Old 11-14-2018, 01:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreydNot View Post
I was introduced to KATG by Mugglecast. They weren't shitting on them, but it was more a rivalry sort of "these are the guys we need to beat" during the time there was weekly voting for podcasts. It's kind of funny hearing how people found KATG a decade ago through other podcasts who aren't around anymore.

I feel like the episode I came in was on was Shit Talking (that name has always stuck out to me), and I was like this is nuts so went back to the beginning to catch up.
Keith likes this.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:35 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
I was never a Dawn and Drew listener but I did look them up a while back and found out they ended up living in Costa Rica, but had just moved back to Wisconsin after their place in CR was robbed.

Seems like they're still together but rarely get a show out these days. I guess they don't have to since they got rich off their Mevio residuals.
Another D&D listener here, ended up with KATG around episode 70 or so. Glad to hear that there are still lots of long-time listeners.

Does anybody have a copy of 'Dealing Drugs' from that era?
da_ticklah likes this.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I started listening during year 2 when it was still easy to catch up. This was a lovely blast from the past and I definitely remember you reading the Pod Show contract line by line. That was one of the things that made me think this is gonna be something!
Keith and D-Rex like this.
Old 11-14-2018, 12:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I've also wondered what happened to Matt the past few years, and like someone up-thread said, I was a little worried that there was some bad blood. What a thrill to hear him again. And a relief to hear yinz are all cool.