Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you robotripped?
Yes 9 18.75%
No 39 81.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree37Likes

Old 12-07-2018, 06:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2993: Robotripping w/ Lucas Connolly

Lesbian mothers and bullying; the highest high; rekindling old relationships while shitfaced

Guest:
Lucas Connolly

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Keith asked, “have you ever had a cold?” Lol!!!

Seriously though, great interview & awesome guest. His stories are wow...just, wow.
Keith, The Girl, Apia and 2 others like this.
Old 12-08-2018, 02:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Great episode and very interesting guest. I couldn't believe it when asked about some of his old friends, without thinking or pause answered "They're dead." But when Keith asked "What's the smartest thing a fake animal ever told you?" he really took time to ponder the question before answering.

Also, agreed Keith's comment "Do you ever have a cold?" was great!
Keith, The Girl, porky2468 and 3 others like this.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:34 AM   #4 (permalink)

Once

Robotripped once when I was 15, and never fucking again. I drank a whole bottle of dayquil (the bigger bottle) and after an hour or so could only feel my stomach becoming upset, so I said fuck it and went to sleep.

I woke up a few hours later in a cold sweat, writhing in my bed, with no fucking clue who I was or where I was. After a minute of this I stop myself, clutch the sides of my bed, and I go over my address with myself. Not just my mailing address however, the WHOLE thing, as though I were zooming out from my location. I said to myself, "You are Hunter. You are in your bed, in your room, first door on the left of the hall in your house, at (mailing address), Empire Township, Leelanau County, Northwest Lower Michigan, Midwest, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Inner Planets, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.

Once I had that sorted out, I felt a lot better. There was also no way I was gonna fall back asleep at that point, so I watched adult swim until sunrise.

And yeah, once was all I needed.
Keith, jcro21, porky2468 and 1 others like this.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

" Men are usually not around. " That's a rough one.
The Girl likes this.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

How Robotripping is a thing is beyond me. Even with all the whiskey I drink, I have to psych myself into taking just the regular shot of OtC cough medicine, and after I do I can barely keep it down even with a chaser.

Then there's sizzurp/purple drank, which is mixing it with soda. Gives me the shivers just thinking about it.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Did anyone else feel hungover after this show?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith, The Girl and thirteen like this.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

please tell me someone else read the poll and assumed it had something to do with getting high with robots...
Old 12-12-2018, 08:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

All for nothing

I robo tripped once when I was 15 and ended up staring at the wallpaper in the bathroom for an hour... then I hung out with my friends pet snake for a long time and was having a conversation with it. Super fucking weird. I told one of my friends about it afterwards and she wanted to try it too so we went out to buy some. Thing is, I didn’t buy the stuff the first time around and as it turns out not all robitussin has Dextromethorphan which is what makes you trip. So my friend and I drank an entire bottle of nasty ass cough syrup and sat around for a couple hours until we realized nothing was going to happen. Never tried it again. That shit is nasty tasting.
Old 12-20-2018, 10:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Can I nominate Lucas for wildest story?
Keith and The Girl like this.