Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: The Big Bang Theory
Yes 38 39.58%
No 58 60.42%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree84Likes

Old 08-07-2014, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2030: Nod Your Head to This

With Marcia Belsky – Football begins again; salacious pictures of Dallas Cowboys’ owner Jerry Jones with women that aren’t his wife; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and a celibate Megan Fox; Anthony Cumia does it again; The Big Bang Theory actors earn $1,000,000 per episode; growing up Jewish in Tulsa, Oklahoma; MTA workers living with bedbugs

Guest:
Marcia Belsky

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Last edited by dannyhatch; 08-08-2014 at 10:28 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

I don't mean to sound racist, but imagine what the moon buggy would have been like if Cheech and Chong were driving it.
Keith, Bucho, Scumhook and 1 others like this.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

That's the thing with you. Sometimes you're brilliant!
WSEIII likes this.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Anthony Cumia:

At least he has found a new audience, right? Anything else I could possible say would be self-indulgent and preaching to the choir.

Big Bang Theory:

Much like Marcia I hated The Big Bang Theory for a long time. I thought it was just me, I'm often a hater and never gave the show a real chance. Now I love the big bang theory. So much so that for a month anytime I was at home I had the entire 7 seasons worth of episodes playing on a loop. It's just a silly sitcom. I think complaining that it doesn't portray how real Physicist live their lives or is an accurate depiction of their personalities is akin to someone disliking Family Matters because it didn't reflect their own family life. I mean I grew up in a black household and I didn't have a nerdy neighbor that built a robot copy of himself. I never had a little sister that mysteriously disappeared after four years while the rest of my family made no mention of her existence or sudden disappearance. My father wasn't a cop who provided Bruce Willis moral/comedic support while he foiled the plot of a group of terrorist.

I'm not sure if it's disturbing that I have stronger opinions on The Big Bang Theory than I do of Israel and Palestine.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
I don't mean to sound racist, but imagine what the moon buggy would have been like if Cheech and Chong were driving it.
I swear I came here to post something but I read this and a minute later realised I was just staring blankly at the screen with a completely empty mind.

Aces guest.
Scumhook and Tulipaloozi like this.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:17 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
wut
Old 08-08-2014, 09:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

2030: Nod Your Head to This

Well poke my holes and call me Switzerland! I can definitely see valid points on both sides of this week's discussion, but regardless, I just don't like that people/countries/groups who disagree on certain things feel killing each other is going to either magically make it all better or that war is the only option because absolutely everything else has been tried, but in reality, maybe only a few suggestions were tried and ended up failing. (I can agree there are times war could be/is necessary, but I sure as hell am not the best one to make that decision). Shit. Sorry for that patchouli smell, man.

Onto something I feel more comfortable giving an opinion about; animal abuse. Fuck Michael Vick. Thank you.

But no, pets are reliant on their humans. If you beat the shit out of a dog, they're going to live the rest of their lives in fear that they're going to be beaten again. Same with the pits Vick was putting up against each other. They see that their human wants them to fuck this other dog up, so they do. And they more than likely get praised for it, so they'll keep doing what their master says as long as that praise keeps coming. Animal minds are malleable. Maybe not to the fullest extent, but shit. Its pretty close!

Here's my animal story for the week ... My friend who works at a vet clinic had a breeder bring in a 6 week old Catahoula Leopard puppy, saying that her eyes should be opened by now but they aren't. The vet examined her and found that her eyes were not fully developed in the womb, so she'll be blind her entire life. The breeder said that she can't take care of a blind dog and doesn't think anyone would want her because she's blind, so she wanted to go ahead and euthanize her. She's a completely healthy and happy puppy besides the fact that she can't see. She has no idea that sight is even an option with life. My friend posted a pic and some info about her on Facebook, trying to see if anyone would be interested in adopting her and I was like, fuck yeah I want her. I couldn't give two shits less if she was blind with three legs. To kill a healthy pup simply for an underdevelopment is just a very odd choice in my opinion. Especially without trying to find a home for her before jumping to the most extreme option.

Sure, I can admit it's going to be a different approach to training and everyday life and that I'll have to work with her a bit differently than how people would normally work with sighted dogs, but I don't think anyone's uncomfortableness with her condition justifies killing her before she has really even lived.

She's the whiter puppy of the two.(Thankfully, amirite guys??) hahaha.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407505888.156750.jpg
Scat, ImStillToni and Scumhook like this.

Last edited by Tulipaloozi; 08-08-2014 at 10:30 AM. Reason: oops!
Old 08-08-2014, 11:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

Reverse racism, heterophobia, Christian prosecution and all those things DON'T EXIST. Bigotry requires a system of power, a complex and gargantuan social machine of separation and lack of privilege.
Tulipaloozi likes this.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Marcia was a great guest. Really witty.

Looking back over the past couple of show threads, I can't see any post I made where I said you were wrong Keith.

I just had/have an opinion that differs to yours.

And our toilets flush better.
Tulipaloozi likes this.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:37 AM   #10 (permalink)

Oh and The Big Bang Theory is confusing to define...
It offers VERY advanced (and nerdy) information in the stupidest ways possible; cheap jokes about astrophysics being the prime example.

So a No on comedy, a Yes on references
So.... a No?
bluecrucial and PippaMags like this.