Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2994: Call-Out Culture w/ Judy Gold (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2994-call-out-culture-w-judy-gold-21284/)

Keith 12-10-2018 03:50 PM

2994: Call-Out Culture w/ Judy Gold

Judy vs. Donald Trump; Judy's love life; comedians' wages; Chemda's landlord; Louis C.K.'s return and his hecklers; Neil deGrasse Tyson's 4th sexual assault allegation; Kevin Hart steps down from hosting Oscars 2019; Lena Dunham admits she lied while defending an accused rapist; how to handle liars; a listener's robotripping experience

Guest:
Judy Gold
http://static-1.keithandthegirl.net/...ld-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Archimedes_Screw 12-10-2018 06:37 PM

Let’s say a dentist starts jerking off in front of someone while they’re in the chair. Should the dentist still be able to practice dentistry? A dentist gotta do dentist stuff right? Doing stand up is a job like any other. There other comics. We don’t need him.

Keith 12-10-2018 07:56 PM

I never had a dentist I’d call an artist? Maybe that’s the difference?

Archimedes_Screw 12-10-2018 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 872487)
I never had a dentist I’d call an artist? Maybe that’s the difference?

If that’s the distinction then he just jerked off in front of other artists and not coworkers or colleagues. It’s weird to me that there is a different standard for artists and non artists.

Archimedes_Screw 12-10-2018 08:08 PM

A stretch goal should be to have Judie, her girlfriend, and the ex cop on. Post it live with a code and of course bring your own popcorn. This episode was a trip. Loved it.

How do I spell the ex cop’s name? Calling her that feels weird.

PippaMags 12-10-2018 08:10 PM

This episode got me thinking about apologies.

A good way to reassure people that you are committed to being a better version of yourself is to be apologetic when faced with the harm you caused even if the reminder is unexpected or unpleasant.

Ethics can coexist with a person whose brand is raunchy. A person can embrace controversy and still be repentant for crossing lines they are embarrassed they crossed....or are at least embarrassed they got caught crossing.

AND, if the person is not embarrassed or apologetic then they have to pay the social cost that goes along with that. To try and have it both ways is corny. Society is moving forward and there is less and less room for abusers.

O'Ryan 12-10-2018 09:15 PM

Jesus shit, my first post on the forum and it gets mentioned in the next show, I'm fuckin proud, though not of that story. And with Judy Gold on as your guest is even better, she's how I found your show in the first place.

And yeah, this was 14 years ago in the middle of no where northern michigan, I honestly drank the cough syrup because I couldn't find any pot.

Archimedes_Screw 12-10-2018 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O'Ryan (Post 872491)
Jesus shit, my first post on the forum and it gets mentioned in the next show, I'm fuckin proud, though not of that story. And with Judy Gold on as your guest is even better, she's how I found your show in the first place.

And yeah, this was 14 years ago in the middle of no where northern michigan, I honestly drank the cough syrup because I couldn't find any pot.

Welcome to the forums!!!

O'Ryan 12-11-2018 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw (Post 872492)
Welcome to the forums!!!

Thank you

Sakugenken 12-11-2018 10:41 AM

Applause to Chemda for calling out Judy Gold on her hypocrisy. She was defending Louis CK while bashing Trump for saying what “they believe”. I mean, we all hate Trump, but fair is fair. (I guess)