Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Keith’s anti-church stance
It’s noble, I appreciate him not going to church 101 87.07%
It’s not that deep, who gives a fuck 15 12.93%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree224Likes

Old 12-24-2018, 05:28 PM   #51 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Big Pharma

The thing about how cannabis can cure all illness and it’s just a big pharma conspiracy overlooks that pharmaceutical companies need to make money for innovation and research, there’s not a chance big pharma would’nt cash in on cannabis if it made money.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 08:26 AM   #52 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

2999: Chemda Loves Ketamine w/ Andrea Allan

I went to catholic school for 13 years, was an alter girl for a year or two, and my mom made/guilted me into going to church until I finally stood up for myself when I was 21. I couldn’t reconcile how the Catholic Church teaches about love and forgiveness yet treats women like shit, abuses children, views birth control and abortion, damns anyone that isn’t cis or hetero...I could go on. My husband’s parents and my parents still faithfully go to church every weekend.

I started listening to Keith and Chemda when I was 18, and hearing Keith’s POV and dealings with his religious parents helped me understand that it wasn’t about not wanting to spend an hour of my week in a boring church, or me being selfish, unable to do this one simple thing that would make my family happy. It’s about respecting myself, my beliefs, and people in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith, The Girl and Sparrow like this.

Last edited by lalalemon; 01-01-2019 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:18 AM   #53 (permalink)

my Mama is a believer and i believe in my heart her examples of compassion, hospitality, mercy, grace, and radical love born from that gave me a touchstone for how to treat others with care and respect. i didn’t lose my religion in a rebellion or with anger; i simply found physics. she stopped going to church about 12 years ago after having taken in a troubled teen when i left for college. she asked the church for help and they denied her. our family was one of those that founded the damn place in 1924. that alone should have held weight much less Christ’s commands to lift each other up no matter what manner of sinner is among you. we’re all sinners and that’s an equal playing field. anyway, it’s no bigs anymore to go or not go. nobody in the family cares cause we love each other no matter. i’m pretty sure that’s what i was supposed to take away from it anyway.

The Girl, littlp and lalalemon like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:00 PM   #54 (permalink)

More people need to take a stance against the church. Thank you for speaking out, Keith!