Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: 7 Birds
Yes 6 16.22%
No 31 83.78%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree37Likes

Old 02-13-2019, 09:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Why is every normal person almost hoping to be called excessive?
AstoriaGirl likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 04:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Birds

I’ve always wanted a cock-a-too but I just know it would pair with Mr Loopy and drive me insane with jealousy.
Keith likes this.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

The Dream

[QUOTE=Lord of the Cock Rings;873620]I also want a cockatoo but only to see it do this. If I got one that didn't like to dance, I'd be so disappointed.

I’ve spent all day at work looking at bird videos, this would be my dream. If it could tell people to “get the fuck out” when they entered my living room that would be even better.

The video Andrea shared on Instagram of iggy pop reignited a childhood dream.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:59 PM   #14 (permalink)

No to 1 bird never mind 7!

I took my one year old into a pet shop a few weeks ago to look at the animals and it just hit me while I was standing there how horribly weird and cruel it would be to keep a bird as a pet. Like seriously how do you sit and watch it in a cage all day and not feel guilty! I can understand most pets but not a bird!
The Girl and Bucho like this.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
No to 1 bird never mind 7!

I took my one year old into a pet shop a few weeks ago to look at the animals and it just hit me while I was standing there how horribly weird and cruel it would be to keep a bird as a pet. Like seriously how do you sit and watch it in a cage all day and not feel guilty! I can understand most pets but not a bird!
I never had a bird as a pet but if you treat it right honestly how much worse is that compared to a dog or a cat?
Holding either of these in an apartment all fucking day is not a natural behavior.

I mean who knows how he treats these birds if they only let them out once a week to fly but I know bird owners that have big enough cages and let their parakeets out regularly to fly and stretch their wings and actually parakeets in the wild exist in big flocks so having a few of them together is probably a good thing.

So either go crazy on condemning all pets and actually all farm animals as well or admit that we as humans do shit to the environment and as long as we try to make it the least harmful we can it’s kinda ok.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:18 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
I never had a bird as a pet but if you treat it right honestly how much worse is that compared to a dog or a cat?
Holding either of these in an apartment all fucking day is not a natural behavior.

I mean who knows how he treats these birds if they only let them out once a week to fly but I know bird owners that have big enough cages and let their parakeets out regularly to fly and stretch their wings and actually parakeets in the wild exist in big flocks so having a few of them together is probably a good thing.

So either go crazy on condemning all pets and actually all farm animals as well or admit that we as humans do shit to the environment and as long as we try to make it the least harmful we can it’s kinda ok.

Okay so forgive me for simplifying it but for me its just the difference between flying and walking. You can take a dog to the park or a field and let it run around for hours and that's all its ever wanted to do.

Can you really let a bird fly outside? Like up in the trees. I just don't see flying around the house never seeing the sky as the same thing.

Then again Ive never owned a bird so I don't know what they really need or want from life. I'm sure he knows a lot more than me.

I wont go crazy and condemn all pets because every animal is different. Their needs and history of domestication all change how we should treat them.

Oh and I fully agree that humans do all kinds of shit to the environment and we just need to try our best to slightly reduce our own impact.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:43 AM   #17 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Oh absolutely I agree with both of you but you are both probably great pet owners.
I am just not convinced that most dog owners take an hour each day to let their dog run in a field without a leash for an hour each day. And a lot of cats never get to go outside ever.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:37 AM   #18 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Why is every normal person almost hoping to be called excessive?
I'm not tho, I'm just asking to be judged.
Keith and Bucho like this.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
Oh absolutely I agree with both of you but you are both probably great pet owners.
I am just not convinced that most dog owners take an hour each day to let their dog run in a field without a leash for an hour each day. And a lot of cats never get to go outside ever.
Indoor cats live, on average, 7 years longer than other cats. I know there's a big difference on how Americans and Europeans see this issue but most cat people here don't let their cats outside unless they live on a farm or something. In the city they just get exposed to way to many elements (disease, weather, animals, cars, etc).

They sleep 20 hours a day anyway. I don't think they mind.
Keith and Bucho like this.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:08 PM   #20 (permalink)

I lived with this bird for about a year (roomate's pet)

<-----------------------

We had good times. I worked from home a lot and would take the bird out of the cage when I woke up. He would sing while he tore up newspaper I laid around him.

If you're gonna get a bird, you gotta let them out of the cage for more than 1 hour per day. And I think in general an ethical way to go as a pet owner (from someone who's never owned a pet) is to adopt pets that need homes.

I can't imagine living with 7 birds without being totally gung-ho about it, get a grip Joe