Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you get along well with your biological father?
Yes 27 46.55%
No 18 31.03%
They're Dead/Never Met Them 13 22.41%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree65Likes

Old 04-29-2019, 02:43 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Right here is perfect, and I love it. That’s a good break from what’s going on right now, which is finding out that 4 men on separate occasions tried to force sex on him.
wait, what? Did i phase out during the episode or is this new information? woaaaaah gosh he is good at secrets huh
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 02:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

In all fairness he didn’t owe those gentlemen any secrets.
NotARegularMom likes this.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Yes

I’ve answered yes to this but everything you talked about chimes with me.

I think Mike is right about the baby boomers losing relevance in society hence increasingly they act out. Both my parents voted Brexit and I think this lack of control is leading them to go rogue.

I get my dad some books every year for his birthday, I don’t like to go in too hard but I try to introduce some more balancing influences without being too obvious. I’m currently debating whether to get him some Sam Harris books this year (alongside a book about how Trump is similar to Mussolini) but I don’t want to reinforce his prejudice towards Muslims (my experience living amongst the Muslim community in the U.K./ Europe is in no-way as described by Sam Harris) My dad is of course is anti-Muslim because it fits in with the trope he has decided to pursue despite having never met a Muslim in his life.

The Sam Harris book would be an easy “in” to cement our relationship based on casual racism. I’m sure he does it just to remind me who is in control.

I believe the baby boomer generation are suffering from a mass psychopathy associated with unresolved issues from their parents being in the WW2. They are becoming increasingly isolated and xenophobic wanting to channel there unresolved frustration at never being able to fight nations that’s tried to kill their parents. They are taking it out on us

no shitbags
Old 04-29-2019, 06:13 AM   #14 (permalink)

Just waiting for the man to die. Surprised he hasn’t come to a violent end yet. No chance in hell my children will ever meet him.
dEadERest likes this.
Old 04-29-2019, 07:45 AM   #15 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

My dad is pretty good. Taught me a lot, never cruel and generally a good parent and a spectacular grandparent to my nieces.
He is married to my mother who is a disaster of a human being so I have limited contact with my dad because I need to limit contact with her for my own sanity and they are a package deal.
Keith, The Girl and LoopyLou79 like this.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:53 AM   #16 (permalink)

My dad died when I was 15 and only just starting to get to know him as a person rather than just as "dad."

But I've been able to watch my step-dad turn crankier and crazier over time. He's gone full on Alex Jones and watches the craziest shit on Youtube. Then he tries to start arguments with me about it...like at Christmas dinner three years ago when he announced to me that "most women lie about being raped." That was the last straw, and if he even starts any of that shit, I leave the room. I'm not doing it anymore.

Now that I'm married he talks to my husband about the military, pens, and watches (his other obsessions). And my husband is so sweet and unable to remove himself from awkward conversations that he just gets stuck there.
Keith and LoopyLou79 like this.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:10 AM   #17 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
He doesnt cause problems now at least?
That's true. Other than the headache of settling an estate. But im not the executor so, not really my problem? Lol.
Apia likes this.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:57 AM   #18 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

That text convo between Mike and his dad sounds like the kind of shit I get when talking to men on fuck apps.

Walls of text that get ignored so they can bulldoze their less important point in. They usually are asking for ass pics, not birthday ass kissing
Keith and shoebootie like this.

Last edited by FingerLakes; 04-29-2019 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:37 AM   #19 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Baffled

I’m also voting that when Keith reveals he’s been sending the emails his dad will be baffled and put it down to “ Keith being Keith” with no closure or satisfactory conclusion.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:55 AM   #20 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
My dad died when I was 15 and only just starting to get to know him as a person rather than just as "dad."
My dad died when I was 8 so I idolized him my whole life. It's just been the past few years that my family who knew him has started to let slip some dirt about him. I still love the man I knew but I suspect I didn't know him very well.
Blitzgal and Apia like this.