Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3078: The Abortion Ban w/ Chelsea White (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3078-abortion-ban-w-chelsea-white-21445/)

Keith 05-19-2019 04:40 PM

3078: The Abortion Ban w/ Chelsea White

Blackouts; Grumpy Cat; Chemda’s therapy, fights, and NYC’s Mayor Bill de Blasio; Georgia, Alabama, Missouri, Mississippi, Ohio, Kentucky, and their abortion bans; Game of Thrones’ finale and its petitioning fans; Chelsea’s tattoos

Guest:
Chelsea White
http://static-3.keithandthegirl.net/...TE-100x100.png

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

punk'n 05-19-2019 10:18 PM

So many thoughts!
First of all, I voted no on your poll so as not to effect your science because I have never had an abortion but of course I have benefited from one. All of society benefits from women being able to choose this for themselves.

-I think the laws against miscarriages are to prevent women from purposely not drinking or throwing themselves down the stairs while pregnant. I came to this realization during a conversation with my partner about what I would do if I got pregnant (I'm in Missouri)

- Thank god my bf has offered to get snipped thanks to this insane law.

- There was a protest and march today in my city in just one park with over 4,000 people. This shit is so scary. It's crazy out here.

- And lastly, we do have to make sure that women know that none of these laws are in effect YET. I don't mean that we shouldn't be worried but we also need to make sure that women know that abortions are still safe and legal until they aren't.

Sorin Markov 05-20-2019 07:12 AM

I live in Georgia. It is also illegal to cross state lines for an abortion.

I’m so tired of people pushing their religious beliefs on the populous in the form of laws.
Between this and my close family and several coworkers believing that I shouldn’t have the right to get married - I don’t want to live on this planet anymore. I’m so dejected by how society is going, I really just want to fade out of existence. The level of hypocrisy from the law makers is astounding.

The Girl 05-20-2019 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia (Post 875493)
I am still grateful that I never had to make that decision, I always knew I wanted kids, but not in my 20 ties.

Or in your teens when you took the abortion pill. That’s what conservatives call “plan b”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sparrow 05-20-2019 09:09 AM

i voted no bc i’ve never had an abortion, but i’ve had a few pregnancy scares over the years and used Plan B twice.

saw my parents over the weekend and we had a really civil discussion about the recent legislation even though we’re on different ends of the life debate. it was heartening to find that we were all in favor of more preventative efforts and how these bills overstep constitutional rights. we have allies on the other side.

Sparrow 05-20-2019 09:11 AM

even crazycunt Tomi Lahren is an ally on this issue.

let’s mobilize the libertarians. #commonground

Lanfear 05-20-2019 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia (Post 875503)
I know, as I work in the pharmaceutical field my friend.

A pregnancy can happen when an egg and sperm come together. For that you need ovulation. Plan B moves ovulation that might occur lets say today to a later point in time when the sperm in the vagina stopped working. Sperm is/can be active for a few days after sex.
This way the egg the sperm never meet. A pregnancy is prevented.
Therefore plan B is a contraceptive.
You do it just in emergency because of the high homone dose.

According to their website Plan B does one of three things:

Temporarily stops the release of an egg from the ovary
Prevents fertilization
Prevents a fertilized egg from attaching to the uterus

I don't consider any of these an abortion because none are viable pregnancies but I could see how this could be debatable

Let's be correct with our information

Lanfear 05-20-2019 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia (Post 875500)
Its not the abortion pill and you know it. Plan B moves your ovulation. There is nothing to abort yet. An abortion requires a pregnancy. Otherwise, what are words. Conservatives say lots of crazy shit and its wrong.

I was in my mid twenties and on the pill. But I also had to take an antibiotic and read afterwards that it might influence the pill. Thats why I took it. Pretty sure it was unnecessary but who knows

You are the Pharma expert but I would assume that they made you take the antibiotic to prevent that potentially fertilized egg floating around in your uterus from making you sick potentially to be save

Sparrow 05-20-2019 10:39 AM

i’m super not saying Plan B is an abortificient. just sharing a little reproductive backhistory.

Lanfear 05-20-2019 10:52 AM

I had good sex Ed at school and from various other sources and I got the pill when I was 18 or 19 at a doctors appointment my mom took me to. I've since updated to a hormonal IUD which honestly is the best thing to ever happen to my uterus and I highly recommend it

Had a pregnancy scare in my early 20 that my doc ruled out real fast luckily but there would have been no way I would have had a child at that point. I was already researching abortion on my way to the doctors appointment.

There are two problems with the abortion laws in Germany that I think need to be improved and I hope will eventually happen but overall it's save and available and I'm deeply grateful for that.