Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will Father’s Day be Not!Cat’s D-Day?
Yes 22 52.38%
No 20 47.62%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree83Likes

Old 05-21-2019, 06:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3080: Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile

Keith as a parent; the Zac Efron/Ted Bundy biopic; Robert Pattinson will be the next Batman; Pete Townshend’s pedophilia book and Roger Daltrey’s weed allergy; Keith’s next step with his dad; Mother’s Day: the boyfriend vs. the kids; dating and dinners

Guests:
Christian Finnegan

Kyle Ocasio

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl and Archimedes_Screw like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

I'm relatively new to the show. Has Keith ever cheated or been a fuckboi?
Old 05-22-2019, 08:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

Bundy killed women who looked like his ex-fiance. She'd rejected him and he never got over it. He also wasn't charming or especially intelligent - he washed out of law school and it's apparent he never got over that, either. Victims who survived explain his demeanor and it's clear he was your basic awkward creeper. He just went after younger women who are socialized to not say no or cause too much trouble. He did a lot of blitz attacks against people who weren't even aware he was there, fucking coward. He also killed during a time when there was no national database, so whenever he left jurisdictions he was able to start over again and had a lot of time before the cops caught on that this killings were being committed by the same person.

The fangirling over this pathetic piece of shit makes me want to puke. People in the "true crime" fan community are just stupid over it, and mythologize him to such a ridiculous degree.
Keith, Bucho, thirteen and 2 others like this.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Serial killers often are charming because that’s what allowing them to get close to victims and therefore more ‘successful’ killers.

I think I mentioned this on twitter before but I would love to hear you talk to Gillian and Patrick from https://www.truecrimeobsessed.com/home2 they are based in NYC and super funny.
Well and the My Favorite Murder Girls but these two are busy as hell so I guess that would be hard.

#ssdgm #murderino

And yes Christian is correct - True Crime is a very female driven genre:
Quote:
According to stats gathered in 2017, 56% of podcast listeners are male
Bucho, punk'n, m0o0op and 2 others like this.
Old 05-22-2019, 12:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Did I find a TCO fan here at KATG?! I love Gillian and Patrick. And I love Keith and Chemda. Now I love Lanfear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
Serial killers often are charming because that’s what allowing them to get close to victims and therefore more ‘successful’ killers.

I think I mentioned this on twitter before but I would love to hear you talk to Gillian and Patrick from https://www.truecrimeobsessed.com/home2 they are based in NYC and super funny.
Well and the My Favorite Murder Girls but these two are busy as hell so I guess that would be hard.

#ssdgm #murderino

And yes Christian is correct - True Crime is a very female driven genre:

Lanfear, Sparrow and lizsquiz like this.
Old 05-22-2019, 12:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
From this podcasts above I listened to S town and dirty John.
Dirty John has a very satisfying ending.

My favorite murder is very popular, I know, but I couldn’t get into it and I really tried.

I also am 0 attracted to bad boys or similar types, so no killers for me.
In my relationships it’s good when I’m the more wild one and my partner is the one to provide moderation and sensibility.
I tend to take many risks and some of my behavious is semi dangerous, if not checked. Knowing “I can’t do that, Mr Apia would be very displeased” saved me several times from myself.
( I hear his voice saying: “running in the thunderstorm is fun, but also dangerous, especially in the forest. Please don’t” “no night hikes. You should see stuff”, “ when in bear country, please don’t bring fish with you as a snack and leave the empty package in the car” )
Luckily I’m attracted to sensible men.
I don’t care for my favorite murder at all. Dirty John was a good one though. Case File did really good in depth episodes of the East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer. Who was finally caught a year ago.
Apia likes this.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARegularMom View Post
Did I find a TCO fan here at KATG?! I love Gillian and Patrick. And I love Keith and Chemda. Now I love Lanfear.
I got it recommended by another KATG fan (Thanks Punk'n)and introduced others since :-)
NotARegularMom likes this.
Old 05-22-2019, 02:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
I got it recommended by another KATG fan (Thanks Punk'n)and introduced others since :-)
Headed to New Orleans next week to see Patrick and Gillian live!

I'm sure there are lots of reasons that women are more interested in true crime. For me, I feel like knowledge is power and the more I know about these sickos, the better I can avoid them.
Bucho, Lanfear and NotARegularMom like this.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

face rollers might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen sold for money
Keith and Archimedes_Screw like this.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post
face rollers might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen sold for money
ok but like doesn't all this talk about them kind of make me want to buy one?
Keith, Bucho, Lanfear and 3 others like this.