Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3079: The Game of Thrones Finals w/ Kenice Mobley (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3079-game-thrones-finals-w-kenice-mobley-21446/)

Keith 05-20-2019 04:17 PM

3079: The Game of Thrones Finals w/ Kenice Mobley

Comedians, civilians, and dating; Chemda’s boyfriend(?); Game of Thrones’ finale

Guest:
Kenice Mobley
http://static-4.keithandthegirl.net/...CE-100x100.png

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

AstoriaGirl 05-20-2019 05:23 PM

Ok but sansa is queen of her home so I'm ok with it.

Enunciated Piffle 05-20-2019 06:06 PM

At least GOT put Peter Dinklage on the global stage. He’s landed more roles lately. That Tyrion character was my favorite. He’ll be missed.

Unless of course Game of Thrones announces a ninth season with writer/ producers David Benioff and Dan Weiss - then my fandom ends. Im glad it’s over and those two can’t utterly screw up the best tv show ever, so they can go make Disney, the worst Star Wars movie ever.

Sparrow 05-20-2019 06:11 PM

Chemda, honey, don’t go gettin’ caught up in your ‘should’s; there’s no rule book, no ‘have to’s, no ‘correct’ path. you gave yourself time. trusting again is hard, especially if the person you need to trust again is yourself. Xerx is good people. take the adventure into each other.

Bucho 05-20-2019 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle (Post 875536)
At least GOT put Peter Dinklage on the global stage. He’s landed more roles lately. That Tyrion character was my favorite. He’ll be missed.

Tyrion had his moments but that dude wasn't even my favourite Lannister.

1. Cersei YAS QUEEN
2. Tywin BOSS AF
3. Joffrey (TECHNICALLY a Lannister)
4. Jaime DOOFUS
5. Tyrion FUCK UP

Dude made so many cock ups upon cock ups upon cock ups that by the end it was pretty much his fault Dany went bonkers.

MartinCrow 05-20-2019 10:19 PM

God I love the phrase, "what are words!?". I have a friend with whom every argument devolves into semantics. It used to frustrate me but now i wait for it.

"l didn't say i was angry, i said it bothered me and made me upset..."

"WHAT ARE WORDS!?!?!". So fucking satisfying.

Thank you Keith.

Blitzgal 05-21-2019 08:28 AM

I think they had Dany do the "Mad Queen" thing because they thought it would be a nice bookend to the beginning, when mad king Aerys had to be overthrown. The problem is they rushed the storyline so instead of having is happening over years, as it did with Aerys, it happens suddenly and makes no sense. I'm guessing Martin will spend a lot more time dragging it out in the books.

joslingeneva 05-21-2019 10:01 AM

I really liked Kenice! I hope ya'll have her back.

Sparrow 05-21-2019 10:12 AM

doubling down on enjoying Kenice. aces plus

Enunciated Piffle 05-21-2019 10:13 AM

Keith made a great point in Bucho’s GOT thread. These guys took an extra year, TWO years) to make this last season. Rumor has it the writer/ producers Dan and Dave simply rushed through it due to Disney picking the two up to do Upcoming Star Wars flics.

I think there’s some truth to that because in a youtube video, (one of those Did You Like This Last Season) question posed to GOT actors. There’s one with the GreyWorm actor. He makes a snide remark about Dan and Dave rushing to get it done to work on another project. Then he says, “Oops. Looks like my chances of getting a role in a Star Wars film are gone.”

GOT were able to knock out stellar episodes- for years. If the producers were too busy, or the source material not written by George Martin, they should have waited.

Dany spent years developing her character as ‘Not My Father - not the Mad King’. Burning Kings Landing seemed contrary to the foreshadowing of her character. It was poor writing.