Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3087: Text Me Back w/ Hannah Boone and Phil Corso (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3087-text-me-back-w-hannah-boone-phil-corso-21459/)

Michael's Servant 06-06-2019 06:00 PM

3087: Text Me Back w/ Hannah Boone and Phil Corso

The art of KATG ads; texting in a relationship; Keith’s hometown, dead cousin, and lack of family knowledge; New York Post’s Weird but true super wrap-up

Guests:
Hannah Boone
http://static-3.keithandthegirl.net/...NE-100x100.jpg

Phil Corso
http://static-1.keithandthegirl.net/...IL-100x100.png

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

AstoriaGirl 06-06-2019 07:51 PM

I ghost while texting. One time, I texted my husband that I had fallen down the stairs and was with our friend and then didn't respond for hours. What had happened was I had slipped down the subway stairs and our friend was there and had helped me up, and I went and hung at her apartment. What he thought had happened was I slipped down our building stairway, split my head open, and was hallucinating our friend in the hallway as I bled out.

Sparrow 06-06-2019 07:59 PM

Bear assumes anytime i leave the house i’m basically dead until he hears from me and i happen to be the woooooorst at checking in. i try and most times he ends up calling me to allay his anxiety. mostly else our texting is him telling me i’m cute.

i can and do take a long time to reply to things. i sometimes like time to consider and chew before i speak. every now and again i take long blocks of space from talking to people. nobody is shocked or surprised at this point. i always find my way back and it never feels like any time has passed at all.

bw81 06-06-2019 09:52 PM

I am good at responding to texts and understand when someone goes quiet that something has probably come up. If we are in mid emergency style conversation, I'll call if the reply isn't there quick enough. It's a bit presumptuous to assume the person I'm texting with is sitting down calmly with a cup of tea, only the mobile phone in front of them and not a care in the world. I guess I've ghosted when a general comment is sent to me or the answer to a question has ended our conversation. But is that ghosting? Do we need to announce that the conversation is over?

I found Chemda's annoyance with Xerxes frustrating to listen to as you can hear the paranoia and mistrust bubbling up all because of a text message. To be clear, I'm not annoyed at Chemda - just at hearing how a problem can manifest out of nothing. Xerxes asked a question, she answered... isn't that the end of that part of the conversation?

The, "I need him to see say X, Y then Z " just seems petty to me. You've known how Xerxes is with text messages via the course of your entire friendship, isn't it a little unfair to expect him to not respond the way he always has?

Sparrow 06-06-2019 10:00 PM

my eye itched this morning. i needed Bear to say out loud it wasn’t worms or pink eye. sometimes you need your person to shout down the crazy so you can move on with your day.

The Girl 06-06-2019 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bw81 (Post 875825)
I am good at responding to texts and understand when someone goes quiet that something has probably come up. If we are in mid emergency style conversation, I'll call if the reply isn't there quick enough. It's a bit presumptuous to assume the person I'm texting with is sitting down calmly with a cup of tea, only the mobile phone in front of them and not a care in the world. I guess I've ghosted when a general comment is sent to me or the answer to a question has ended our conversation. But is that ghosting? Do we need to announce that the conversation is over?

I found Chemda's annoyance with Xerxes frustrating to listen to as you can hear the paranoia and mistrust bubbling up all because of a text message. To be clear, I'm not annoyed at Chemda - just at hearing how a problem can manifest out of nothing. Xerxes asked a question, she answered... isn't that the end of that part of the conversation?

The, "I need him to see say X, Y then Z " just seems petty to me. You've known how Xerxes is with text messages via the course of your entire friendship, isn't it a little unfair to expect him to not respond the way he always has?

Sometimes rules change after someone’s dick was in your mouth.

Also this is how we’ve always supported each other. We tell each other what we need and see if it’s necessary or possible to do.

He’s not annoyed but you are. Which is hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bw81 06-06-2019 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow (Post 875826)
my eye itched this morning. i needed Bear to say out loud it wasn’t worms or pink eye. sometimes you need your person to shout down the crazy so you can move on with your day.

Totally get that, and I get those weird things too that just need said. But I don't really see how Xerxes should know that when Chemda answers a question he asked about a proposal that he has to say, "Cool. Super cool even!".

That's not a, "we've known each other for nearly 20 years and when I cut my finger and there's a small amount of blood and I make a big deal about it just let me make a big deal about it, let me show you the tissue with the blood and tell me, "poor shnookums"...

But I am assuming this has probably happened before between the two of them and if he is aware that he should respond in that situation, then that's on him.

bw81 06-06-2019 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Girl (Post 875827)
Sometimes rules change after someone’s dick was in your mouth.

Also this is how we’ve always supported each other. We tell each other what we need and see if it’s necessary or possible to do.

He’s not annoyed but you are. Which is hilarious.

Ha! Noted and I will keep that in mind about the rules :p

I wasn't annoyed, I was frutrated at hearing how a problem can develop between two people over texts. We've all experienced how texts are misconstrued and it was hearing another example of that play out that frustrated me. I still enjoyed the hell out of the show.

And as I said above, if it's been clear between the two of you how your text conversations are supposed to play out, that's his bad for not playing his part right.

Sakugenken 06-07-2019 01:55 AM

Hannah Boone is so bad ass! I would love to hang out with her just to watch her pull this stuff off.

Joshua 06-07-2019 06:12 AM

Does Xerxes have sleep apnea? I do when I drink more than one glass of wine at night, and it really messes with me. I just ask because sleeping lightly, and always being sleepy are common symptoms.

It can be pretty serious, so it’s worth checking out if it seems likely he does have it.

LoopyLou79 06-07-2019 07:08 AM

No Text

No point me texting Mr Loopy his phone is normally turned off, in the car or on the mantle piece. If he was fucking someone else he’s very unlikely to answer his phone when he’s mid-cheat to take a shopping list or agree to start cooking tea anyway.

Archimedes_Screw 06-07-2019 09:58 AM

I fucking love the Rain Forest Cafe! I’m eating pizza and then a rolling thunderstorm comes in! The embarrassing thing is I dress like them. Loves me some khaki cargo shorts.

Newsy 06-07-2019 10:29 AM

Fucking hell - I am so lonely and desperate for a relationship but already with this texting stuff - I'm out! Leave me alone forever!

Newsy 06-07-2019 10:44 AM

Woof. It isn't getting better as I listen. You old people sound crazy. Also, I realize I've never been good at communication, but still. Don't stress me out over falling asleep during texting. That's the fastest way to lose me. I don't need stressed!

The Girl 06-07-2019 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newsy (Post 875853)
Woof. It isn't getting better as I listen. You old people sound crazy. Also, I realize I've never been good at communication, but still. Don't stress me out over falling asleep during texting. That's the fastest way to lose me. I don't need stressed!

Yup. You and I have texted each other 24 hrs after we got the text (or more). No one ever got butt hurt.

I definitely think we need different things in romantic relationships in general.

I also have hope that my pain over this will go away. I can’t react to xerxes like he’s Hennessy. It’s not fair.

I’m trying. He’s patient about it. It’s nice.

CuriousKlepto 06-07-2019 10:50 AM

Stealing is 1,000% confidence. You just act like you're allowed to do what you're doing.

Newsy 06-07-2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Girl (Post 875854)
Yup. You and I have texted each other 24 hrs after we got the text (or more). No one ever got butt hurt.

I definitely think we need different things in romantic relationships in general.

I also have hope that my pain over this will go away. I can’t react to xerxes like he’s Hennessy. It’s not fair.

I’m trying. He’s patient about it. It’s nice.

Absolutely.

Ahem, I hope there wasn't too much bite in my response. I can't even say for sure what level of care and attention I need in a relationship, I don't have a lot of experience. You have fresh trauma, it's gonna take some time. I think Xerxes is the right amount of patient.

The Girl 06-07-2019 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newsy (Post 875856)
Absolutely.

Ahem, I hope there wasn't too much bite in my response. I can't even say for sure what level of care and attention I need in a relationship, I don't have a lot of experience. You have fresh trauma, it's gonna take some time. I think Xerxes is the right amount of patient.

Yeah I get it. I don’t like this response in me either. I told myself all the stuff that you said also.

He is also fresh off trauma and sometimes I notice he’s not responding to me. He’s responding to something else he’s used to. It never mean or shitty from either of us. It’s something to notice and work on with ourselves. It’s habits we weren’t away if because they get normalized over time.

That’s why it’s worth it. We all come from some trauma. He and I don’t get mad at each other for the pain we came with. We don’t put it on each other. We just admit it and say what we’re doing to be better.

invader 06-07-2019 11:50 AM

I'm super bad with responding and just absent minded in general. Sometimes I type a response and just space out on hitting send or just missed. Other times I'm in the middle of doing something and think, "let me just finish this one thing and I'll respond."

thirteen 06-07-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bw81 (Post 875825)
Xerxes asked a question, she answered... isn't that the end of that part of the conversation?

That's not a conversation. If you were to do that in person, there would be some kind of acknowledgment of the other person's response, whether it's through talking or body language. Once you ask a question and receive a response, you wouldn't just walk away without reacting in any way. I understand texting is different, but some people still want a similar dynamic as it helps them understand what's going on and perhaps feel closer to their partner. Even just an "OK, gotcha" or whatever works for the two of you is fine. When it comes to communication, little things like that go a long way.

Bringing old stuff into a new relationship is a different story. Of course that should be worked on.

Bucho 06-07-2019 05:21 PM

Get Phil back, we need some filthy punk show stories.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bw81 (Post 875829)
I wasn't annoyed, I was frustrated at hearing how a problem can develop between two people over texts.

I get you cobber, it's because we're rooting for those crazy kids so hard we fret when we hear there's any hint of trouble.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Girl (Post 875857)
It’s habits we weren’t away if because they get normalized over time.

It's habits we weren't clit if because cock normalized over taint.

(NotCat mode triggered by goofy autocorrect.)

FingerLakes 06-07-2019 05:39 PM

WAIT
FUCK
Have Not!Cat tell your dad that Keith used to talk shit about his grandparents, like he remembers them abusing him, and maybe he'll defend them and give you details.
Or just confess they beat him too...

bw81 06-07-2019 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucho (Post 875866)
I get you cobber, it's because we're rooting for those crazy kids so hard we fret when we hear there's any hint of trouble.

Exacty. I want all the good things for them.

da_ticklah 06-08-2019 09:09 AM

Hannah is the embodiment of white woman (Let me speak to your manager) privilege. Nobody else could get away with all that

FingerLakes 06-08-2019 09:48 AM

I related to K/C in for 90% of situations. Like..if we're planning or cummicating in a way that needs questions answered or feed back just answer your fucking text! Even if to say "I dunno. I'll get back to you."

*Equips Grandpa hat* I always hear kids these days talk about hating phone calls and preferring texts but then get so freaked out by texting and the weight of responding to someone that they don't answer texts for hours/days either. Like, wtf.

But in the other 10% of times, I may be the one who doesn't text back. Those times being when someone and I are texting nonsense late at night, midnight or later. Not having a conversation with a point; just throwing out opinions or jokes. I'll just let those trail off as I think it's assumed we're gonna go to sleep and can pick up this non convo anytime. Some people push me to give them a "alright I'm done talking. Good night" text. Eh. Just go to bed.