Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you have family drama regarding religion?
Yes 21 39.62%
No 32 60.38%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree161Likes

Old 06-13-2019, 01:00 PM   #21 (permalink)

Cats in the Cradle

nominated for best musical performance - the previous most memorable use of this song? An Irish anti-terrorism ad.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:20 PM   #22 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Oh I just had a stroke of genius. What if you started emailing him all about not!cats period problems under the guise of him praying for her recovery and fertility. If he's anything like my dad it'll be more scandalizing than anything sexual.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:29 PM   #23 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

My family has drama because my mom is a cunt.
She can make anything into drama incl complaining that my sister baptized her kids catholic (because that's what their dad believes in) but nobody in my side of the family is religious incl my sister.

My mom baptized us Protestant but never took us to church or did any religious teaching in the home but decided to freak out over some water being spilled over my nieces head.
So yeah, not a religion problem just her being her normal bitchyness.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:54 PM   #24 (permalink)

Not sure why my marital status is mortifying.

And not sure where to start with more info. I was Catholic until my teens when I decided it was all BS. Got indoctrinated by JWs for a few years. Since then I have occasional phases of wanting to believe so much that I read enough religious crap to create that mindset - but for now, I consider myself atheist.

Regarding the anti-cult meeting, we got a current JW to attend and they mostly argued among themselves - if anything, feeling forced to defend the cult pushed me further towards it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post
When he said he was married a few posts back i was mortified but also scared to get more details on that

Last edited by SpareBen; 06-14-2019 at 09:04 AM.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:02 AM   #25 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

let me amend that to "incredibly surprised"
Old 06-14-2019, 05:03 AM   #26 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
I enjoyed Keith’s songs a lot.
I've always thought he could carry a tune.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:11 AM   #27 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpareBen View Post
BVM = Blessed Virgin Mary, disrespectful of him to abbreviate the Blessed.
Thanks for clearing that up. It confused the hell outta me. Why would someone use specific religious acronyms with a ‘non-believer?!’ It’s confusing.

Then again, so is secretly talking to your son’s ex-wife from two years ago.

Father’s Day is almost here, kids. Will the guy who randomly spied on his son at school, take the time to listen to said son’s daily podcast, and figure it out???

Very exciting.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:26 AM   #28 (permalink)

Plenty of religious drama in my family. We were raised Catholic, and now 2/3 of the siblings are atheists. My parents still defend forcing their kids to go to church. I was an Evangelical for about a decade before getting rid of faith entirely. That was... well, a whole thing. I can talk religion and family for a long time, as I'm sure many of us can.

My parents now run a Catholic radio station, and sometimes my dad is on their morning show. They go on and on about family values, abortion, and protecting the children from those evil gays while making excuses for their kid-raping priests.

The Catholic Church is the word's biggest crime syndicate and the entire Vatican staff should be tried before the Hague.
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 4 others like this.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:58 AM   #29 (permalink)

I wanna be friends with them.
Keith likes this.
Old 06-15-2019, 08:22 AM   #30 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

My family’s Religious drama

My family is Polish, my parents came to the USA when I was 6. They are Catholic but my dad is the zealot.

As soon as I became an adult (I’m 31 now) I refused to go to church and it super pissed off my dad. However, no real repercussions came.

My brother is an atheist but is still afraid of my dad and still goes to church though he sees there have been zero repercussions when I stopped going.

I made my brother and mom watch Religulous and I think it made my mom drift but she is too scared of my dad to say she’s not really religious. He’s openly said he would divorce her if she stopped being a devout Catholic.

My brother (and sometimes my mom too) makes up excuses nearly weekly why he can’t go to mass at the same time as my dad (often using my daughter/caregiving obligations as an excuse) and then on a separate day, he pretends he is going to church and instead goes thrifting or on a long walk. So if my dad goes to Saturday Polish mass my mom and brother will cop out then on Sunday morning will leave home and pretend to be at church and they obsessively watch the time so that their return home makes sense time-wise.

So yeah religion drama is a shit show in my family.
Keith, Bucho, Lanfear and 6 others like this.