Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you have family drama regarding religion?
Yes 21 39.62%
No 32 60.38%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree161Likes

Old 06-15-2019, 08:32 AM   #31 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Welcome to the party.
DeathInGrasp likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:47 AM   #32 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

My sister was thrown out for being gay so, yeha I guess religious bullshit in my house.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:49 AM   #33 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

my father is in the stone mason's cult but that really doesn't affect anything since he is an absentee douche anyway. There's the usual guilt from church leading all the adults to shame the kids for being different and being afraid to have our "dirty laundry aired out" so we never sought help from professionals, even doctors, if we could avoid it.

OH, i totally forgot. My uncle was the cool uncle who bought the newest games and tech. Then he became a 7 day adventist and forced his family to convert. His kids and wife could no longer watch rated R movies (they would watch Sister Acts one and two over and over), they couldn't eat pork or anything but chicken, and he would give like 30%+ of his income to the church. His wife almost left him because of how strict he was with the rules of the church. Thats pretty dramatic.

My other cousins who suffer from a bunch of untreated mental trauma and anxiety and abandonment issues became extra religious in their adult lives. It's so much easier to say "god will help me if i pray" than to do anything to be different.
Keith, Bucho, shoebootie and 4 others like this.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:18 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post

OH, i totally forgot. My uncle was the cool uncle who bought the newest games and tech. Then he became a 7 day adventist and forced his family to convert. His kids and wife could no longer watch rated R movies (they would watch Sister Acts one and two over and over), they couldn't eat pork or anything but chicken, and he would give like 30%+ of his income to the church. His wife almost left him because of how strict he was with the rules of the church. Thats pretty dramatic.
I forgot again.

This uncle used the last of his cool tech savviness to burn a bunch of DVDs in like 2005-2008 filled with religious propaganda depicting that 9/11 was an inside job AND also the work of Satan. When we visited him he would force us to watch those DVDs of old white men talking about how Satan was in the white house and the United states is one of the 7 heads of the serpent that will end the world. When we, as teens, inevitably fell asleep from the monotonous droning on of these 3-5 hour long "documentaries", he would say "See. The Devil don't want ya'll to learn. He's putting you to sleep." and he meant it in earnest.

Last edited by FingerLakes; 06-15-2019 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:24 PM   #35 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post
When we, as teens, inevitably fell asleep from the monotonous droning on, he would say "See. The Devil don't want ya'll to learn. He's putting you to sleep." and he meant it in earnest.
Naturally. That’s why they call it boring as HELL, not boring as Heaven.

Also, I want people to use this kind of mental gymnastics to explain anytime their set bombs or their performance is shitty or boring. “See? Beelzebub doesn’t want you to enjoy this! The Unholy One is making you get up and leave the show!”
Bucho, Sparrow, Apia and 1 others like this.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:26 PM   #36 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Like most of the posters on here apparently, I was raised Catholic but told my parents I was done with the church some time ago. My brother trumped my leaving the church when he came out as gay. Parents didn’t have much to say after that and we fell into a mutually acceptable don’t ask don’t tell policy on religion. (See what I did there).

More recently, my parent’s church got a new priest. Young guy just out of seminary who wants to turn back time to somewhere south of the dark ages. My mother can not stand this douche. It has been difficult watching them deal with their home church being torn apart while trying very hard to not say “I told you so.)
Old 06-15-2019, 10:11 PM   #37 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I feel compelled to remind everyone of the level of inappropriate and creepiness Keith’s father exhibited with the number in fake Cat’s email-what he was think of was the 68 position. There is no 86. He flipped it around. I could be remembering wrong. He’s still so creepy as hell, for someone who professes to be a man of god, he is so sex obsessed it is disgusting.

Also-gotta love that he isn’t proud of being a father...typical narcissist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2019, 10:02 AM   #38 (permalink)

it's father's day

are we going to live stream Keith calling his dad as Not!Cat??

Last edited by FingerLakes; 06-16-2019 at 10:18 AM.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:56 AM   #39 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

my family's religious drama

I was raised as nothing, along with my brother, even though my dad was Catholic and my mom thought of herself as some kind of witch, being into voodoo, wicca and other bullshit that is just as goofy as a guy rising from the dead after 3 days "for our sins." I remember less than a handful of times my dad tried bringing my brother and I to church and it was long, boring and creepy.

Fast forward to adult times, my mom and I had many falling outs, one of them had to do with me calling her out on her mocking christianity ... she didn't appreciate being told her made-up bullshit is just as ridiculous as whatever the organized religion folks are believing in... since it's all fake.

my brother "who knows a guy" for everything, had gotten express-service baptized, communion, confirmation the whole shebang from our hometown roman catholic church. He got all his sacraments within like a month. Everyone else who grew up having to do CCD (catholic school) and stuff over several years were pretty bitter about that. I mean, at least now he has an excuse for the giant prayer-hands jesus tattoo he's had all this time. He uses all his catholic bullshit now to scold me for being a piece of shit. We're not really close since his major fuckface religious tirade against me in 2015. I'll never forget that and I DON'T have to forgive, either, because I don't have some holy zombie telling me to.
FingerLakes likes this.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:38 PM   #40 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The whole religion thing is interesting because Justin and I are foster parents. Justin is atheist and I’m Unitarian. We get told all the time that we are doing Gods work. And when they find out
we aren’t religious they are floored. It is hard for them to understand why we are doing this if we aren’t compelled by God. We basically say, for us, it is the right thing to do. We wanted to be parents, we both aren’t the epitome of
wellness, pretty sure I have fertility issues and it would be a high risk pregnancy. We wanted to be able to help children who already exist with a stable home until their parents hopefully get it together or a responsible family member comes forward. We hope to adopt from foster care some day. To use, it is more about being good stewards in the community versus trying to please an imaginary being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk