Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Your high school teachers
Yay 14 37.84%
Nay 23 62.16%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree57Likes

Old 06-24-2019, 10:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

high school was pretty much 50/50 with whether they were shit or great:

Ms. Chavez tried to teach history but was horrible
Ms. Fischer literally couldn't teach math. Only the already smart kids who knew math passed her class. I had to learn standard deviation and geometry from a PBS kids show.

But I loved my English teachers. Mr. Berne taught me about good music when. Mr. Miller taught me about drugs and dirty jokes and encouraged me to skip class (i was too scared to skip for a concert but he tried to get me to do it). Ms. Samuels and Ms. Tate taught me how to be a smart bitch who know how to read.

Ms. Coleman taught me about corrupt government officials and lies being told to get poor kids to join the army.

My guidance counselors were also fucking trash. One guy was just telling everyone to apply to morehouse and Florida A&M because, we learned, they were paying him to send people there. The other was so fucking incompetent she was sued in a class action lawsuit by the parents a year or two after i got out.

So i guess a net-positive?
Old 06-24-2019, 01:43 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw View Post
Pretty much all of them on that network are damn attractive.
Agree. Long running crush on Ana Kasparian here.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 04:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

High school in rural CO was every bit the shit show you'd expect. My graduating class was 53 people. I met with my counselor once.

The business teacher married one of her students a month or so after he graduated. I'm sure there was nothing going on prior to his graduating because that would be unethical.

The science teacher who was arrested for indecent exposure in a health club the next town over.

A fantastic chemistry/biology teacher who was forced to teach English because they hired a yo-yo who could only teach biology and she had to give up her spot for him.

The social studies teacher who regularly threw his metal trash can across the room at people who weren't paying attention.

And my favorite, the shop teacher who was sweeping up cow shit in the auditorium and shoved the broom in my face as his way of telling me I should go around the auditorium instead of through it. I side stepped it, because why wouldn't I? So he punched me in the side of the head so hard I blacked out.

Yeah, good times!
Old 06-25-2019, 02:31 AM   #14 (permalink)

High school in a metro in India. 5000 people in the school. About 60-70 kids per class. 9-10 classes per grade. Don't remember a day in school where i would not be hit by a teacher. Did not seem a big deal then as everyone would be hit. Had some particularly twisted teachers. One of his punishments were you would need to go out to the field and pick 2 small stones. Then come back to class and kneel on them for the remainder of the class (normally around 45 mins).

Did have a few really good teachers or at least seemed like it comparatively. Mainly because they actually liked the subjects they were teaching. Had an English teacher who was an old grumpy alcoholic bachelor that had a different set of wooden canes to beat you with, but his love for English literature was infectious. So more positive than negative memories there.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Staff Review

Something to consider at my next staff review/redundancy meeting, whichever comes first.
Old 06-25-2019, 12:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post
Yes. I would bone the dude from the Young Turks
Chemda: Persian men are gross
Chemda's brothers: HEY!
The Girl likes this.
Old 06-25-2019, 02:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Chemda: Persian men are gross

Chemda's brothers: HEY!

I don’t think I said that. Iranian/mid eastern men are not conventionally pretty. That’s not how I judge beauty but it is how it’s judged generally.
I think it’s hard to say who’s “hot”. So look at Cenk from TYT and decide if it gets you hard or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bucho and Archimedes_Screw like this.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
I don’t think I said that. Iranian/mid eastern men are not conventionally pretty. That’s not how I judge beauty but it is how it’s judged generally.
I think it’s hard to say who’s “hot”. So look at Cenk from TYT and decide if it gets you hard or not.
Are you trying to bait me into mansplaining that Cenk is ACTUALLY Turkish Chemda? Because it won't work.

Instead I'll just say that my reference for Persian men is megastar dreamboat Jake Gyllenhaal, aka The Prince of Persia himself. Because Hollywood would never lie to me.
The Girl likes this.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Are you trying to bait me into mansplaining that Cenk is ACTUALLY Turkish Chemda? Because it won't work.

Instead I'll just say that my reference for Persian men is megastar dreamboat Jake Gyllenhaal, aka The Prince of Persia himself. Because Hollywood would never lie to me.

Maybe my dad is Turkish. He’s lied to me about more ridiculous things.
All I know is they look alike to me

Bucho and FingerLakes like this.
Old 06-25-2019, 10:59 PM   #20 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I had some good teachers. I believe the only reason my guidance counselor actually did work for me was because of my orchestra teacher who would regularly talk to him about students.

Some of my memories
-the weird English teacher who once dressed up as a book character from Lord of the Flies and would only respond as that character
-the decrepit “math” teacher who only read from the book. Every single morning everyone but my goody two shoes butt would be fast asleep.
- the asshole science teacher-two of them actually, who clearly hated their jobs. One wanted to talk about Star Trek all the time and gave us coloring homework, in high school. The other mad a girl cry and told her to fucking stop it.
-there were several rumors about certain teachers fucking students.
- the one time the lady at the front of the building was actually there to do her job and stopped a student from bringing a gun in and then we all had to be sequestered in the gyms and auditorium.
- the bomb threats
- the fights that broke out regularly. I once had to leave the clinic where I was TAing because these guys wanted to go back to beat this guy up even more that they had already knocked out.
-all of the pregnant chicks, including my former best friend.

I went to a public school in Indianapolis. My younger siblings all went to a private school after that lol.