Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Father Malley Trauma: Who did you agree with more?
Keith 62 68.89%
Chemda and Andrea 28 31.11%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree200Likes

Old 07-05-2019, 07:29 PM   #21 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I wanna talk about the weed.

Keith’s feelings....he’s got them under control. I want to talk about the weed. Lol

Andrea, if you read the forums I want you to know this. The sativa & indica can get lost when the weed is being made into an edible. Some people say it makes a difference most say it doesn’t. Here is an article explaining it further. http://https://www.leafly.com/news/c...you-differentl

Smoking or vaping it is one of the most sure ways to get the sativa or indica effects. If you aren’t opposed to smoking I’d say find a strain in the purple family and take 1 small hit before bed. That would be equivalent to about 5-10mgs of edible if it’s average weed. I don’t know how easy you can get weed in NYC or how the medical marijuana laws are there but if you can pick strains get purples.

Just to share a little extra about me and why I’m all into the weed knowledge recently. It’s been legalized for medical in Oklahoma. Which means it’s pay to play all you have to do is say I have this issue and a doctor signs a form for you and you give the doc $75-125 and pay the state $105 for a 2 year card. It’s the only decent thing Oklahoma has at this point.

We have a 12 year old son that is severely autistic and non verbal. We’ve been through 3 different docs and at least 15 heavy duty meds. The side effects were terrible. He gained 70lbs in one year, beat me up several times, was a drooling zombie etc etc. When the aggression happened the docs told me to double the dose. Why so I can get my ass kicked again? No, thanks. We’ve been doing a combo of CBD/THC drops and it’s been life changing. He’s happy, he is able to focus better and follow simple instructions and is trying new foods.

Anyway, I had to laugh at Andrea’s dose because my 12 year old take about 10mg twice a day.

Ok well I’ve over shared but I’m home alone and high. Thanks if you read this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 04:44 AM   #22 (permalink)

I'm with Keith on this. C&A, would you be ok with Keith's responses if he had gone thru 10 years of therapy? How are Keith's responses different from someone who HAS gone thru therapy. To me, the way Keith has/is dealing with his father seem pretty consistent to a person who HAS figured out how to deal with those emotions. I don't recall anywhere where Keith said he hasnt had those emotions. Only that his father doesn't hold any power over those emotions NOW. I get the feeling from C&A that they are viewing Keith's reactions thru glasses tinted by their own experiences.
Just my $.02.
Love the show!
Keith and Bucho like this.
Old 07-06-2019, 08:52 AM   #23 (permalink)

you guys are right. he’s tooootally ok. handling this “annoyance” with several months of public catfishing is an appropriate and proportional response to what you’re saying is nothing. cool cool.

bullshit. Keith is so invested in the gotcha moment. his dad gives so few fucks to know Keith he can’t even recognize Keith’s voice. this is a cry for Daddy’s attention or he would have left it alone. LOOK AT ME DADDY! CAN YOU SEE ME NOW?!?!

no, Keith’s totally fine.
craigish likes this.
Old 07-06-2019, 01:03 PM   #24 (permalink)

This was a good ep and a good poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdelfin View Post

I don't know... was I perceiving a little bit of downplaying from K. when both A. & C. were earnestly trying to provide a safe space for him to at least acknowledge how much "I'm not sad / angry" he is not?
Partially. But a lot of it was also codepents telling another person to feel the emotion they thought he should be feeling versus whatever he thinks he's feeling - I'm saying that as a codependent.

"Isn't that sad? THAT'S sad! That's the most sad!" Keith has been pretty clear on what he hasn't felt through this. His Dad wasn't Andrea's dad or Hennesey or Chemda's dad. He was never a person Keith could rely on so his trust wasn't betrayed cuz he never trusted him to take care of him. Father Malley can just continue become a worse human by lying and hurting Keith but he was always some fucking jag off that grew up in the same house as Keith and happened to control the money and rules. He's not a parent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
Hey Keith, I think you need to look at a feelings wheel. It shows all the emotions and where they land on Angry/Sad/Happy
Let's take a look at that, why don't we:

Annoyed lives with Angry, and detestable (a synonym for contempt) lives with Disgust. No sad overlap here.

He sure as fuck isn't the perfect, he still thinks everyone's tricking him and the world is black and white but i think he's felt all he's gonna feel on his dad at this point. Maybe after the dick pick things will change
Bucho, Lanfear, panicBoy and 4 others like this.

Last edited by FingerLakes; 07-06-2019 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-07-2019, 10:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

the word is apathy Keith is apathetic towards his dad

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/apathy

Definition of apathy
lack of feeling or emotion
Old 07-07-2019, 10:48 PM   #26 (permalink)
They call me B. Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_ticklah View Post
the word is apathy Keith is apathetic towards his dad

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/apathy

Definition of apathy
lack of feeling or emotion
It’s more than apathy. There is effort being made. Emails are being crafted. That’s not apathetic. He definitely feels SOMETHING.
bag of lazers and craigish like this.
Old 07-08-2019, 01:30 PM   #27 (permalink)

He's feeling "what a shame," which translates to schadenfreude for his future self.
Old 07-08-2019, 01:35 PM   #28 (permalink)

I think you are all missing the point. I can smell your pussy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bucho, panicBoy, Sparrow and 1 others like this.
Old 07-08-2019, 02:09 PM   #29 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panicBoy View Post
It’s more than apathy. There is effort being made. Emails are being crafted. That’s not apathetic. He definitely feels SOMETHING.
Keith wanted to quit the emails. Other people encouraged this to continue... otherwise he would have given up by now.
Keith, Bucho, panicBoy and 1 others like this.
Old 07-08-2019, 02:23 PM   #30 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Hoooooo boy there is a lot to unpack here. I HAVE A LOT TO SAY. Let's review, item by item.

1. "you know when you go to another dimension?" YES. Jesus christ, I literally traveled out of my body, above the ceiling, through a celestial terrace and was in outerspace, solving so many world problems. Everything was so clear to me. Until I came back to my body and couldn't remember the solution to world peace. Shit.

2. I need a good edibles hookup or to get it legalized in this shit state already. When you guys know exactly how much to dose yourself with, that would be so much better than the mystery vegan edibles that are sending me into the solar system.

3. Sleeping - My sleeping was all jacked up from pills, anxiety and bullshit, and then I had to get on more pills to go to sleep. I finally said enough is enough... stopped the pills that were giving me too much energy/anxiety, compensated with a heavy workout later in the day. And now I am sleeping normally again - working out hard to tire me out. Days I work out = good sleep. Lazy Days = poor sleep.

4. Keith is Fine - I think Keith addressed his feelings as they happened, he's processed the sadness, anger, denial and bargaining over his relationship with his dad long ago. This new email shit with him was fun/funny at first, and is being prolonged for ratings. I'm not gonna lie, I'm intrigued, but Keith stated weeks ago he was done.

5. Compartmentalization - Keith does that. I do that so often and well it is easy to spot one like myself. When it comes to fucked up family shit, you just gotta put that in a lil box and go "well that ain't right" and move on. You can process that feeling and then be done with it. Keith clearly processes his emotions differently than Andrea or Chemda expects, I don't think it makes him a sociopath. For someone with a podcast and a public voice, he's obviously more guarded and calculating about what he shares of himself. We got The Studio out of him from his divorce, but that he wasn't crying on mic doesn't make him less affected by the end of his marriage. And that's ok. I don't want people seeing all my emotions all the time, and if I had a podcast I'd have to be judicious on what and how I share about topics as well.

Basically, Keith, please just cry on mic for us all to know you're not a serial killer and that you have Real Human Emotions.
Keith, Bucho, Lanfear and 3 others like this.