Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Father Malley Trauma: Who did you agree with more?
Keith 62 68.89%
Chemda and Andrea 28 31.11%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree200Likes

Old 07-08-2019, 05:20 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstoriaGirl View Post
Before my dad died I had basically done 5 years of prep work of "my father is going to die early from his alcoholism" and so when he did die I was like "yeah I basically already grieved all of this, I'm not surprised and I was sad for 5 years so there's not much left to feel now". But man some of my coworkers were assholes about my lack of feeling and it's partially why I left.
This rings very true to me. My dad was sick for a few months before he died, wasting away in front of our eyes, and I felt constant worry and sadness. For two to three months, deep down, I knew he would die (he was a heavy smoker, had been losing weight over the years, looked like shit and his latest bloodwork was concerning), and the night my mom rang my doorbell and said "I think your father is dead" I replied "Of course he is".

We had to sit, a couple of weeks afterwards, and talk about why we weren't as sad as we were "supposed" to be. Your experience mirrors mine very well, since I feel I grieved his upcoming death during those last few months.

Five years later, all I feel is meh, life went on, and I'd be seriously pissed if someone was forcing me to find feelings where I have only meh.

(I still love all of you, please podcast mom and podcast stepmom don't hate me because podcast dad is right this time!)
Keith, Bucho, panicBoy and 3 others like this.

Last edited by ThumbnailTwo; 07-08-2019 at 05:23 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:37 PM   #32 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
you guys are right. he’s tooootally ok. handling this “annoyance” with several months of public catfishing is an appropriate and proportional response to what you’re saying is nothing. cool cool.

bullshit. Keith is so invested in the gotcha moment. his dad gives so few fucks to know Keith he can’t even recognize Keith’s voice. this is a cry for Daddy’s attention or he would have left it alone. LOOK AT ME DADDY! CAN YOU SEE ME NOW?!?!

no, Keith’s totally fine.
You sure about that Sparez? What about how he's tried to ditch it several times over the last several weeks out of boredom only to be talked back into it by everyone else?
Old 07-09-2019, 01:31 PM   #33 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebootie View Post
Keith wanted to quit the emails. Other people encouraged this to continue... otherwise he would have given up by now.
I just realized I stole your point without crediting you. I don't know how I missed it yesterday, but I am sorry for what I am to be sorry for.
Keith and panicBoy like this.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:16 PM   #34 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Chemda has gone to Al Anon.

Andrea sounds like she goes to AA. Maybe NA too?

Were they mad at Keith because he won’t do a group or because they think he thinks he’s better than them?

I love it when Chemda and Andrea gang up on Keith but it seemed like they were doing so with no real talking points except for, “This is how I, (and or others) would respond. You are wrong for not responding - as such.
da_ticklah likes this.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:06 PM   #35 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I am a little surprised by Chemda in this episode...she's hard on our Keith. Luckily he has a thick skin and can deflect well.

The "feeling" I got from Keith was that to assign a word and a feeling to his father is to give his father too much credit. Keith's dad doesn't deserve Keith's feeling...end of.
Keith deserves whatever feelings he wants, if that is to feel nothing then that's what it is. Frankly, I wish more humans were capable of shutting it off and shutting it down. Why waste any time assigning "feelings" for a man who's only feelings he had for his children was to revel in their misery and torment.
LoopyLou79 likes this.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:12 PM   #36 (permalink)

I imagine this has been covered before at some point, but could anyone tell me which episodes properly cover the emails? I have a road trip with a buddy coming up next week and I think the best way to introduce him to KATG is through this bizarre freak show.

So far for sure, there's:
3071: Not Your Father's Sexual Position
3092: Papa, Can You Hear Me
3097: Superstar Of David
3101: Jingle Hell

Is there one I'm missing?
Old 02-11-2020, 12:54 AM   #37 (permalink)

fuuuuuck. this show was so hard to listen to

at some point this show stopped being about keith's feelings about his father and started being about andrea being upset about keith's feelings (or lack there of) about his father.

let's pretend that chemda and andrea are right and keith is very upset/sad/suffering from PTSD. is that how you talk to someone that is feeling like that?
Old 02-13-2020, 08:58 PM   #38 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I love this episode!

Andrea and Chemda were playing the role Keith normally plays: telling people that their feelings (or lack thereof) are wrong. I really relate to Keith in this episode; just cause he experienced a traumatic childhood doesn't mean he has to be traumatized.

Normally it's Keith telling people that the way they feel is wrong. For example, Tracy Carnazzo said many times that she wanted to go to the burger place with her boyfriend. She liked hanging with him and she liked getting the burger and eating it later at home. Keith thinks that it's rude to eat a burger in front of Tracy when she can't but Tracy doesn't think it's rude.

I think it is rude not to take people at face value when they say their feelings.
Old 02-13-2020, 09:00 PM   #39 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Ryan View Post
I imagine this has been covered before at some point, but could anyone tell me which episodes properly cover the emails? I have a road trip with a buddy coming up next week and I think the best way to introduce him to KATG is through this bizarre freak show.

So far for sure, there's:
3071: Not Your Father's Sexual Position
3092: Papa, Can You Hear Me
3097: Superstar Of David
3101: Jingle Hell

Is there one I'm missing?
Try Keithandthegirl.com/dad

Most of the emails are collected there...I intro'd my brother to the show using these shows over a long road trip and it was awesome.
Keith and The Girl like this.