Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3110: Child’s Play w/ Richie Tolway (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3110-child-s-play-w-richie-tolway-21496/)

Enunciated Piffle 07-14-2019 08:34 PM

Agreed. Tired kid = happy moms.

This might sound ridiculous but does Keith throw frisbee? It’s great fun. It’s free It gets you outside. You get to a park. Plus you move around more than ya think.

My daughter and I like to throw one back and forth. Then try moving from one end of park to another - throwing disc as we go.

Piscean 07-14-2019 08:53 PM

Favorite quote this episode from Chemda: "Also, someone getting genuinely mad that they're losing, I don't know."

The same Chemda with a well documented history of obliterating games when she's losing. :)

Lanfear 07-15-2019 06:55 AM

Every time time I hear the discussions on cursing on the show I instinctually try to compare that to cursing here.
For being the land of the free you have a lot of rules about certain specific words not being used on TV and OMFG LETS NOT EVEN TALK ABOUT FEMALE PRESENTING NIPPLES.

I'm sure my grandparents were not super excited about the first time I said 'Scheiße' in front of them but it's nowhere near the taboo in the US. Also remember this next time you make fun of Germany banning hate symbols. I'd rather live in a country that bans Swastikas and holocaust denial vs bleeping word's on broadcasts.

As I don't have kids myself: Apia what's your take on kids cursing?

bag of lazers 07-15-2019 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanfear (Post 876665)
I'd rather live in a country that bans Swastikas and holocaust denial vs bleeping word's on broadcasts.

So much this. Hate is a problem, words that don't target a marginalized group are not.

FingerLakes 07-15-2019 09:47 AM

I luckily kept myself away from the worst parts of the internet. The deepest I got were the intros to some gross out stuff that someone tried to get me to watch but mostly I stuck to childish games about barf or cartoony unseltting on newgrounds.com like Salad Fingers and Magical Trevor.

Anyone else suddenly get really hot when Richie was describing wanting to get into a fight with the asshole roofing guys? Like....in the groinal area?

Keith 07-15-2019 10:31 AM

Just to be clear, you’re saying you prefer non-hateful curse words over the holocaust?

Sparrow 07-15-2019 10:54 AM

i looooved the worst parts of the internet growing up. i’ve been online before the internet was the internet. my dad was super into computers and network hobby forums as soon as they existed. my curiosities went berserk. you could watch people die! seeing lifeless human bodies was fascinating. when puberty hit, there was an endless pool of sexual everything available. 14/f/GA? yep. cybersexing in AOL chatrooms was a revelation.

FingerLakes 07-15-2019 11:23 AM

well DUH I had cybersex with older dudes in aol chat rooms.
I just meant snuff films and actual rape vids. Those never piqued my interest. Inappropriate (illegal) sexy stuff? Sign me up

Sparrow 07-15-2019 11:27 AM

remember Homestar Runner? Strongbad still cracks me up.

FingerLakes 07-15-2019 11:55 AM

I had the Teen Girl Squad vids saved on my external harddrive until like 3 years ago