Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you like movies and TV shows that are especially violent?
Yes 23 54.76%
No 19 45.24%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree22Likes
  • 1 Post By Keith
  • 5 Post By Bucho
  • 3 Post By DeathInGrasp
  • 1 Post By Blitzgal
  • 3 Post By Archimedes_Screw
  • 2 Post By Keith
  • 6 Post By punk'n

Old 08-04-2019, 03:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3126: Shooter McGavin w/ Lucas Connolly

Crawl; David Kimowitz, owner of NYC comedy club The Stand, and his nanny murdered by nanny’s boyfriend; mass shootings: Gilroy, CA, El Paso, TX, Dayton, OH; The Boys; Soul Asylum’s found missing kids

Guest:
Lucas Connolly

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
Archimedes_Screw likes this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 06:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

As filthy foreign scum I can't quote the second amendment off the top of my head, but I could swear the first three words include "WELL REGULATED".

Edit: G-d dammit, I should've known Keith would circle back to it and pick out the same thing ... great minds etc.
Keith, The Girl, Blitzgal and 2 others like this.

Last edited by Bucho; 08-04-2019 at 07:03 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 10:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

One of my favorite movies is “The Raid: Redemption”, and it’s just a massive slaughterfest. That movie just struck a chord with me and the soundtrack really makes the movie for me. I don’t necessarily seek out especially violent movies, but it doesn’t turn me off from films either.
Keith, FingerLakes and craigish like this.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

I watch seriously violent stuff. We already binge watched The Boys and I loved it. I'm obsessed with zombie movies and shows.

That said, real life violence makes me ill. If I know it's real or if it really happened to a real person, it's upsetting to me. I think normal people are able to separate fiction from reality in their brains, even if they watch constant violence.
Keith likes this.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:20 AM   #5 (permalink)

Private gun sales

Here’s how easy it is to get a gun in Oklahoma and Texas. There is a website that is like a Craigslist for gun. In fact it’s a play on the website’s name. Texas and Oklahoma don’t require background checks on private gun sales. In Texas specifically the law states that you don’t knowingly sell to a fellon. If you don’t ask then you won’t know. So go to the website and pick out your weapon then meet the seller in a parking lot. Usually if you pay more they’ll throw in some ammo. You could literally order a mass shooting to go complete with everything you need and it’s all legal.

It’s legal to carry long guns (rifles) in Texas. There was an active duty soldier on leave with a conceal carry license at the El Paso shooting. Instead of going full wild west he gathered up children who were separated from their parents.

I feel so goddamned helpless. I think that’s why I’m obsessed with first aid kits. At least I have some control over how I react to a shooting. I keep it stocked with gunshot wound and trauma products.

Fuck this country. Fuck the spineless politicians.
Keith, Blitzgal and bag of lazers like this.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I'm very interested in seeing CRAWWWL but i have so many movies on my list. I gotta invest i the Regal unlimited movies thingy. Keith did you jump onto any one of the moviepass replacements?
Old 08-05-2019, 09:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I just got Regal's.
The Girl and FingerLakes like this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 11:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

In my town, there's something called "First Fridays". Every first Friday of every month, a few blocks are shut down and food trucks gather, art galleries show new art, and people come to walk around and congregate outdoors.

Three days ago, during this event, a gunman opened fire into a crowd less than 1/2 a block from where I was working. We found out about the commotion because people were running into my restaurant off the street, seeking cover.

Only one lady died, so it didn't make the national news. But it shook the shit outta me.
Keith, The Girl, Blitzgal and 3 others like this.
Old 08-05-2019, 02:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Fox News contradicting the view that violence in entertainment is a factor in mass shootings (on one show at least).
Old 08-07-2019, 08:46 AM   #10 (permalink)

Chemda's wish is the FBI's command - domestic terrorism investigation begins in association with Garlic Festival shooter.

But regarding "they have their reasoning and it's always racism"...

Dayton shooter was anti-fascist who has expressed support for Elizabeth Warren.