Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever sent anyone an online death threat?
Yes 1 2.22%
No 44 97.78%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree102Likes

Old 07-22-2019, 06:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

3117: How Keith Got His Feelings w/ Myq Kaplan

Myq’s feelings emails; Dina Hashem, XXXTentation, comedy, and death threats; Chemda’s movie passion; Avengers: Endgame outsells Avatar; The Fast and the Furious and feelings; Terminator Salvation and Christian Bale’s meltdown revisited

Guest:
Myq Kaplan

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 05:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

Myq Kaplan is a kindness robot. He’s a skinny Big Hero 6. Check out his Facebook page for proof.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

I can't imagine sending a death threat. If I really wanted to kill somebody why would I leave an evidence trail?

I've been sent veiled death threats on FB. My wife's a social worker, so she sometimes has to deal with the shittiest people at their shittiest moments. This one lady who was such a fuckup they had to take her kids away started taking every post I had about my location (where I was working, eating, etc) and posting it to her psycho BF's wall. Apparently they had a history of attacking people this way, so I had to tell my boss what was up and not come in for a few days. They wanted to get rid of me to get rid of her. Not wanting a shooting in his establishments he gave me the time off. Nothing came of it, but it still fucked with my head quite a bit.

It must be horrible to be sent threats all the time. The shit women put up with makes me ashamed to be a straight dude.
Keith, The Girl, Blitzgal and 3 others like this.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

calling this lion king movie live action makes me wanna barf.
Keith did you see the new Aladdin too? How was that?
Scorpion and NotARegularMom like this.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Christian Bale assaulted his mom and sister, IIRC. He was probably proud he only screamed at the poor lighting guy. The fact that people are just ok with him treating people that way because he’s good at pretending in movies has always disturbed me.

I do love Myq. He’s great.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

"He verbally attacked us."

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARegularMom View Post
Christian Bale assaulted his mom and sister, IIRC. He was probably proud he only screamed at the poor lighting guy. The fact that people are just ok with him treating people that way because he’s good at pretending in movies has always disturbed me.

I do love Myq. He’s great.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

1) love Xerxes just for forcing Chemda to watch movies
2) I love these movie reviews, I need Chemda and Keith to independently review the same movie
3) has Keith ever sprayed Myq or Xerxes with Windex as a test?
Old 07-23-2019, 12:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I just felt that Chemda had a LOT of strong feelings about why method acting is so wrong and terrible that I'm still not sure where that would come from if not from personal experience with somebody who acted as a fake persona 24/7.
Could have been he who should not be named or other actors she ran across in her life.

But happy to learn that you are just passionate about acting methods in general :-)
Old 07-23-2019, 01:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Method acting killed Heath Ledger. Anthony Hopkins doesnt need to do method acting to get his full potential, and he's one of the best actors of all times.

Its like saying artists need to drink/use drugs to get their full potential. Stephen King is proof that, no you do not and that this idea is a crutch or excuse.
Old 07-23-2019, 01:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

Another Bale song - from when I listened to Carolla (before he decided to split his daily show into two segments to increase ad revenue).