Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you had to put a parent in the home?
Yes 3 6.12%
No 46 93.88%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree75Likes

Old 07-31-2019, 09:32 PM   #21 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

An example of what you're missing if you're the sort of sillygoose who's not following Carmen and Kyle on Twitter

https://twitter.com/CarmenComedian/s...99390598279168
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 08:17 AM   #22 (permalink)

I too hope this is the first in a series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
An example of what you're missing if you're the sort of
sillygoose who's not following Carmen and Kyle on Twitter

https://twitter.com/CarmenComedian/s...99390598279168
Bucho and NotARegularMom like this.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:06 AM   #23 (permalink)

Shocked that Keith just walked away from someone who was high on a date.

In other news, I recently learned of the connection between growing up with emotionally neglectful parents and a lack of empathy in adulthood.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:22 AM   #24 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpareBen View Post
Shocked that Keith just walked away from someone who was high on a date.

In other news, I recently learned of the connection between growing up with emotionally neglectful parents and a lack of empathy in adulthood.
That's not lack of empathy - that's self care.

There are few things more annoying than having to deal with somebody who is super drunk or crazy high when you are sober yourself. That's not what he signed up for when they planned a date I would assume.
And it's not like he left her vulnerable out in public, she was in her hotel.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:40 PM   #25 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I voted yes on the poll, but it was my grandmother. She had been declining and my shitbird father stopped checking on her without telling anyone. I was called when she ended up in the ER, picked up by police, unaware of where she was.

My shitbird father said it wasn't his problem when I called him. The hospital she was in was connected to a nursing home. I had to get legal guardianship of her so I could put her in there. She still had rare moments of lucidity at this point and, of course, was having one when it was time to leave. I told her we were leaving the hospital and turned left instead of right into the nursing home wing. When the doors locked behind us she knew what the fuck, and looked at me and said please, no.

My grandmother's mother had been in a nursing home for the last 20 years of her life without knowing anyone. She spent many weekends of my childhood dragging me to the nursing home with her to visit her mother, so she knew what to expect.

I told her I didn't have a choice. Walked her to her room, got her settled, and left with her following me to the doors that locked her in. I had to literally close the door on her. I went back to visit her the next day and she refused to eat. She didn't last very long after that.
Keith, Bucho and FingerLakes like this.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:45 PM   #26 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Shit, I didn’t think I needed to say parental parents.

Ok. We’re getting better at our polls. One day we’ll get it.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 12:32 PM   #27 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryLavender View Post
I voted yes on the poll, but it was my grandmother. She had been declining and my shitbird father stopped checking on her without telling anyone. I was called when she ended up in the ER, picked up by police, unaware of where she was.

My shitbird father said it wasn't his problem when I called him. The hospital she was in was connected to a nursing home. I had to get legal guardianship of her so I could put her in there. She still had rare moments of lucidity at this point and, of course, was having one when it was time to leave. I told her we were leaving the hospital and turned left instead of right into the nursing home wing. When the doors locked behind us she knew what the fuck, and looked at me and said please, no.

My grandmother's mother had been in a nursing home for the last 20 years of her life without knowing anyone. She spent many weekends of my childhood dragging me to the nursing home with her to visit her mother, so she knew what to expect.

I told her I didn't have a choice. Walked her to her room, got her settled, and left with her following me to the doors that locked her in. I had to literally close the door on her. I went back to visit her the next day and she refused to eat. She didn't last very long after that.
oooh
fuck
sorry you had to go through all that
NotARegularMom likes this.