Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you nervous about an asteroid killing you?
Yes 8 14.81%
No 46 85.19%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree73Likes

Old 07-30-2019, 03:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
OMG Myka! My fave guest
Word bro!

I probably have about 17 guests in my Top 5, but only Myka and Mike Lawrence are in my Top 2.
Keith, Lanfear and thirteen like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 05:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Word bro!

I probably have about 17 guests in my Top 5, but only Myka and Mike Lawrence are in my Top 2.
Id throw Jesse Joyce in there too to round out my top 3 KATG guests
Keith, Scorpion, Lanfear and 1 others like this.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

In my drug addict experience, ya usually collect residue bags aka rez bags,and scrape ‘em. It’s a nice/ pathetic party/ you have inbetween payday/ government assistance/ when powder - is less than flush.

But when Myka brings up, “yeah a res bag fell out..’ who the fuck knows what that means. I say this with zero judgment/ possibly a bit of awe.

She’s Myka Fox. Not sure if the usual labels- apply.

I will say this.

Myka.

Myka in a talk therapy- situation

Lol Myka Fox

Super happy to hear a KATG OG Comedian back on.

A++
NotARegularMom likes this.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
They call me B. Jason

As I understand, a “mix tape” is typically an independent, unofficial, largely collaborative effort featuring a lot of unclearable samples and beats, local artists, cross-label cyphers and freestyles and skits, that was released historically thru tape trading, bedroom manufacturing and under-the-counter bootleg sales. A huge, fertile mixtape culture has been the foundation of hip-hop from its earliest days.

Now though, mixtapes are mostly streamed and downloaded (ie, SoundCloud), eliminating the need for physical copies to achieve wide notoriety. A few have been so successful that they’ve been cleared and reissued by larger labels.

So yes, they are often laid out just like “albums,” but the difference is that “album” infers all the anticipation of an official release, and “mixtape” portrays a loose, homemade collage of recent collaborations that helps them skirt copyright issues and big label bottlenecks. However in recent decades, advances in home studio production quality and digital distribution has blurred the line quite a bit. This is how Chance can be so big already, and just now getting around to dropping his first “album.” The mixtape has become just a natural part of the hiphop come-up.

"Despair's an octopus with its head in New Hampshire, and tentacles everywhere." - Mishka Shubaly
Old 07-31-2019, 11:00 AM   #15 (permalink)

Engagement ring

I knew that if I got my then GF a diamond ring, she'd kill me for buying a blood diamond. She'd be right, as they're a stupid scam, I didn't have the money anyway, and fuck De Beers.

So what I did was have something made on the cheap that could only be hers. The ring itself was made from golden molds of twigs from her dad and grandparents' houses. Instead of a diamond, I got a sandstone that was found on the beach near where she grew up. That way it's totally custom to her.

The interesting thing is the reaction to it across generational lines. Liberal Gen Xers and younger totally get and love it, but older people are like, "Huh? That counts?" They think it's bullshit! The whole country got brainwashed by De Beers and there's no reason to keep the scam up.
Bucho, littlp, FingerLakes and 1 others like this.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Not a big jewelry guy. I like the idea of getting tattoo on ring finger. Not sure what ya do in the case of divorce.

Maybe the threat of only having 9 fingers - it strengthens a marriage.
dr.chode and NotARegularMom like this.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

An example of what you're missing if you're the sort of sillygoose who's not following Myka's Twitter

https://twitter.com/MykaFox/status/1156705046576488448
NotARegularMom likes this.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:52 AM   #18 (permalink)

Finally got around to Myka's episode with Chip Chipperson - impressed with how she keeps up (with Jim and Anthony Cumia - remember Keith's love for O&A back in the day?!) - the pedo jokes are flying hard and fast.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Welcome back, Myka Foxxx!
Old 08-08-2019, 07:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I LOVE Last Week on KATG. I totally forgot why Myka wasn’t on in awhile.
FingerLakes likes this.