Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3131: Some Intents and Purposes w/ JC Best (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3131-some-intents-purposes-w-jc-best-21528/)

FingerLakes 08-13-2019 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newsy (Post 877476)
Fucking wow.

In terms of coming out, how he feels about "being gay", where he firsts in the gay community - he's where I was when I was 16 and just coming out. He seems to have a similar contrarian personality that I do - not wanting to be what people "expect" you to be, not wanting to fit into someone's idea about you..

I think he has a lot of potential, I think he should be in regular therapy just to continue to have conversations like today...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He totally sounded he like was still dealing with the self-hatred and shame about his sexuality. He might still love White Jesus but between the church, synagogue and his crappy family, he's been raised to think gays are horrible and is def still carrying that. The only way he gets off is by hate-fucking men who remind of the racism and hurt he's experienced in the past? BIG YIKES! Couldn't say for nearly 25 minutes that "this guy he was living with" was his significant other for nearly a decade. Damn

After getting past the initial annoyance of him holding on so tight to details, this episode feels on par with The Studio for how therapeutic it was for the guest to say so many things for what felt like the first time

Newsy 08-13-2019 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpareBen (Post 877477)
Felt like we were just starting to plumb the depths of this dude - can we get a What's My Name with Newsy as co-host?

I'm in!

Newsy 08-13-2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FingerLakes (Post 877482)
The only way he gets off is by hate-fucking men who look like the men who remind of the racism and hurt he's experienced in the past? BIG YIKES!

After getting past the initial annoyance of him holding on so tight to details, this episode feels on par with The Studio for how therapeutic it was for the guest to say so many things for what felt like the first time

Big yikes indeed! I'd loooove to hear about how his partner feels about knowing that, even if it was to any degree in jest! So many of the things he said I've thought, but my followup thought is "lol that's wiiiiiild!" - but I'm not a comedian so I don't put those thoughts out there!

He's clearly still holding on to a lot of stuff. I wanted to vom every time he mentioned a "fine honey" - it's on par with Keith talking about slamboxes, such Performative masculinity!!! Girl calm down, no one is asking for that in 2019 (except for the people that you keep finding and fucking, I guess! [emoji2369]

I still do hold onto the comfort of my masculine appearance as a sort of shield against the world - I still see how the world treats femme men and I'm not ready to want to fight or run from people on a daily basis, so I get him there...

FingerLakes 08-13-2019 01:49 PM

Yeah yeah. I honestly want him to return to the show. He was funny when he wasn't annoying or evasive. It would be beautifully ironic to find out his current bf has similar racial hang ups and only gets fucked by black men

Imagine how different he might sound a year from now if he keeps talking about things honestly and confronting his notions.

andywebs 08-13-2019 05:07 PM

phew

I can't remember being closer to quitting on an episode before. I was about 18 minutes in and turned it off before checking the forums. I went back and finished thanks to the previous commenters. It got better but that was tough to follow and vague. Add me to the list excited to hear Last Week.

rodimusprime 08-14-2019 07:26 AM

This motherfucker was a roller coaster. Jesus Christ.

He hates white people so much he ONLY dates them. His mother suffering dementia had consensual sex with a janitor at the old folks home? The kind of consensual sex you need a rape kit done after??? He not gay but only fucks dudes.

With his half story non-stories that roll into complete oversharing moments you never see coming... he was an amazing guest that also felt exhausting. I want him to be on the show all the time or never come back again. He was horribly amazing.

SpareBen 08-15-2019 01:05 PM

In case you're wondering whether to delve deeper into JC's psyche by checking out his other work, here's a taste.

FingerLakes 08-15-2019 07:37 PM

I really don't mean to beat a dead horse but I listened to it again and had some more thoughts:

*Within the first 2 minutes of the show Chemda says "I think you're lying"

*He starts out saying "We weren't dating" about the guy he was with for 7 years. I forgot he started out saying that because the title changes so many times

*Calling some guy "the Mayor" is NOT a gay thing, in case anyone believed him.

*When asked if he fucked any women (besides his wife) he mentions a "Brazilian tenderoni" that he could have fucked but didn't because want to cheat on his Landlord. And then later his current boyfriend who calls him nigger is a "Brazilian tenderoni." Did he catch himself in a lie or does he just really have one type?!?

SpareBen 08-20-2019 10:11 AM

Just heard the news that this is happening. I have never felt so powerful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpareBen (Post 877477)
Felt like we were just starting to plumb the depths of this dude - can we get a What's My Name with Newsy as co-host?

SpareBen 08-21-2019 01:00 PM

JC recently lost a job & lamented about his two listeners and zero patrons. Can you help a brother out so he lasts long enough to do What's My Name?

His podcast on itunes.

RSS/Player.fm

Instagram

Patreon