Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What should the Yes/No poll be?
Is the #MeToo movement too sexual? 10 12.66%
Did the Verizon workers deliberately plan on catching Chemda naked when they woke up in the morning? 19 24.05%
Medication? 50 63.29%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree410Likes

Old 08-20-2019, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

3137: Jump the Fence w/ Sue Costello

Chemda’s backyard invasion; engagement likes; Sue vs. The Machine

Guest:
Sue Costello

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl and Archimedes_Screw like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

In Texas, if two grown men hop a fence into the yard of a single woman showering, honestly they should expect to be shot as intruders.
Keith, Bucho, thirteen and 2 others like this.
Old 08-20-2019, 09:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Sue's only been on once? Six years ago?!?

I recognized her name as soon as I saw it in the title, then her voice as soon as she spoke, then her laugh ... and she was in the KATG groove instantly ...

Why did it feel like she'd been on at least a dozen times? Is it simply that she leaves one helluva lasting first impression?
Keith, Blitzgal, Joshua and 3 others like this.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Yeah she did.
Old 08-21-2019, 12:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

Had the same reaction as Bucho, felt like no time had passed and recognised her voice straight away, fantastic nostalgia. Her words per minute though........ easy on the adderal Sue. Great show regardless.
Keith, Bucho, thirteen and 2 others like this.
Old 08-21-2019, 01:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I'm excited to see how many times Apia edits her post trying to figure things out.
Bucho, Piscean, lizsquiz and 6 others like this.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

It wasn't just you Apia, after loving the earlier part of the show it felt like I was mostly in the dark once Sue started talking about what she's been going though. I'm rooting for her so hard I listened to that part of the ep twice and still didn't really get a lot of it. And I was apparently the one listener who was able to follow the twists and turns of the famously elusive JC Best.

I think what Sue was saying was Les and CBS offered her an amazing, unprecedented deal but she worked out later that the only reason it was so amazing was they expected she would respond to that support by supporting Les in return. When she didn't and Les went down anyway the deal went up in a puff of smoke (nobody from CBS was calling her - lead to Keith suggesting CBS suddenly had more on their plate and no time to work on their development deals).

Keith said on the last LWoKATG that one of the things he hates is jargon and once Sue started laying out her story it seemed like at least 40% jargon to me, or at least a whole bunch of insider showbiz TV deal talk that's essentially impenetrable to us non-showbiz types. It was like watching episode 3 of a series when you've missed the first two episodes that explain the set-up ... what the heck a bunch of agents being fired has to do with anything, why it's a huge deal when your character's surname is changed when that's common practice even for massive stars (Tim Allen/Taylor, Bill Cosby/Huxtable, Roseanne Barr/Conner, Ray Romano/Barone, etc.), what was it that made this unprecedented deal unprecedented ... so many half-explained or unexplained things.

I kept thinking Keith was going to do his "Explain this to me Chemda" thing, but he never did, and I couldn't quite tell whether it was because he's also a showbiz dude and he gets all that insider jargon or because he got so lost it seemed hopeless.

AND IT'S SIX WHOLE DAYS BEFORE THE NEXT LAST WEEK ON KATG!!!

I don't know, Sue's super quick-witted and a goddamn delight, but when she said she had to have a couple of people edit her op ed so it would make some kind of sense to regular folks ... that was the bit I got.

Edit: The WTF thing is pretty weird, because the 1,000th episode of that show was just Marc and his producer Brendan and they were very open about the fact Brendan edits every episode of the show, cutting some stuff out, moving some sections around, etc., so Brendan acting like they don't, and then eventually admitting they do, is shitty as hell. Thank the gods he eventually broke and sent her the real deal.
Keith, Blitzgal, Lanfear and 19 others like this.

Last edited by Bucho; 08-21-2019 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

Huh...I haven't listened yet but I'm surprised you guys had her back on. She seems to have a thing about editing.

I guess time heals all wounds.
Bucho and Deehydrated like this.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:08 AM   #9 (permalink)

I’m gonna have to listen to this one again. I had trouble following it. Sue reminds me of my grandma. She was woman who didn’t take shit from anyone.

Loved the episode but can’t really tell you why. Please have her on again.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

This episode was exhausting. I want to be on Sue's side and I do believe being a woman in any business is HARD but her story was hard to follow and I honestly think she was on something? I don't know.

I get that she is trying to say that its bigger than the Me Too movement. She's trying to get the media and everyone else to talk about the real problem of institutional patriarchy and misogyny but unfortunately she isn't a reliable narrator of her own story.