Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What should the Yes/No poll be?
Is the #MeToo movement too sexual? 10 12.66%
Did the Verizon workers deliberately plan on catching Chemda naked when they woke up in the morning? 19 24.05%
Medication? 50 63.29%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree410Likes

Old 08-21-2019, 08:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Can we get an emergency LW show for this one episode.
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 23 others like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm sure she is doing badass stuff but she is not doing a great job communicating it.
That was 45 minutes of really hard to follow twists and turns - I don't know what the next steps are in her press tour but hope she gets her elevator pitch streamlined because I doubt many shows will give her that much time while trying to gently guide her through the story. Can't wait to read the op-ed.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Glad this wasn’t my first episode & that I will learn more on LW. I’ve listened twice and I kinda get her story. Her delivery made it harder for me to want to understand.
Bucho, BlackhatGuy, Apia and 2 others like this.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:23 AM   #14 (permalink)

I came here to say what everyone else said. I'm sure I would be on her side but she's really hard to understand.

And editing aside, Maron was aggressive with everyone. He's obviously softening now, but that's still like, half hus whole thing.
Bucho, BlackhatGuy, Steph and 1 others like this.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:37 AM   #15 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Thought for sure today’s poll would be Who Was Easier To Follow, JC or Sue?

Still unsure of what Sue has been up to. Did she get a show? Do we congratulate her? Is there a lawsuit against CBS because she didn’t get the show???

Feel like a KATG #3137 For Dummies needs to be released - just for me lol
Old 08-21-2019, 11:02 AM   #16 (permalink)

It is cruel and unusual punishment to make us wait through the weekend for a behind-the-scenes about this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslingeneva View Post
Can we get an emergency LW show for this one episode.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:04 AM   #17 (permalink)

For this episode to work, it would have required hours of research and pre-interviewing. I wonder what she told K&C ahead of time - this doesn't feel like the right venue for her crusade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslingeneva View Post
This episode was exhausting. I want to be on Sue's side and I do believe being a woman in any business is HARD but her story was hard to follow and I honestly think she was on something? I don't know.

I get that she is trying to say that its bigger than the Me Too movement. She's trying to get the media and everyone else to talk about the real problem of institutional patriarchy and misogyny but unfortunately she isn't a reliable narrator of her own story.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:21 AM   #18 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I just saw this tweet from Sue. Guess I’m going to listen for a 3rd time because I don’t remember Keith saying this. It’s possible I was tuned out.

“Shout out to @KeithMalley for talking it through with me. WE need men to listen and understand how they project their fear. Keith literally helped me in real time see what happens. He admitted it was his fear that he was projecting onto me which is pretty bad ass.“
Old 08-21-2019, 11:47 AM   #19 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Am I so confused because she's purposely not saying what happened because she has some big story coming out and she doesn't want to ruin it? Or am I looney tunes? I have no ideas what happened with CBS...?

Huh?
Old 08-21-2019, 11:50 AM   #20 (permalink)

CBS were going to do a deal with her - they decided not to. Sue now sees everything through #MeToo-colored glasses and has decided that's the problem even though nothing sexual happened.

But I'm a dude and probably heard everything wrong because of my dude-ness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
Am I so confused because she's purposely not saying what happened because she has some big story coming out and she doesn't want to ruin it? Or am I looney tunes? I have no ideas what happened with CBS...?

Huh?
theguy2009 and Deehydrated like this.