Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What should the Yes/No poll be?
Is the #MeToo movement too sexual? 10 12.66%
Did the Verizon workers deliberately plan on catching Chemda naked when they woke up in the morning? 19 24.05%
Medication? 50 63.29%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree410Likes

Old 08-21-2019, 07:34 PM   #31 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

In my experience whenever someone is telling a story and it seems very complicated and details are kissing and it just doesn't make sense in your head, it's because they're trying to spin a tale. It's complicated because they're complicating it. Most things are rather simple.
The Girl, Pintman, Bucho and 9 others like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 07:38 PM   #32 (permalink)

I feel like Sue too

THIS EPISODE

I get people saying here that she was hard to follow. But let me tell you, this is what happens after a lifetime of gaslighting and dudes fucking with you.

I'm in a situation now where a colleague is pulling all these petty power moves and it's crazy making. It's over such weird minutia that you can't really explain it to anyone. I tried, and I found myself actually out of breath, cuz it was so convoluted and anxiety-making. The person listening did understand, but it literally took like 7 minutes to describe this one dumb thing. If I don't talk about it, he wins, but if I do, I sound crazy and he wins. It's shit.

My heart really goes out to Sue. Some people also pointed out how she was saying "it's very very complicated" but not really explaining why. I could hear her own frustration at trying to get all the words out, while still having to back track to keep you on her side, while also still feeling like she isn't believed.

She's triggered from dudes fucking with her, and everytime she tries to talk about it, she has to risk opening herself up to more fuckery (like with WTF), so she's triggered, and more nervous, and can't explain clearly, and then people don't understand. It's a cycle.
Cortney, marykae and craigish like this.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:24 PM   #33 (permalink)

Huh?

This was a tough listen. Sue seems extremely literal and determined to interpret Keith a certain way, no matter what he said. Despite Keith quite possibly being more of a feminist than Sue.
I sure hope Keith rewarded himself with some of those bloody philli cheese snacks last night for his good work during this interview.

As hard as it was to follow, this is what I may have deduced:
Sue is cashing in on Me Too movement to bring attention to her own business woes. She feels maligned that the focus is on the sexual abuse victims, rather than the focus being on her getting a pat on the back for making a good deal, which she also at times seemed to realise was bogus from the get go anyway?
Let me add that I do understand and empathise with how tough it is to be successful and have success in a male dominated industry/world.

Its a shame Sue needed to be handled with such kid gloves, I would have loved for her to be further pressed on her comments re Louis CK. Tho I understand it being left alone given how trepidatious the whole interview seemed.
It's going to a loooong week waiting for the next ep of Last Week

Last edited by Deehydrated; 08-21-2019 at 09:30 PM.
Old 08-22-2019, 02:49 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpareBen View Post
I did the search so you don't have to.

VIPers, get thee to #1714.

"Sue Costello freaked out because of how negative Keith and Chemda are and demanded her show's notes be injected with more positivity or deleted. Keith and Chemda never saw this coming."

Non-VIPers - send Chemda an email, she wants to help you out! (or get you hooked on a free taste so you keep coming back for more.)
Just listened to #1714, which has given some perspective...
Old 08-22-2019, 03:56 AM   #35 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Did anyone else notice when the show was first posted the show notes had a pic of Marc Maron that is now gone? Strange. I was very disappointed to hear about what Marc did with the final release of his podcast with Sue, that's a very reality TV type thing to do and I imagine Marc is the kind of person constantly bitching about reality TV and how fake it can be.

It makes me feel so much better reading this thread and seeing that almost everyone else couldn't follow her story either, I'll have to give it a second listen myself.

I'm also very much looking forward to delving deeper on LWoKATG and I love the suggestion of immediate recap shows the same day!
Cortney and Apia like this.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:20 AM   #36 (permalink)

Welcome to Last Week. I’m Bianca Brady and today we’re only gonna talk about this episode. There will be no moving briskly along.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:12 AM   #37 (permalink)

Yes, this would be fan service. But nobody's scheduled to be in studio till Sunday. In more positive news, looks like there'll be shows with Liz Miele & Billy Procida next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
Or do we need a immediate KATG fan, after the show podcast ? I mean, Chemda recorded a show via Skype....
The Girl and Apia like this.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:28 AM   #38 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpareBen View Post
Yes, this would be fan service. But nobody's scheduled to be in studio till Sunday. In more positive news, looks like there'll be shows with Liz Miele & Billy Procida next week.
Ugh God I don't know what is up with me but I can't handle more "poly is great, here are my 5 partners also I'm miserable all the time and spend half my life debating what is and is not cheating"
Z-Corn and SpareBen like this.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:02 AM   #39 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Very shortly after Sue started I figured out that the deck has always been stacked against her and that nothing has ever been her fault. FYI for anybody with a story to tell, at this point I start looking at all of your statements with a slight head tilt and a "ummm, really, no foolin'?" active listening style.

None of this means Sue is wrong or right, but as somebody who listens to a lot of stories from a lot of people, it's the conversational equivalent of going to a Marvel / DC Comics movie. It might be entertaining, but I don't believe for a minute that it is a documentary.
Cortney and NotARegularMom like this.
Old 08-22-2019, 05:05 PM   #40 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Whaaat?

I tried so hard to follow. Good luck, Bianca.

**Keith and Chemda did an incredible job getting the facts out for Bianca to unscramble for us. I love how we all think Bianca will suddenly speak Sue.**
Steph likes this.

Last edited by CherryLavender; 08-22-2019 at 06:09 PM.