Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What should the Yes/No poll be?
Is the #MeToo movement too sexual? 10 12.66%
Did the Verizon workers deliberately plan on catching Chemda naked when they woke up in the morning? 19 24.05%
Medication? 50 63.29%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree410Likes

Old 08-22-2019, 05:11 PM   #41 (permalink)

I was so frustrated by this episode.

Sue just seems angry at the world.
Angry at men, all men, for any little thing.
Keith’s the part of the problem for asking a little question starting with “This isn’t what im thinking but...”

One of those people who tells a story and during the story realises it’s not quite exciting enough so has to add extra fake details or go off on a tangent for no reason to make the story more interesting or fit their agenda.
She’s most likely said a lot of this stuff before and now believes the crap she’s made up. Everything is bumped up to 11 with her.

Frustrating person.
Apia and Steph like this.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:16 PM   #42 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Oh, wow. It just all came back. Sue talked a lot about handling The Machine, you guys handled the shit out of her! That was a hell of an interview knowing the back story. Well done.

**"You don't have any problem @ing people." It's all falling into place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deehydrated View Post
Just listened to #1714, which has given some perspective...

Last edited by CherryLavender; 08-22-2019 at 08:01 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 06:29 PM   #43 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I really liked this show
She's been through alot and it shows
Eliiiii likes this.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:17 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
Did you understand her story? I didn’t.
If so, please explain. For real. I would like to understand.
I followed the gist, I think. When she talked about meeting with Les, that sounded so traumatic even if nothing happened. To me it sounded like she went to a business meeting with a guy she knew to be a fuckwad, but she needed the money so she put on her armour (a suit) and went in anyway. She didn't beg or play to his ego or flirt, just straight talk. I could be projecting, buy I've been in much lower stakes situations like this. I had to share space and humble myself for someone really unsafe. It takes a lot out of you, it's exhausting. But you think, I need what this person has, so i don't have a choice.

Other things tweaked things for me, like talking about her contract at the end, where no one could be paid more than her on her own show. That's actually a big deal - for example The Crown, a show about queen Elizabeth, came under fire when it was discovered that the supporting male actor was making waaaaaaay more money that the actress playing Queen E. That shit happens all the time cuz of agents and packaging deals etc, so even shows about women, staring women, end up fucking over the women.

OK THIS IS LONG ENOUGH and I could be projecting. I just really felt the weight of someone who's had to keep up her defenses against a barrage of toxic micro aggressions. When you constantly need to be defensive to survive, after a while it's hard to recognise when under attack and when you're safe.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:14 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
Am I so confused because she's purposely not saying what happened because she has some big story coming out and she doesn't want to ruin it? Or am I looney tunes? I have no ideas what happened with CBS...?

Huh?
Im glad im not the only one confused cause for a second i thought is this my fault and something seems off about all this but i couldnt quite put my finger on it. This is one of the few times since all the way back at ep 56 when i first started listening to the show where i got wore down and ended up turning it off 2/3 thru.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:32 PM   #46 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I hate to uphold the patriarchy but I didn't understand any of that story she told. I really loved the start when she was chiming in on the news of the day though. She was great filling in ad libs during the Chemda's story!
banger316, Apia, Steph and 1 others like this.
Old 08-22-2019, 11:00 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
I hate to uphold the patriarchy but I didn't understand any of that story she told. I really loved the start when she was chiming in on the news of the day though. She was great filling in ad libs during the Chemda's story!
Yeah that seems to be the prevailing wisdom on her. Keith and chemda did the best they could obviously but i cant wait till last week on keith and the girl with bianca brady maybe she can straighten out this mess cause i tapped out 2/3 the way thru the story at some point i just lost the thread.
rodimusprime and Apia like this.
Old 08-22-2019, 11:54 PM   #48 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by banger316 View Post
Yeah that seems to be the prevailing wisdom on her. Keith and chemda did the best they could obviously but i cant wait till last week on keith and the girl with bianca brady maybe she can straighten out this mess cause i tapped out 2/3 the way thru the story at some point i just lost the thread.
Bianca can probably do it because that shit was definitely in crossword form.
Old 08-23-2019, 01:22 AM   #49 (permalink)

Just relistened. Sue's story seems to hinge on her initially strong arming CBS in negotiations for her show and feeing really good about it, thinking it was a sign of the turning tide and testament to her determination. Then the Les story breaks and she realises she was playing the showbiz game with godmode activated and her victory wasn't what she thought it was. Sue realises the deal has strings attached and it falls apart when CBS realises Sue isn't going to be a Les apologist. Understandably she feels cheated and used.
The Marc Maron thing is interesting but without hearing the uncut audio its hard so say. Part of me wonders if Marc's agression was just him digging his heels in after Sue compilcated the story for the 10th time.
Old 08-23-2019, 02:51 AM   #50 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

If Bianca can't straighten this out, I hope Andrea takes a swing at it. Or a giant dump, whatever.
NotARegularMom likes this.