Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will Keith's dad write back within the calendar year?
Yes 27 81.82%
No 6 18.18%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree44Likes

Old 12-09-2019, 05:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3204: Unhinged w/ Jessie Jolles

The Emails reveal; dating; only 18% of The Irishman viewers have finished it; I Am Jesus Christ video game; Chemda, children, and imminent death; healthy living

Guest:
Jessie Jolles

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

WELL! I look forward to seeing how FM will find a way to justify this whole mess somehow and continue as if he's not the worst human being.
Keith, Bucho, littlp and 2 others like this.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

If the behave thing doesn't tip him off there's still the opportunity to create a secondary correspondent when Cat passes on his book to her "colleague" who is a very accomplished "editor" and said "editor" emails old Jingle Balls some suggestions for edits to the book(s) which would make it easier for Cat's company to "market".

And Jessie rules of course.
Keith, porky2468 and AstoriaGirl like this.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

It's like you are playing email peek-a-boo. He's got to be in the denial stage at this point.
Keith, Bucho, Cubeforce and 2 others like this.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

Chemda, I feel you on that flu shot + autoimmune thing. I've got an autoimmune disease, and I had to get a flu shot for work. It gave me a low level flu for a few days. That was a pain in the ass to deal with, but if I do get the flu it exacerbates all of my health issues for two weeks, so I'm fine with the small flu to avoid the big-fuck-you flu.

Good luck with everything!
Keith, The Girl, thirteen and 1 others like this.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I think he would still do mental gymnastics to try and justify how Not-Cat is real, even if you logged into both accounts right in front of him. He decides what his reality is.
Keith, littlp and AstoriaGirl like this.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

I try to explain this whole thing to my friends and I just sound like a psycho. I made my friend listen to a couple of dad email episodes while on a 6 hour road trip for Thanksgiving, so now at least one other person understands my passion.
Keith and The Girl like this.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstoriaGirl View Post
I try to explain this whole thing to my friends and I just sound like a psycho. I made my friend listen to a couple of dad email episodes while on a 6 hour road trip for Thanksgiving, so now at least one other person understands my passion.
I've stopped trying to explain it. When sharing I say Keith is cat fishing his dad who is a psychopath and probably a murderer, but definitely not a priest
Old 12-10-2019, 10:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
If the behave thing doesn't tip him off there's still the opportunity to create a secondary correspondent when Cat passes on his book to her "colleague" who is a very accomplished "editor" and said "editor" emails old Jingle Balls some suggestions for edits to the book(s) which would make it easier for Cat's company to "market".
If you really want to have fun with this idea have Michael or someone else who knows how to throw together a website really quickly create a simple site for this imaginary editor, including testimonials along the lines of:

"[NAME] was able to take my work and by suggesting minor changes make it a runaway success." - A New York Times Bestselling author

"I had thought I was an excellent editor myself until I had [NAME] take a pass at my latest work and my eyes were opened in a way they never had been before."
- An Ivy League professor of English

"I cried when I finished the writing process. I cried when I finished my own edit. Since I engaged [NAME] to edit my books I cry no more." - A Pulitzer Prize winner
Keith, Z-Corn, Svage and 2 others like this.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Our pal Adam the downtown clown called me and legit said he really thought I was kind of making up a caricature of someone and he said he’s sorry. He kept saying it until I said thanks not necessary. He said it again. A reverse Good Will Hunting.

I told him, You know what? It does feel good. Thank you. (He’s forgiven and I didn’t even know he needed to be)

I’m excited about what Bianca and Andrea are doing over at Last Week with the books.
The Girl, Bucho, littlp and 1 others like this.