Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you care when a musician you like lip-syncs?
Yes 32 71.11%
No 13 28.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree20Likes

Old 09-13-2019, 10:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

i can't believe Kyle thinks you're going to enjoy that
Keith likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 10:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I warned her. But I get it. I’m a fun fuckin’ guy.
Scorpion likes this.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I see what you are saying but if it's fine to lip sync why do they lie about it like they do? They lie because they feel disingenuous
Naturally if they were honest about it and say they have a background track to help with sound quality while they don't have the breath while dancing they wouldn't have to feel all fake about it.

Honestly though I go to a concert for entertainment yes but I don't go to a concert for an artist I don't like already. In other words I don't come to concert to hear the CD over big speakers and watch the singer jump all over the stage. I go to hear that artist practice the craft and feel the energy that gives the crowd. I will never go see an artist if I think they are just going to play a studio track, I can do that in my car and save a lot of time and money.
I generally like rock/punk/indie music so these artists generally don't lip sync so I agree with you for that.

But if I would go to a Britney or Madonna concert I would fully expect them to lip sync for at least parts of the performance because they do more than just stand and sing and keeping good vocals while also doing a hardcore dance workout is a lot. It's still gonna be a fun concert: you are in a crowd of fans, there is a show going on on stage it's an event, you can't compare that to listening in your car.

Would I wish they were more open about it? Sure. But this is pop showbiz, they put on makeup, they have plastic surgery, they starve themselves to fit into tiny outfits, they auto tune their voice in the studio - it's not meant to be anything else and it's just as valid as an art form even if it's not for you.
Old 11-10-2020, 10:31 PM   #14 (permalink)

I don't care about the singers' personal lives, I simply care what they contribute to music. On the sidelines, that to me is meaningless.
I usually use the new ringtone for my cell phone. Those ringtones are made up of famous songs so they're pretty cool. I really love it.

Last edited by Ladonna; 11-11-2020 at 08:28 PM.