Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3144: Free Will w/ Troy Alan (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3144-free-will-w-troy-alan-21550/)

Keith 09-02-2019 06:48 PM

3144: Free Will w/ Troy Alan

Critic negatively reviews Keith’s movie She’s Crushed and tweets the review to him; Keith’s shower calamity; Kevin Hart’s car crash; accidental circumcision; Hurricane Dorian; having a pedophile for a dad

Guest:
Troy Alan
http://static-4.keithandthegirl.net/...n1-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Archimedes_Screw 09-03-2019 07:03 AM

Fuck.

Yeah, my children are never going to sleepovers.

Archimedes_Screw 09-03-2019 07:31 AM

Please have him on again! So damn good!

Hell of a way to start the week.

Enunciated Piffle 09-03-2019 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia (Post 877936)

So what do you do if you are born a pedophile?
What choices do you have?.

Old school society / problem solving would have killed these people. That’s how we dealt with predators. If we’re gonna be an evolved society, I guess we look for a solution?

Maybe science has the answer. If it is something you’re born with maybe they can identify that gene and remove it?

Troy’s brave. Maybe more people talking about it is a start. It’s gut-wrenching and heart breaking to hear tho. Everyone knows tho. It’s not a punch and a bruise. Sexual abuse is worse than taking a life. It is ruining that life, minute by minute, every day, for the entirety of that life.

Pretty dark. Yikes.

Blitzgal 09-03-2019 08:58 AM

I feel like old school society actually pretended this didn't happen and the topic was so taboo we just ignored it as it went on right under our noses. And in some ways, old school society felt it was normal for men to be having sex with children, they married them, kept them as concubines, were "mentors" to them (as in ancient Greece). It's modern society that we're finally saying this behavior is wrong and actually talking about it.

Edited to add: His discussion of anger really hit home for me. I was sexually abused by my daycare provider (a woman), and am one of the people above who answered "yes" to the poll. I spent a good 20 years being FURIOUS most of the time. It wasn't until around 7 years ago, age 35 or so, that I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and really learned how much of my anger was a response to my trauma and that it sparked up in moments where I felt powerless and was actually having a panic attack or an anxious response that for me immediately turns into fury.

I hope Troy gets to a place where he's ready to start working through where his anger is coming from, because it's incredibly debilitating to live like that, and when you in the midst of it you don't fully understand how much it's affecting all parts of your life.

FingerLakes 09-03-2019 10:04 AM

I'm so mad Keith interrupted Chemda's gasping, near the end, before she passed out!

FingerLakes 09-03-2019 10:05 AM

can we get some pictures of Tony in his church clothes? For the sake of the Lord, of course

Lanfear 09-03-2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle (Post 877938)
Old school society / problem solving would have killed these people. That’s how we dealt with predators. If we’re gonna be an evolved society, I guess we look for a solution?

I was fully ready to shout at you because that is such an ignorant take but Blitzgal already nailed it.

It's 2019 and you have been listening to KATG for ages - how have you not understood by now that child abuse specifically and abuse in general has and often still isn't punished? That's some wild levels of denial.

Enunciated Piffle 09-03-2019 11:47 AM

I voted yes on poll. I was in and out of foster care and homes until age 3 when I was adopted. I'm familiar with both sexual and physical abuse. Not sure I have to apologize for posting my thoughts on it.

That word 'debilitating' really nails it. You're crippled by this anger you think is normal. I used to justify it but now trying to deal with it.

I really liked how Chemda framed Troy's cop story. That was nuts but total white privilege. I liked how open and aware Troy was of this. But you can tell he's not still fully conscious of it.

"I wouldn't call it a fight." DUDE. You're not supposed to hit cops. That's not regular. Also liked the point, "Minor Assault - is still assault."

SpareBen 09-03-2019 11:50 AM

Curious whether any of the gays object to the idea of gaydar. Seems a pretty established concept and non-problematic to me.