Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: USA RESIDENTS ONLY: Did you wait in a long line for the new Popeyes chicken sandwich?
Yes 2 3.51%
No 48 84.21%
I don't live in America 7 12.28%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree55Likes

Old 09-04-2019, 04:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Please, you animals barely read the poll as is. Now we’re adding supplements?

LANFEAR!!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 04:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

You wanted science, science is all about experimenting on stupid animals
Old 09-04-2019, 10:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

wait fuck, change my vote to a yes. I totally forgot I went to a popeyes near my theater a while back. The wait was so long i opted to leave and get a burrito instead. I was curious to see how the sandwich stood up to my own but not so curious as to fucking wait for like 30 minutes.

Poor fucking employees going through all this shit and none of them will get a raise or bonus or nothing for all this extra work and extra angry asshole customers
bag of lazers likes this.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bag of lazers View Post
I didn't wait in line, but not for lack of trying. I've tried to get that thing 3 times and they said it was either out or an hour wait. As you might guess from my avatar they're a big deal in my home state, where the only thing we have to be proud of is food and jazz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Your avatar is a mystery to me. So, I still have no idea what the reference is.
The avatar looks like a Fleur-de-lis which I would assume means it's for a part of the US that was colonized by French settlers - so New Orleans area?
bag of lazers likes this.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:42 AM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Explaining my yes vote

I decided to try the Popeyes sandwich maybe two weeks after I started hearing about it. The “ahite imma fuck with you” Popeyes drive thru meme probably got me into it. I discovered there is a Popeyes within a five min drive of me so I went and chose the drive through despite there being ten cars maybe. Once the lined moved up and I was blocked in by other cars I could see an 8x11 dark gray copy paper taped up saying they are out of the sandwich. Ok, that sucks, but I like fried chicken and I haven’t been to Popeyes in years so I’ll just get chicken. Well there was a 15 min wait on fried chicken. This was at 12:07pm - the very start of lunch and San Antonio has a lunch hour that rivals rush hour. So I told the lady ok I’ll just go through the line then - she said sorry - I said okay. I went home and made a toasted ham and cheese with bacon and jelly sandwich in the toaster oven - it was good.

I have a lot of free time on my hands. I have one kid in sixth grade. The last exciting thing that happened was we took a big road trip. We crossed the GW bridge in NYC and right before we turned to get on it we saw Tracy Morgan in his Bugatti driving down the road and turning while we were at the light. I did an asshole think I think. I saw his car down the block while he was waiting for his light. I know the car - they are super rare to see on the roads - this was the first one I’ve seen - the colors he got are also rare so I knew it was him or at least his car for maybe two mins before he started towards us. I rolled down my window and watched him approach and I said in a normal outside voice I said “We love you Tracy” and then my girlfriend immediately blows out my ear drum “Oh My God Traaacy!!! We love you so much!!!! Oh my god!!” I feel like I saw him get exasperated with us and immediately felt like the ass that I def was in that moment. That’s probably par for the course for him. I don’t understand driving it. The car alone has fans who know what it is, then it gets attention for how it looks from probably everybody, then your specific car gets famous because of the accident (that’s how I knew it was him), then you’re Tracy Morgan. I was deep in the ven diagram but even single circlers must get annoying. You almost feel like that is what caused his first accident. I felt gross after because I consistently get annoyed at how basic my girlfriend is. Hobbs and Shaw level basic. Then when I see a guy I’ve been a fan of since 96 and I shout out to him while he is driving. There was a time it would have been worse because of the car but I’ve made it through that. So anyway, yeah I guess I also went to a Popeyes drive through because of a meme.
Keith likes this.

Last edited by SLC Shawn; 09-05-2019 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Clarified
Old 09-05-2019, 11:51 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Your avatar is a mystery to me. So, I still have no idea what the reference is.

But why would you try to stand in line for a sandwich? I don't get it, other places also have sandwiches. -- Then again I think Chick fill A is shit. So maybe I'm not the best judge.
It's the fleur-de-lis (flur de lee), a symbol of French culture that's ubiquitous in Louisiana. It's even on our football team's helmets. It's hard to find a Cajun home without one somewhere. Those of us that leave often get tattoos of it.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:59 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
I'm sure the Popeye's homophobia is very subdued
Popeye's supports the Democratic Party in Florida (hello swing state!) and stem cell research instead of hate groups.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:07 PM   #18 (permalink)

Surprised Keith didn't play guess the race regarding voter registration at Popeyes. Turns out it's probably a good thing for Democrat candidates.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Ben’s been interactive lately. Like a video game. LINK: video game
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:06 PM   #20 (permalink)

(similar to Bianca, my job is undemanding and I need a life)
dr.chode likes this.