Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Would you like to buy into JFOD Coin?
Yes 21 38.18%
No 34 61.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree125Likes

Old 09-19-2019, 04:42 AM   #11 (permalink)

a) 2015??? He hasn't been on since 2015??? Nope. I refuse that.

b) Chemda's therapist voice is so soothing. The attitude towards JFOD's issues is filled with love and kindness. Should have squeezed one extra hug from her when we met (damn it!).

c) from this day on, grape > cherry.
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 2 others like this.

Last edited by ThumbnailTwo; 09-19-2019 at 10:38 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:13 AM   #12 (permalink)

I was JUST recently wondering about JFOD and what he's been up to. And now I know...yikes!

He's such a great and funny dude and I appreciate the way he can tell his story unflinchingly.
Keith and NotARegularMom like this.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:42 AM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I love JFOD and I think he is 100% adorable.

His actions during his manic episodes sound like when I have a weird dream and I'm doing weird things in that dream that somehow seem completely reliable and based on fact. "well yes of course I knew it was a safehouse and could just go inside, I just knew, you wouldn't understand."

I'm rooting for him and hope he can maintain a longer period of accurate self awareness and mental stability.
Keith and NotARegularMom like this.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:03 AM   #14 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebootie View Post

I'm rooting for him and hope he can maintain a longer period of accurate self awareness and mental stability.
Me too! Happy to hear he’s kinda sorta on track again.

My one criticism is JFOD inability to recognize his inappropriateness with women. I hope I’m remembering this correctly, (it’s been years) but I seem to remember Chemda saying JFOD would hit on her when she was clearly in a committed relationship.

I mention this because during the interview I noticed Chemda clocking his behavior with the woman he was connecting with. Also thought it was interesting how JFOD had this slightly confused response of like, ‘does Chemda approve’ after relaying a date story.

Did anyone else pick up on this?
Old 09-19-2019, 11:20 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrucial View Post
All this talk about self-awareness in depression is really interesting.

"Having depression is like having 2 versions of myself, and neither one of them has empathy for the other..."

When I'm depressed I really can't imagine how I felt ok. And I don't do the things healthy-me needs (exercise, eat well, etc.)

And when I'm well, I can't imagine how I ever felt so hopeless. So I don't set up the supports sick-me needs later.
Fucking nailed it.
Old 09-19-2019, 12:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Wow!

I've been scouring the internet for a place to submit for "Best Interview Ever".

Thank you to all three of you for this experience. JFOD sounded more grounded than he ever has. The in-depth, heartfelt explanation he gave of what is happening in his head during an episode is something everyone should hear. It was really powerful when he admitted the fear of realizing that his truth is not THE truth.

Chemda and Keith, you have truly outdone yourselves this time. I would be asking a follow-up question when JFOD was talking and one of you would ask it for me. I think you really gave him a safe space to talk. Mad kudos!

AJ
Keith, The Girl, lizsquiz and 3 others like this.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:39 AM   #17 (permalink)

Wow! I think you guys can stop now. Best episode ever. I was laughing out loud and crying at the same time. Just a warm fuzz of emotion and love for all 3 of you at the end of that. Thank to
Old 09-21-2019, 05:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
He made more sense and was more self aware than Sue and he is mentally ill. ( for sure)
stop attacking my favorite guest
Bucho and Archimedes_Screw like this.
Old 09-21-2019, 08:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

As a mental health social worker-we can tell when someone is actively manic. It is damn near impossible to hide it from anyone. It always breaks my heart to hear that JFod has been through another manic episode, but it is awesome to hear him recount the his episode so openly and reflectively. You just never really know what someone is going through. I hope his new regimen continues working for him and can’t wait to hear the new album.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2019, 01:06 PM   #20 (permalink)

There's a new Hot Mess Comedy Hour with JFOD.
Keith, The Girl, dr.chode and 1 others like this.