Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you write things on social media that can get you in trouble with the law?
Yes 10 20.41%
No 39 79.59%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree34Likes

Old 10-13-2019, 05:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

3168: To Kill a Mocking Bird w/ Luisa Díez and Jake Flores

Comedians and politics; Jake vs. Homeland Security; Chemda’s potential calumny lawsuit; Gemini Man’s trailer and Will Smith’s career

Guests:
Jake Flores

Luisa Díez

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 01:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

Ahh, those three little words everybody wants to hear: "More dad emails!"
Old 10-14-2019, 08:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I also saw the negative reviews for this movie. Besides the possible hate for Will people also hate Ang Lee, the director. He did that first Hulk movie that everyone had a orgy hate for and maybe that is creeping into it.

I gotta disagree with Luisa, because shit like Fast Five and Captain Marvel are all still INSANELY popular and getting better reviews than they deserve with a bunch nobody ass everyday actors. People like feeling better than but they also just like that popular thing.
SpareBen likes this.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
Hustlers made about 100 million till now.
Pretty good.
Hustlers was #1 its first week
#2 the next, #4 the following went back up #3.

It cost $20 million and has made over 100$ now

Such a dumb beautiful amazing movie that everyone loved
Lanfear, Apia, AstoriaGirl and 1 others like this.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post
I also saw the negative reviews for this movie. Besides the possible hate for Will people also hate Ang Lee, the director. He did that first Hulk movie that everyone had a orgy hate for and maybe that is creeping into it.

I gotta disagree with Luisa, because shit like Fast Five and Captain Marvel are all still INSANELY popular and getting better reviews than they deserve with a bunch nobody ass everyday actors. People like feeling better than but they also just like that popular thing.
Big budget movies that can afford a lot of advertising and are distributed in lots of cinemas have a much easier time to make much money.

But I think Luisa is correct that people now love to think they are special for liking unusual things. When the first Marvel movies came out nobody really thought they were gonna be that big. And even now they low key ride on the ‘omg I like comic books I’m such a nerd’ cred
Old 10-14-2019, 09:58 AM   #6 (permalink)

yeah but you can do the same thing with sci-fi movies.
"omg, cloning and debating the definition of a human life gives me such a nerd boner"

and like Keith said, The People love Gemini Man. 86% thumbs up by humans. Just critics are the ones with a stick up their ass about it
Old 10-14-2019, 10:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post
Hustlers was #1 its first week
#2 the next, #4 the following went back up #3.

It cost $20 million and has made over 100$ now

Such a dumb beautiful amazing movie that everyone loved
It’s gonna make much more money, it hasn’t even been released in various countries because it comes from a small company. I think it only comes to Germany for example in November.

I saw the trailer for Gemini Man in cinema - it looked like a boring story with bad CGI.
It also cost $140 million to make and opened up to $20.5 million compared to Hustlers $33 million. I think Jlo is living her best life.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
I saw the trailer for Gemini Man in cinema - it looked like a boring story with bad CGI.
THIS! What trailer are people seeing that it looks like bad CGI with a boring story?

I call second-hand opinions and shenanigans.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:11 AM   #9 (permalink)

Went to see Gemini Man yesterday and within the first five minutes a stench like rotting shrimp and dead animals filled the entire theater so badly that I had to ask a manager to investigate. She came in and walked around and left. Five min later I couldn’t stand it anymore and went back to her for a refund, asking her if she found the source. “Yeah,” she said, “the gentleman in the wheelchairs bag is leaking.” AS IN HIS COLOSTOMY BAG

after knowing I was eating ass particles I had to leave. Maybe I’ll see it some other day. They didn’t ask him to leave, just everyone sat there and watched the whole movie like that.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Maybe every critic saw it with that guy?

This is bad news for me cause those are the seats I always take! Fingers crossed!
The Girl, beerchick and astrokahn like this.