Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you write things on social media that can get you in trouble with the law?
Yes 10 20.41%
No 39 79.59%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree34Likes

Old 10-14-2019, 11:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
THIS! What trailer are people seeing that it looks like bad CGI with a boring story?

I call second-hand opinions and shenanigans.
Old Will Smith frowns constantly and has a beard because he is soooo badass and disillusioned, young Will Smith makes a lot of dopey dope babyfaces and looks like he used a cheap Facetune insta filter. Some shooting, tons of explosions, omg they are clones and they will have to work together against the evil organization.

I'm pretty sure there is not gonna be more plot than that but I look forward to your review.
AstoriaGirl and MartinCrow like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Haters gonna hate.
FingerLakes likes this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Haters gonna hate.
How is it hate when I think a movie trailer is boring? You might hate it too after you watched it.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
How is it hate when I think a movie trailer is boring?
I refuse to believe this is a real question.
The Girl and MartinCrow like this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 05:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

The trailer definitely made me want to watch it though I'm on the fence with CGI that makes people look younger. It's so impressive, but I find it a little distracting because it comes off like a video-game character dropped into the movie. That said, compared to special effects in old flicks like "Raiders of the Lost Arc", it's still a million times more realistic (even though I still love that movie). It's been amazing to see how far we have come in such a short period of time. It will be cool to see if, in five years from now, this type of CGI work is even more perfected and seamless.

Also I watched a movie this weekend on Netflix called Manhunt, a 2017 movie by John Woo. I thought the action shots in it were badass. Keith, if you haven't seen it you might like it, although you will have to navigate some subtitles. For what it's worth, the story-line is pretty simple, there's not much dialogue, and they often speak in English so it's not too bad. And one thing this movie does NOT do, which I appreciate, is super zoom the action shots, making it a hot mess that's impossible to follow. It had great fighting scenes, shooting scenes and it was pretty cool watching dirt bikes fly into the front windows of a house.
Keith likes this.
Old 10-14-2019, 06:20 PM   #16 (permalink)

I have a few things to not like about Will Smith. Him trying to push his son onto an audience. His son is not talented. Also, Scientology.

Last edited by theguy2009; 10-14-2019 at 06:24 PM.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I am probably easily pleased, but I saw Gemini Man and thought it was alright. It kept me entertained. The plot was weak and from an informed medical standpoint, it’s a real stretch to believe what the movie implies is genetically locked in... SPOILER ALERT... the clone is raised with a totally different childhood but apparently has the same pretty obscure (and poetic) flaws, insecurities and emotional scars. A lot of that is nurture, not nature, sorry.

I thought the CGI was pretty good, young Will Smith didn’t have that uncanny valley creepy look I have seen in other films with these de-aging effects.

Apparently few if any movie theaters could play this film how it is intended to be seen - which is 4K 3D with some kind of ultra high frame rate. I saw it in a high frame rate and with a 2k 3D and it looked pretty good, even distractingly detailed at times - every chip bag was bizarrely sharply defined in an explosion scene in a store.
Old 10-15-2019, 07:58 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
Old Will Smith frowns constantly and has a beard

You mean Jada?
Old 10-16-2019, 03:37 AM   #19 (permalink)

I'm gonna extra mock my cat today
Keith, The Girl and MartinCrow like this.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:49 AM   #20 (permalink)

You have forgiven Will Smith for Bright already?

Also, loved Chemda's reference to zombies in Independence Day. Someone should start a drinking game for when Chemda mixes up movies.
The Girl and Mado like this.