Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should we try all of Keith’s laws for one month?
Yes 25 53.19%
No 22 46.81%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree48Likes

Old 10-17-2019, 09:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

I'm fine with people who hate flying around babies, but I cannot with the people who try to argue that babies and children shouldn't be allowed on flights. I'm minorly obsessed with reading this community on reddit called r/childfree, and it's filled with shit like "there is no reason for a baby to fly ever. People shouldn't fly until their 15 and any reason parents bring them on before is their irresponsibility and failure to plan properly". Or "my friend has a baby 6 months ago and she's STILL talking about the baby all the time. Why won't she shut up about the damn thing and go back to being the person she was until she shat out a child". "apartments should be able to kick people out who get pregnant". I am always reading childfree between work duties, it's my guilty pleasure.
Bucho, shoebootie and Apia like this.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:11 AM   #12 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I was hanging out with these Nazis and they were like, White Power is so cool! I’m like, they make me so mad! Fuck that!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
I don’t talk about my kids very often because I’m also annoyed with people who are just parents and have no other topics.
But I’m also annoyed with people who say having no kids is the secret to happiness and being relaxed all the time.
It’s just not true.
It’s not like people with no kids were all happy, rich and in great relationships and had great jobs.
You sound stressed
Bucho and Scorpion like this.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Oh the 80s were deliciously weird

And just for Apia and me:
Blümchen lebt noch und war mit ihren alten Covern den Sommer auf Tournee unter anderem völlig überraschend auf dem Punk Festival wo ich dieses Jahr war. Sauwitzig :-)
Apia likes this.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:13 AM   #15 (permalink)

Speaking of Europe and nazis, can the Europeans in this thread explain the Boy London brand to me? Thr first time I saw a Boy London hoodie I almost had a heart attack, then I was surprised the person wearing it hadn't gotten punched.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Never seen that brand before, it wow that would shock me to see in the on the street.
Apia likes this.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:04 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
Never seen that brand before, it wow that would shock me to see in the on the street.
I saw it in my grad school class, where we were talking about racism and discrimination and it's impact on our clients and I was like "ok does anybody else see this!!!"
Old 10-18-2019, 01:49 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstoriaGirl View Post
I saw it in my grad school class, where we were talking about racism and discrimination and it's impact on our clients and I was like "ok does anybody else see this!!!"
A student wore it? Wtf?

It's baffling to me how brands claim this happens 'by accident' like Zara selling purses with swastikas on them, people had to design that check it and put it on sales floors. That's pure stupidity and negligence.

And then you have brands that try to do it for shock value which I think is what happens with Boy London. Or on purpose like German brand Thor Steinar that not only designed an iffy logo but also openly supports far right politics.

And then of course you have cases like Lonsdale where the Nazis decided they liked them and the brand had a lot of fighting to do to get that association to go away. Which they did a good job of but I still startle when I see Lonsdale on shirts.
AstoriaGirl likes this.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Low Cost

I get all my gear from Primark.
Old 10-20-2019, 02:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

The Keith Justice in this episode, well assisted by Andrea and Chemda, was on point. Keith Justice is sometimes a bit inconsiderate of context for me, but you were all full of good ideas this time around. We need the purge that a month-long trial would give us, haha.
AstoriaGirl likes this.