Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3205: Craps w/ Andrew Schiavone (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3205-craps-w-andrew-schiavone-21651/)

Archimedes_Screw 12-11-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotARegularMom (Post 880042)
I hadnít thought about the fence aspect. My assumption was the beer drinking plays an unspoken part in it.

A lot of people have shut themselves or others by climbing over the fence without placing it on the ground first or leaning the gun on the fence with the barrel facing up. Thereís even a couple of stories of dogs shooting their owners by jumping on the gun lol. Drinking beer definitely accounts for some of not knowing or caring what theyíre shooting at.

Bucho 12-11-2019 07:10 PM

I feel for the families of these hunters who end up shot, but these dopes who hunt in regular camo are dumbass posers. Blaze orange camo has been on the market for years which looks the same as regular camo to deer but stands out to humans.

Also, ouch on the janky segue for the first ad read Keith but the second one was so masterful it more than made up for it. Way to get right back on that horse bro.

jjrtootle 12-12-2019 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw (Post 880050)
A lot of people have shut themselves or others by climbing over the fence without placing it on the ground first or leaning the gun on the fence with the barrel facing up. Thereís even a couple of stories of dogs shooting their owners by jumping on the gun lol. Drinking beer definitely accounts for some of not knowing or caring what theyíre shooting at.

Why isn't the safety on?? Isn't that gun safety 101?

dr.chode 12-12-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoebootie (Post 880029)
Did I hear something bleeped out for the first time in the ad for ZipRecruiter??

I was guessing maybe Chemda said "LinkedIn" and the ZipRecruiter folks didn't like that...?

Svage 12-13-2019 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.chode (Post 880059)
I was guessing maybe Chemda said "LinkedIn" and the ZipRecruiter folks didn't like that...?

Dunno what she said but her energy changed for a minute.

Enunciated Piffle 12-13-2019 02:39 PM

Chemda mentioned a book that talks about how gambling can be progressive and addictive. I just finished a book called The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg that covers this. It's interesting because it talks how the reward loop can get corrupted by gambling. The makers of those Keno machines hired video game makers in the 1990s. They realized the promise of an almost win kept certain addicts coming back.

Anyways.

If Chemda or anyone else is interested, there's a book called Atomic Habits by James Clear that takes what Duhigg did and goes further. It's like a more interesting/ improved take on habits/ loops.

The Girl 12-13-2019 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle (Post 880076)
Chemda mentioned a book that talks about how gambling can be progressive and addictive. I just finished a book called The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg that covers this. It's interesting because it talks how the reward loop can get corrupted by gambling. The makers of those Keno machines hired video game makers in the 1990s. They realized the promise of an almost win kept certain addicts coming back.



Anyways.



If Chemda or anyone else is interested, there's a book called Atomic Habits by James Clear that takes what Duhigg did and goes further. It's like a more interesting/ improved take on habits/ loops.



Thatís what I just read and was referencing. Iím now reading the 7 habits of highly effective people.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O'Ryan 12-14-2019 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotARegularMom (Post 880042)
I hadnít thought about the fence aspect. My assumption was the beer drinking plays an unspoken part in it.

It often does, but sometimes there are just unfortunate accidents. A few years back, a guy from my area fell out of his deer blind, broke his neck and died. You'd think alcohol would be the culprit, but in the autopsy it turned out he had had a heart attack and that's why he fell.

That being said, I'm from Michigan, and it's a big mix of responsible hunters and irresponsible hunters. A lot of hunting culture is tied in with gun culture, and in turn conservative white guy culture, and I think that's why you have assholes who fuck around like the guy who shot the other in Osceola did. It's like it doesn't occur to them that anything could go awry for them as a direct result of their own stupid behavior.

As for drinking while hunting, some do, and others are still drunk from the previous night.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger