Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you caught your parent(s) having sex?
Yes 18 33.33%
No 36 66.67%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree70Likes

Old 01-07-2020, 11:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

the fact that once upon a time WON for best "comedy" while The Farewell was relegated to the "Foreign Language" category is all the evidence I need that America is no longer #1

Last edited by FingerLakes; 01-07-2020 at 12:04 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 03:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Like all docs, Game Changers should be watched with a skeptical eye, and there's definitely some selectivity in the data they choose to present, but even the good "debunking" vids I've seen still acknowledge that these badass athletes who've quit the critter at least prove that the whole "you need meat to be hardcore" thing is a myth. A lot of dudes seem frightened to eat less or no meat because it will somehow make them less of a man, and meanwhile, in the real world, No Meat Nate Diaz is legit considered one of the toughest motherfuckers ever to climb into the Octagon even by other UFC fighters.

Some of the debunk vids out there are pretty shithouse (the guy Rogan had on was a waste of time) but I reckon this one gets it pretty well right:

And to be clear, even though I'm posting this debunk vid, even this vid should be watched skeptically to some extent. Layne has ties to meat industry-funded nutritional studies. I just find that even given that, he's the most level headed I've found do far.

And to be double clear, I'm all in favour of everyone decreasing the amount of meat they eat. I'm all aboard for anything that can be done to unfuck this planet ecologically and also to reduce the horrendous amount of animal abuse that takes place in industrial scale meat and dairy production.

Last edited by Bucho; 01-07-2020 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-08-2020, 06:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The fires here in Australia are devastating and it's great to see the outpouring of support across the globe. I'm on the west coast and about a month ago we had a pretty bad bush fire north of us that had a petrol station exploding and schools evacuated. But the fires on the east of Australia are unrelenting and I can't imagine what it must be like for those affected. Not just peoples houses, but people's livelihoods are burning too and no insurance payouts or donations will help replace that. And I couldn't believe the numbers of animals killed either, it doesn't seem like a real number (which keeps growing).

There is a video of a fire moving along so fast, it's crazy;

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-...toria/11842398

It is weird how pictures are being posted of the map of Australia with fires everywhere along the whole continent though. The pic posted for this episode is not real (I know you guys didn't know that when you posted it, not attacking you);

And even our own government owned website, MyFireWatch, has a picture like this which makes it seem at face value that the whole country is burning;

They've had to issue a response because it is confusing people who live here too;

The MyFireWatch website says it is intended for community users, especially those living in regional Australia, to help them prepare for fire threats near them and flags that the symbols do not indicate the blaze's size.

"MyFireWatch shows 'hotspots' detected from satellite observations to inform communities, particularly in regional and remote areas, of the threat of fire activity," a Landgate spokesperson said.

"The different colours of the icons represent how long it has been since a hotspot was detected; red being more recent and orange/yellow being two to three days old.
Keith, Bucho, Lanfear and 5 others like this.

Last edited by bw81; 01-08-2020 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

As an Australian listener, I thank you KATG for supporting donations towards the fires here. It's been so bad.
Keith, The Girl and critter2003 like this.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:04 AM   #15 (permalink)

What show are they talking about at the end? It's called You? Something about a dude with a hat who can be unnoticed when he walks into a room? And the part about the nose? So lost.
The Girl likes this.
Old 01-10-2020, 01:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherWayne View Post
What show are they talking about at the end? It's called You? Something about a dude with a hat who can be unnoticed when he walks into a room? And the part about the nose? So lost.

Netflix original called YOU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BrotherWayne likes this.
Old 01-10-2020, 01:52 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
Netflix original called YOU
I hate one word titles like this for shows. Like what am I supposed to google, "you show"? Bad marketing.
The Girl likes this.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherWayne View Post
I hate one word titles like this for shows. Like what am I supposed to google, "you show"? Bad marketing.

Lol you must not have tried that google search because “you show” resulted in the show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2020, 05:06 PM   #19 (permalink)

doh! Google be smart, yo
Keith and The Girl like this.