Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will Louis C.K. ever give an apology that shows he's learned anything of value?
Yes 2 6.67%
No 28 93.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree51Likes

Old 09-14-2018, 11:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

2938: Louis C.K. Returns w/ Andrea Allan

Norm McDonald defends Louis C.K. and Roseanne Barr; Louis' return to stand-up and the public's reaction; #MeToo; the sexual allegations against CBS CEO Les Moonves

Guest:
Andrea Allan

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 02:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Norm McDonald and Rob Schneider, huh? No surprise there. You can always count on a conservative to pop up and defend rape culture eventually.
Apia likes this.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Can I just say about Roseanne that it literally doesn't matter if she meant to be racist. I think a show is in their rights to fire someone on their staff, about whom the entire show is hinged upon and is their most public figure, for calling people monkeys and attacking people on twitter. Not to mention the whackjob conspiracy theories.

I think Norm MacDonald's take is fine, just tone deaf. Aside from the part on Louis CK and Roseanne being 'victims' here. They did shitty things and their reputation's suffered. Roseanne should be crying, I'd cry too if I lost my job for doing some dumb shit, but that doesn't make it anyone else's fault. Same goes for Louie. I wouldn't want Louis serving me fries. What other profession is this okay in except for Entertainment? Louis never has to work again. He's rich. He's the lucky kind of harrasser who doesn't have to hide, too many people love him, doesn't have to suffer, he's stupid rich, all he's lost is his reputation as a decent man. Because he's not. Or he hasn't been. Whether he's learned from this whole thing, I have no idea. His apology is decent if I assume any of it is genuine. Maybe he is, good for him. I will never look at him the same again so I'm not interested. He's lost my trust. He'll be fine without it.

That said,#Me Too reached a fever pitch because the pendulum was swinging the other day after 2000 years of being in the favour of men. Believe (all) women was never a feasible long-term request, but it was shining a light on all the harassment and rape and suffering (of yes, varying levels) that women have been subject to. Generations of women. It was time for men to listen and be held accountable for the things they did in the shadows. But I think we always knew it'd balance itself out (and I think we're getting there), and it should.

But where were these guys 10-15 years ago when women were being raped and thousands of men escaped with no repercussions? I just can't take people seriously who only have a voice for men.

I would caution Chemda from saying that all men have a weapon in their pants, though. The way she frames it seems to blame men for being men. I've noticed she likes to say that men tell her not to go up to hotel rooms as if all men are saying that, and even still, caution is not the same as condemnation.
Old 09-15-2018, 03:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

When Norm MacDonald (among others) say MeToo may have gone too far he's talking about how, as he put it, it went from "100 women can't be lying" with Cosby and Weinstein (and now Moonves) to "1 woman can't be lying" with Hardwick.

MacDonald directly referenced Hardwick, who went through the ringer because of one ex-girlfriend's allegations of abuse. For criminals like Cosby, Weinstein and Moonves the initial public accusation lead to more skeletons being revealed. For Hardwick the exact opposite happened and instead of more accusers coming forward, three ex-girlfriends came out to defend his character.

https://www.screengeek.net/2018/06/2...e-allegations/

Which goes back again to Keith's ongoing thing (also picked up by Andrea in this ep) about how, if you're a "good guy", how could MeToo worry you? Because by all other reports from other ex girlfriends Hardwick is a "good guy". That doesn't mean it's impossible to believe he changed his behaviour 180 degrees for one particular relationship (and like Keith says, it's "interesting" that some staff quit when he got his jobs back), but it also doesn't mean an ex can never lie - no matter what gender they are.

So then we go, "Ok, sure, Hardwick went through the ringer but then three other exes backed him up and the company investigated him and cleared him and he got his jobs back, so yeah, sure, he had a hard few weeks and carries a continuing, possibly undeserved stigma in the eyes of many, but at least he hasn't suffered anything on the level of what MILLIONS of abused women have suffered." Which is PLENTY true.

But it's also plenty of miles from any kind of fanciful "good guys have nothing to worry about" deal. I mean, fuuuuuuuck, to be dramatic about it, hundreds if not thousands of innocents have been locked away in American jails over the years. Dozens of innocents have been gunned down by cops. None of this "good people get shafted sometimes" shit is even close to secret, it's front page news.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.e90f5cc9f1b7

And if this is happening, that often, at the highest levels of morality enforcement how much more often do you reckon it's happening at the lowest levels of morality enforcement, i.e., at the level of accusation. If you think peeps are safe if they're "good" are you really living this life with your eyes open?

p.s. One of the exes who defended Hardwick's character was Janet Varney, on whose show our beloved Chemda appeared back in 2013, two years after Varney's 7 year relationship with Hardwick ended. This has no bearing on anything, I just bring it up as a curiosity or whatever.

p.s.s. Keith was calling out creepos long before it was cool - Pat Dixon being the prime example. Any of you newer listeners who have VIP and are ridiculous enough to still be reading this ludicrous novella of a post but don't yet know that tale should look it up. While a case could be made Keith has an imperfection or two I've long considered him a literal hero when it comes to the battle against creepism. Not as big a hero as Chemda of course, but still ... unlike Chemda he's only a mortal.

p.s.s.s. I haven't listened to or watched any Louis CK since the shit went down, and I've spent more money on his comedy than any other comic. I quit Pat Dixon, who'd been one of my Top 5 KATG guests and whose podcast I listened to regularly, after that shit went down with him. I also - unlike Keith - don't watch Woody Allen or Roman Polanski movies anymore. Fuck, I even quit listening to Queens of the Stone Age - my favourite band for about 20 fucking years! - not long ago, and all Josh Homme did was kick a photographer's camera into their face! There wasn't even any peen involved! If anything I'm more hardcore on these cunts than Keith is. And as for Hardwick, I listened to some eps of Nerdist when he had good guests on, but I always found him grating (ironically because he seemed TOO NICE!!!). Just something to keep in mind with all that malarkey I blathered on about above.

p.s.s.s.s. Sorry to do this to you as a Tool fan Chemda, but you might want to take some time to look into the rape allegations against Maynard James Keynan.

p.s.s.s.s.s. I give approximately 17 splattery, burning, thai curry-powered shits about this post.
arty, flerchin, punk'n and 1 others like this.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
I think the Pat Dixon saga is free for everyone to hear.
Always. KATG.com/Pat
Old 09-15-2018, 05:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post

Fuck, I even quit listening to Queens of the Stone Age - my favourite band for about 20 fucking years! - not long ago, and all Josh Homme did was kick a photographer's camera into their face! .
Dude.

SERIOUSLY???

Qotsa rocks. I’d give Rated R another listen. Reevaluate these brash, major life decisions...
Old 09-15-2018, 07:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

Since we’ve taken the time to review the details of Louis C.K.’s crimes, and we’ve determined that 9 months is too soon for him to perform stand up comedy again, can we take another moment to express how long he should have waited?

Obviously we care about more than time passing, but let’s say that he did everything that we want him to do, what’s the minimum amount of time that he should have waited?

Asking this question during a lengthy discussion of Louis C.K.’s crimes is not shifting his responsibility onto us.

It’s up to him to figure it out, but since we have already said that 9 months isn’t long enough, why not say what would be?

And if we would prefer that he never perform again, then why refuse to say it?

Last edited by Person; 09-15-2018 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-15-2018, 07:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Dude.

SERIOUSLY???

Qotsa rocks. I’d give Rated R another listen. Reevaluate these brash, major life decisions...
You see that video of him putting the boot into that photographer Piff Daddy?

That ain't punk rock. That's just being a cunt.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I like everything you said. P. S. stands for 'Post Script' so every level gets an extra p not an extra s.
jjrtootle and Apia like this.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Person View Post
Since we’ve taken the time to review the details of Louis C.K.’s crimes, and we’ve determined that 9 months is too soon for him to perform stand up comedy again, can we take another moment to express how long he should have waited?

Obviously we care about more than time passing, but let’s say that he did everything that we want him to do, what’s the minimum amount of time that he should have waited?

Asking this question during a lengthy discussion of Louis C.K.’s crimes is not shifting his responsibility onto us.

It’s up to him to figure it out, but since we have already said that 9 months isn’t long enough, why not say what would be?

And if we would prefer that he never perform again, then why refuse to say it?

Oh Person...

An hour and half show and this was your big takeaway, that dopey question.

"Obviously we care about more than time passing, but let’s say that he did everything that we want him to do, what’s the minimum amount of time that he should have waited?"

You just made up something that never happened.

"Let's say he did everything you wanted, NOW there's still a problem?"

Fuck off.

He can come back today. All he has to do is everything we said, ya fuckin' goofball.
The Girl, Bucho, DJ Trashy and 3 others like this.