Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3222: 2020 24-Hour Marathon: The Beginning w/ Patrick Shroeder and Rojo Perez (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3222-2020-24-hour-marathon-beginning-w-patrick-shroeder-rojo-perez-21712/)

Keith 01-29-2020 11:36 PM

3222: 2020 24-Hour Marathon: The Beginning w/ Patrick Shroeder and Rojo Perez

U.S. Space Force’s camouflage uniforms and Uber’s murder report; Keith’s dad, mom, and the new year; tinnitus, pain pills, and Rush Limbaugh; Wendy Williams’s Fartgate; Ozzy Osbourne’s Parkinson’s disease; Carpool Karaoke’s tricks

Guests:
Patrick Schroeder
http://static-3.keithandthegirl.net/...ER-100x100.png

Rojo Perez
http://static-3.keithandthegirl.net/...JO-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Bucho 01-30-2020 11:06 AM

After too many years working construction and playing in punk rock bands if I didn't have tinnitus I'd be worried something was wrong.

I did think it was insensitive how the room acted as if Keith should simply embrace hearing surf noises though. For a regular civilian, sure, that'd be nice, but how could they fail to consider that for one of America's great wave-punchers that sound is not associated with gentle relaxation.

Archimedes_Screw 01-30-2020 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucho (Post 880829)
After too many years working construction and playing in punk rock bands if I didn't have tinnitus I'd be worried something was wrong.

I did think it was insensitive how the room acted as if Keith should simply embrace hearing surf noises though. For a regular civilian, sure, that'd be nice, but how could they fail to consider that for one of America's great wave-punchers that sound is not associated with gentle relaxation.

THE CALL IS COMING FROM IN THE HOUSE!

SteveFromOhio 01-30-2020 05:20 PM

Tinnitus sufferer here

Last June, I got bad infection and was treated with antibiotics. My ears started ringing almost immediately and have not stopped. It’s the high pitched ringing that you can’t ignore when everything else is silent. I’ve been to the Dr.s several times and was told to take Flonase as it’s related to allergies, it never stopped.

Last month, I was fitted for a hearing aid, due to damage that occurred years ago and has gotten progressively worse over the decade. I asked the Tech about the tinnitus and she said, “Oh yeah, that’s going to last forever”. Shitty doctors couldn’t fess up that I’m fucked, I got the truth from an assistant.

I’m still getting used to it but even as I type this, the ringing persists. There are days I wonder if I’ll ever be able to ignore it. Pray you never get this.

ThePinkSuperhero 01-30-2020 06:01 PM

I need a picture of Keith wearing glasses in the show notes, please and thank you. :p

Lanfear 01-30-2020 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePinkSuperhero (Post 880841)
I need a picture of Keith wearing glasses in the show notes, please and thank you. :p

Have a look at the show notes for Kevin Allison's show 3220 :-)
Show Notes and Pictures - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Keith 01-30-2020 07:18 PM

I was so surprised that the poll reads that over 40% of the listeners have this? Lordy!

bluecrucial 01-30-2020 07:52 PM

Mine is the high pitched "eeeeeeeeeee" noise. I'm so used to it that I almost never think about it, it's just part of life. Then if I'm reading a book when the house is quiet suddenly I'm like "Oh god right...." Then for like an hour I can't ignore it.

Similar to the clock in my living room. When it cuts from commercial and there's a quick lull, I hear the "tock" then I hear it for the rest of the show... but only after the first one found a way to hit me.

Scorpion 01-30-2020 09:41 PM

Yes

I don't have it but my brother in-law has it so I voted yes for him.
Well technically he has Ménière's disease son kinda the same thing but he gradually gets worse until he looses all his hearing. So he doesnt really have tinittus.
Keith I'm sorry you got tinnitus and I hope it doesn't get worse. Oh and by the way I voted no, I didn't fuck with your science. Just wanted you to realize there are worse things then tinnitus, people who fuck with science! Oh and Ménière's disease is way worse. That part - totally true.

Luv da' show!

Kory 01-31-2020 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucho (Post 880829)

Yeah so you're a punk? Name every type of studded belt and denim vest. Thought so. :p

My guitarist in high school refused to wear ear plugs and the boy is deaf as a thing that is deaf. I've had it since I was about 18 but it doesn't really bother me too bad.