Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you have tinnitus?
Yes 22 34.38%
No 42 65.63%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree36Likes

Old 01-29-2020, 11:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3222: 2020 24-Hour Marathon: The Beginning w/ Patrick Shroeder and Rojo Perez

U.S. Space Force’s camouflage uniforms and Uber’s murder report; Keith’s dad, mom, and the new year; tinnitus, pain pills, and Rush Limbaugh; Wendy Williams’s Fartgate; Ozzy Osbourne’s Parkinson’s disease; Carpool Karaoke’s tricks

Guests:
Patrick Schroeder

Rojo Perez

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 11:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

After too many years working construction and playing in punk rock bands if I didn't have tinnitus I'd be worried something was wrong.

I did think it was insensitive how the room acted as if Keith should simply embrace hearing surf noises though. For a regular civilian, sure, that'd be nice, but how could they fail to consider that for one of America's great wave-punchers that sound is not associated with gentle relaxation.
Old 01-30-2020, 02:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
After too many years working construction and playing in punk rock bands if I didn't have tinnitus I'd be worried something was wrong.

I did think it was insensitive how the room acted as if Keith should simply embrace hearing surf noises though. For a regular civilian, sure, that'd be nice, but how could they fail to consider that for one of America's great wave-punchers that sound is not associated with gentle relaxation.
THE CALL IS COMING FROM IN THE HOUSE!
Keith, Scorpion, lizsquiz and 1 others like this.
Old 01-30-2020, 05:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Tinnitus sufferer here

Last June, I got bad infection and was treated with antibiotics. My ears started ringing almost immediately and have not stopped. It’s the high pitched ringing that you can’t ignore when everything else is silent. I’ve been to the Dr.s several times and was told to take Flonase as it’s related to allergies, it never stopped.

Last month, I was fitted for a hearing aid, due to damage that occurred years ago and has gotten progressively worse over the decade. I asked the Tech about the tinnitus and she said, “Oh yeah, that’s going to last forever”. Shitty doctors couldn’t fess up that I’m fucked, I got the truth from an assistant.

I’m still getting used to it but even as I type this, the ringing persists. There are days I wonder if I’ll ever be able to ignore it. Pray you never get this.
Keith and Scorpion like this.
Old 01-30-2020, 06:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

I need a picture of Keith wearing glasses in the show notes, please and thank you.
Scorpion and NotARegularMom like this.
Old 01-30-2020, 06:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePinkSuperhero View Post
I need a picture of Keith wearing glasses in the show notes, please and thank you.
Have a look at the show notes for Kevin Allison's show 3220 :-)
Show Notes and Pictures - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast
Scorpion and FingerLakes like this.
Old 01-30-2020, 07:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I was so surprised that the poll reads that over 40% of the listeners have this? Lordy!
Scorpion and Kory like this.
Old 01-30-2020, 07:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Mine is the high pitched "eeeeeeeeeee" noise. I'm so used to it that I almost never think about it, it's just part of life. Then if I'm reading a book when the house is quiet suddenly I'm like "Oh god right...." Then for like an hour I can't ignore it.

Similar to the clock in my living room. When it cuts from commercial and there's a quick lull, I hear the "tock" then I hear it for the rest of the show... but only after the first one found a way to hit me.
Scorpion, Piscean, Kory and 1 others like this.
Old 01-30-2020, 09:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Yes

I don't have it but my brother in-law has it so I voted yes for him.
Well technically he has Ménière's disease son kinda the same thing but he gradually gets worse until he looses all his hearing. So he doesnt really have tinittus.
Keith I'm sorry you got tinnitus and I hope it doesn't get worse. Oh and by the way I voted no, I didn't fuck with your science. Just wanted you to realize there are worse things then tinnitus, people who fuck with science! Oh and Ménière's disease is way worse. That part - totally true.

Luv da' show!
Apia likes this.
Old 01-31-2020, 03:39 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Yeah so you're a punk? Name every type of studded belt and denim vest. Thought so.

My guitarist in high school refused to wear ear plugs and the boy is deaf as a thing that is deaf. I've had it since I was about 18 but it doesn't really bother me too bad.