Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What’s deeper?
The movie Parasite 18 43.90%
A fistable vagina 23 56.10%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree103Likes

Old 02-26-2020, 09:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

omg, Andrea's mom is going to be on?

Holy balls.
Piscean and Archimedes_Screw like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:13 AM   #12 (permalink)

Billy seems like a nice guy, but man he is so fake deep.
Old 02-26-2020, 12:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Oh Billy, Billy, Billy....
I've been defending you this whole time. I thought you were funny. I even answered in a poll that I'd let you eat my box..

But you lost me in the first 10 minutes. Anyone who think the waiter should work for free cos you're on some soapbox about how restaurants in America run can GO FUCK THEMSELVES. Fuck you, Billy. If you give a fuck about the subject, write your god damn senator. Screwing over waitstaff is a cardinal sin in my book. You're a cheap, privileged, stupid asshole. Byyyyyeeeeee!
Old 02-26-2020, 12:31 PM   #14 (permalink)

Re: tipping/living wage.

I understood immediately what Billy was talking about BUT the moment it was clear that Chemda picked up on the wrong bit of it he should have immediately clarified rather than answer her tipping question abd go off on another thread.

He is bad at discussions but I for sure have been stuck in a loop like this and I empathize.
Bucho and Apia like this.

Last edited by marykae; 02-26-2020 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-26-2020, 12:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

The percentage is debatable though. A lot of people still tip around 15%, depending on where they live. Mainly because it's the first option on the payment screen and it's been the default amount for years.
Old 02-26-2020, 01:11 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
I didn’t think he did that but maybe I’m wrong.
I thought he was for tipping 20%. Wasn’t he?
He said you should tip what you can afford. Chemda asked if 5% was appropriate and he said something like "if that's all you can afford". You should never tip 5% ESPECIALLY if you leave your house knowing you're going to do that and it's not even an issue of service. Booooo. Tips should be calculated into what you can afford. If you can't afford a decent tip, then you should forego the wine, or the dessert, or the restaurant altogether.
Old 02-26-2020, 01:35 PM   #17 (permalink)

It's a fucked up system but it's a cultural norm. The way to not participate in it is to go after the people who created it, not the people who are stuck in it.
Old 02-26-2020, 01:45 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
He said you should tip what you can afford. Chemda asked if 5% was appropriate and he said something like "if that's all you can afford". You should never tip 5% ESPECIALLY if you leave your house knowing you're going to do that and it's not even an issue of service. Booooo. Tips should be calculated into what you can afford. If you can't afford a decent tip, then you should forego the wine, or the dessert, or the restaurant altogether.
I intuited that the internet was arguing servers shouod make less because people should tip, and he was saying poor people should be allowed to go out to eat too and therefore servers should be paid a living wage .

The part of the conversation you're referring to doesn't reflect his initial point, which is decidedly the opposite of elitest.

He answered a hypothetical question on the fly and his answer was clearly imperfect and made up off the top of his head.

Bad at discussion, yes. Elitest and shitty to servers, quite the opposite.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marykae View Post
I intuited that the internet was arguing servers shouod make less because people should tip, and he was saying poor people should be allowed to go out to eat too and therefore servers should be paid a living wage .
I have heard that argument before but how does that make sense?

If waiters need that 20% tip now (which I understand they do but also think is a stupid system) paying them a normal wage would just make restaurants more expensive.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:28 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
I have heard that argument before but how does that make sense?

If waiters need that 20% tip now (which I understand they do but also think is a stupid system) paying them a normal wage would just make restaurants more expensive.
The customer is paying that either way then. I'd rather they get a better wage so that their livelihood isn't tied to a fickle and obtuse tipping system.
porky2468, marykae and Apia like this.