Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3236: Parasite w/ Billy Procida and Andrea Allan (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3236-parasite-w-billy-procida-andrea-allan-21742/)

thirteen 02-26-2020 09:39 AM

omg, Andrea's mom is going to be on?

Holy balls.

theguy2009 02-26-2020 11:13 AM

Billy seems like a nice guy, but man he is so fake deep.

punk'n 02-26-2020 12:23 PM

Oh Billy, Billy, Billy....
I've been defending you this whole time. I thought you were funny. I even answered in a poll that I'd let you eat my box..

But you lost me in the first 10 minutes. Anyone who think the waiter should work for free cos you're on some soapbox about how restaurants in America run can GO FUCK THEMSELVES. Fuck you, Billy. If you give a fuck about the subject, write your god damn senator. Screwing over waitstaff is a cardinal sin in my book. You're a cheap, privileged, stupid asshole. Byyyyyeeeeee!

marykae 02-26-2020 12:31 PM

Re: tipping/living wage.

I understood immediately what Billy was talking about BUT the moment it was clear that Chemda picked up on the wrong bit of it he should have immediately clarified rather than answer her tipping question abd go off on another thread.

He is bad at discussions but I for sure have been stuck in a loop like this and I empathize.

thirteen 02-26-2020 12:33 PM

The percentage is debatable though. A lot of people still tip around 15%, depending on where they live. Mainly because it's the first option on the payment screen and it's been the default amount for years.

punk'n 02-26-2020 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia (Post 881627)
I didn’t think he did that but maybe I’m wrong.
I thought he was for tipping 20%. Wasn’t he?

He said you should tip what you can afford. Chemda asked if 5% was appropriate and he said something like "if that's all you can afford". You should never tip 5% ESPECIALLY if you leave your house knowing you're going to do that and it's not even an issue of service. Booooo. Tips should be calculated into what you can afford. If you can't afford a decent tip, then you should forego the wine, or the dessert, or the restaurant altogether.

punk'n 02-26-2020 01:35 PM

It's a fucked up system but it's a cultural norm. The way to not participate in it is to go after the people who created it, not the people who are stuck in it.

marykae 02-26-2020 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punk'n (Post 881628)
He said you should tip what you can afford. Chemda asked if 5% was appropriate and he said something like "if that's all you can afford". You should never tip 5% ESPECIALLY if you leave your house knowing you're going to do that and it's not even an issue of service. Booooo. Tips should be calculated into what you can afford. If you can't afford a decent tip, then you should forego the wine, or the dessert, or the restaurant altogether.

I intuited that the internet was arguing servers shouod make less because people should tip, and he was saying poor people should be allowed to go out to eat too and therefore servers should be paid a living wage .

The part of the conversation you're referring to doesn't reflect his initial point, which is decidedly the opposite of elitest.

He answered a hypothetical question on the fly and his answer was clearly imperfect and made up off the top of his head.

Bad at discussion, yes. Elitest and shitty to servers, quite the opposite.

Lanfear 02-26-2020 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marykae (Post 881632)
I intuited that the internet was arguing servers shouod make less because people should tip, and he was saying poor people should be allowed to go out to eat too and therefore servers should be paid a living wage .

I have heard that argument before but how does that make sense?

If waiters need that 20% tip now (which I understand they do but also think is a stupid system) paying them a normal wage would just make restaurants more expensive.

Kory 02-26-2020 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanfear (Post 881634)
I have heard that argument before but how does that make sense?

If waiters need that 20% tip now (which I understand they do but also think is a stupid system) paying them a normal wage would just make restaurants more expensive.

The customer is paying that either way then. I'd rather they get a better wage so that their livelihood isn't tied to a fickle and obtuse tipping system.