Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What’s deeper?
The movie Parasite 18 43.90%
A fistable vagina 23 56.10%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree103Likes

Old 02-26-2020, 02:41 PM   #21 (permalink)

Servers get regular minimum wage in Oregon (which is still not a living wage but closer) and the prices aren't any more bonkers in Portland than in another large city.

I still tip 20% but if one or two people don't tip during a shift it's annoying but doesn't break you the way it might somewhere else.

My boyfriend is a server and minimum wage plus tips has him making close to what I make in an office. We eat out a lot including a cocktail or beer and I pay between 15-50 each time including tip with the average being closer to 20-25.

Maybe I'm remembering other cities prices wrong?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 02:43 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marykae View Post
Servers get regular minimum wage in Oregon (which is still not a living wage but closer) and the prices aren't any more bonkers in Portland than in another large city.

I still tip 20% but if one or two people don't tip during a shift it's annoying but doesn't break you the way it might somewhere else.

My boyfriend is a server and minimum wage plus tips has him making close to what I make in an office. We eat out a lot including a cocktail or beer and I pay between 15-50 each time including tip with the average being closer to 20-25.

Maybe I'm remembering other cities prices wrong?
Federally, you can pay servers under minimum wage as long as their wage WITH tips meet minimum wage. So if they make minimum wage plus tips that's most likely higher than average.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kory View Post
The customer is paying that either way then. I'd rather they get a better wage so that their livelihood isn't tied to a fickle and obtuse tipping system.
Well obviously as I said it's a stupid system.

The point I was reacting to was 'poor people should be allowed to go out to eat as well' and as Punkn pointed out if you can't afford it you don't get to do it.
punk'n likes this.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:47 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kory View Post
Federally, you can pay servers under minimum wage as long as their wage WITH tips meet minimum wage. So if they make minimum wage plus tips that's most likely higher than average.
That would be great if minimum wage were also a living wage.

Oregon is raising minimum wage every july until it hits 15, but servers here will always get that plus tips. That's a living wage.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:50 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marykae View Post
That would be great if minimum wage were also a living wage.

Oregon is raising minimum wage every july until it hits 15, but servers here will always get that plus tips. That's a living wage.
I completely agree. I was simply stating the situation nationally.
Old 02-26-2020, 03:03 PM   #26 (permalink)

Funny how I just fell into the same trap as Billy. I came here to say I see both sides of his show argument and ended up discussing minimum wage.

Or maybe I was just proving I empathize.
Old 02-26-2020, 03:25 PM   #27 (permalink)

the idea of being fisted is so frightening. i don’t understand how anyone comes out of that without a UTI; that’s a whole hands worth of bacteria.
lizsquiz likes this.
Old 02-26-2020, 03:26 PM   #28 (permalink)

Someone has to have a great level of immunity to be able to be fisted with hands full of bacteria.
Sparrow likes this.
Old 02-26-2020, 04:00 PM   #29 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I just got a manicure, and while I couldn't tip after, I had a note explaining that for the worker in my pocket; but, because my nails were freshly done, I couldn't take it out of my pocket to hand over. AWKWARD! (But still so worth it.)
Kory likes this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 04:16 PM   #30 (permalink)

Did Chemda not understand the original online tipping argument or was she purposely baiting Billy?