Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   3239: Super Tuesday w/ Adrienne Iapalucci (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/3239-super-tuesday-w-adrienne-iapalucci-21748/)

Keith 03-04-2020 08:12 AM

I’ll wear targets on my knees. Let ‘em try, these fuckin’ idiots!

shoebootie 03-04-2020 09:23 AM

another birth control recommendation here!

I love my Mirena IUD. I know experiences vary from person to person with this, but it's been a dream for me. No more periods, no more cramps, it lasts 5 years, insertion was easy peasy, and best of all no pregnancy. 10/10 do recommend.

Sparrow 03-04-2020 09:28 AM

right on! more praise for IUDs: they have a non-hormonal option, Paragard.

Lanfear 03-04-2020 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoebootie (Post 881828)
another birth control recommendation here!

I love my Mirena IUD. I know experiences vary from person to person with this, but it's been a dream for me. No more periods, no more cramps, it lasts 5 years, insertion was easy peasy, and best of all no pregnancy. 10/10 do recommend.

Seconded, I love my Mirena

thirteen 03-04-2020 11:22 AM

Just going to leave this here:

https://humanparts.medium.com/men-ca...i=a34a4d7a129c

Men Cause 100% of Unwanted Pregnancies

"Our conversation about abortion places the burden of responsibility on women. I argue men are the root cause."

It's an interesting take on the matter, and mentions fertility as well:

"A woman’s egg is only fertile for about two days each month. Yes, there are exceptions, because nature. But one egg which is fertile two days each month is the baseline. And those fertile eggs are produced for a limited number of years. This means, on average, women are fertile for about 24 days per year.

But men are fertile 365 days a year. In fact, if you’re a man who ejaculates multiple times a day, you could cause multiple pregnancies daily. In theory, a man could cause 1000+ unwanted pregnancies in just one year. While it’s true that sperm gets crappier as men age, it doesn’t have a fertility expiration date; men can cause unwanted pregnancies from puberty until death."

littlp 03-04-2020 01:02 PM

Thank you Chemda for calling Adrienne our on her ridiculous “I’ll wait and see” notion about having children or not. It is terrifying that she thinks it is ok to be so blaze about it “one week I’m ok with having a kid the next week not so much”. A child is an 18 year minimum commitment, more if the child is special needs. You can’t bring a life into this world with this wishy washy attitude. I say this as a foster parent taking care of kids who are a result of this thinking. As a social worker working with older adults who have issues due to this kind of thinking-feeling abandoned and unloved and not a priority. This is something that will cost hundred of
Thousands of dollars. And abortions aren’t easy on your body either. It is just flabbergasting to me to have that kind of attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klw9 03-04-2020 01:27 PM

I am screaming listening to this episode. One, she is driving me crazy. Two, the attitude about voting is so upsetting.

Three: I have 4 kids. 3 babies that I gave birth too, and one step daughter.

To be clear, I have had no medical intervention, all I did was have sex on purpose with no protection for a few months... I had a baby at 28 years old, 42 years old, and 45 years old!!! No help, just sex. Totally normal thing to happen. Chemda, and all other old bitches: Don't listen to her! Infertility or fertility can happen at any age, until you for sure go through menopause. OH MY GOD.

Whew, had to get that off my chest. Also, my husband was then going to schedule a vasectomy after our last baby. But I ended up needing a c section, so they just tied my tubes while I was already in surgery. He was very thankful for that turn of events! ;)

invader 03-04-2020 02:04 PM

I'm going to say I really enjoyed Adrienne and her apathy.

shoebootie 03-05-2020 08:42 AM

Additionally, as you get older and are getting closer to menopause, your egg quality decreases, but you're also more likely to ovulate more eggs at once, like your body is throwing out all the eggs it possibly can, a going-out-of-business sale. So if you do happen to get pregnant at an older age, there's a possibility for more complications for the mom, a higher chance of that child having special needs, and who knows - maybe you end up with a multiple-birth. Not a risk I'd want to take in my 40's if I'm wishy-washy about having kids in the first place. That's not the risk to take with a "take it or leave it" attitude about an accidental pregnancy.

Sparrow 03-05-2020 11:05 AM

gonna make a couple of book recommendations i found helpful in understanding the nuts and bolts of fertility:

Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler

Woman: an Intimate Geography by Natalie Angier