Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you enjoy this new way of living?
Yes 35 53.85%
No 30 46.15%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree82Likes

Old 03-26-2020, 08:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Imma go the OMAT route and say that even though I am not enjoying this way of life currently, I am thankful that I am still comfortable, employed, loved and safe.

I love my partner but I'm getting snippy now and confronting his behaviors that I don't enjoy. I might have yelled "YOU DON'T LIVE IN A VACUUM YOU KNOW" He makes too much noise, and he doesn't even realize it. Now he gonna learn. CLOSE THE CABINETS AND STOP TALKING TO YOURSELF.
Keith, Scorpion, panicBoy and 2 others like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

I'm working part time remotely for my graphic design job and I'm getting unemployment for not going to my restaurant job.
My bf is sexy and we're both only children so we're really good at respecting each other's space. I honestly could do this for awhile. I miss my mom and we are 99% sure we're gonna have to cancel the trip we planned for NYC this summer but other than that, I'm good.
Keith, The Girl, panicBoy and 2 others like this.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

As part of the Defense Industrial Base, my job is apparently considered "essential," so we're still operating as normal. Because my office has opposed working from home since forever, only a small number of people have been allowed to work remotely. Only people who are considered "high risk" or who have small children that they have to manage have been given permission for remote work. It feels a little strange to be pretty much carrying on as usual during these crazy times. My wife has been working from home for almost two weeks now. We're both introverts and need personal space, but thankfully we live in a large house and can get away when we need to.

As for my KATG listening strategy: I went back to the first episode I ever listened to #797: Wedding Preparations, and have been moving forward through the catalog from there. It's weird to hear the discussions about the McCain/Obama presidential election. The concerns seem so inconsequential and trivial compared to our current politics. Also, I know I'm listening to the beginning of the end of the Keith/Chemda romantic relationship.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:04 AM   #14 (permalink)

ISIS was told not to report to the cave until further notice.
Piscean and shoebootie like this.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:58 AM   #15 (permalink)

I'm working at home. Boyfriend still waiting on unemplyment.

We ususlly only have three evenings together every week, now we have 7.

We usually go out to dinner and cocktails on our nights but now we're cooking a lot more, ordering in occasionally, and getting really creative with cocktails.

He's gotten out the guitar, we are working on a jigsaw puzzle.

Oddly, like Keith, James is more of a person to avoid people in general but is going a bit more bonkers. Possibly because he's not currently working (except on his art/book) and typically goes out to eat on his own a lot more.

I can't do my monthly happy hours, my tv watches with friends in person, go to my various gyms, or go to roller derby. I should be the one more frustrated but I'm feeling fine.

Maybe repeat this poll every few weeks to see how it changes.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I'm considered an "essential" worker, and my girlfriend is a teacher so our incomes aren't affected. I love it. The commute to and from work is a breeze so I can sleep in a little more. I'm a huge homebody so staying inside other than work is what I've done usually. My girlfriend says that she is going a little stir crazy, but I'm getting the impression that she is really enjoying herself way more than she wants to admit, even to herself.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Day 23. I'm over it.

I hauled about $40K worth of hardware home so I could continue to work from home. The commute is great, but I find it hard to know when to quit. With work right next to me, and a huge backlog, when do you stop for the night?

Our state (WA) is currently under order until April 6th, but most venues have already canceled stuff out through mid-May.

On the bright side, every day is casual Friday!
Old 03-26-2020, 04:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The thing with Cuomo is that he’s another corporatist Democrat who isn’t that far off from a Republican. He helps out businesses and like Trump would like to end the lockdown as soon as possible for the economy (which is why his deadline is Apr 19). He helps out homeowners and property owners but could care less about renters. While this epidemic is going on he is trying to make cuts to Medicaid and has been slashing essential programs that would really come in handy now.

And now there’s talk that they may switch him in place of Biden to run for president, because apparently the DNC forgot that Bernie Sanders didn’t drop out of the race and is the next eligible candidate if Biden were to decide to call it quits.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:25 PM   #19 (permalink)

I work in biotech, so I'm considered "essential" so our income isn't affected. My wife and I are homebodies for the most part so staying at home is pretty easy. Wife is currently pregnant with our second child so we're doing our best to keep her and our 2 yr old son stayed put. I'm the only one who comes and goes, either for work or for supplies shopping.

One thing that did kinda freak me out:

OKC only issued a "stay at home" order just a few days ago.

My work issued "travel papers" to us today. Essentially, if we got stopped by police or the national guard, we are to show these papers that say we are "essential personnel" and we have business going back and forth. Just a little bit strange.

Last edited by guitarrob; 03-27-2020 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Anyone stuck at home like doing coloring books?
I made a page
Seed Of Life Coloring Page