Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What's better?
Quarantining alone 8 22.22%
Quarantining with someone/people 28 77.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree55Likes

Old 04-29-2020, 02:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3262: Senior Partner w/ Jesse David Fox

Working and loving from home; Corona beer’s #CincoAtHome campaign; Trump and Pence’s anti-mask stance; virtual comedy shows and Adam Sandler’s greatest movie

Guest:
Jesse David Fox

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
Archimedes_Screw likes this.

Last edited by Keith; 04-29-2020 at 02:39 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 04:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Im glad I have my family to be with.
I still enjoy my time with everyone.
Keith, The Girl and Bucho like this.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Click? CLICK!? The fuck?

Loved the show and the new guest! He did lose me a bit with Click. Have him on again to defend that choice please.
Keith, The Girl and porky2468 like this.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

#ShoutOutToXerxes
Keith, The Girl and FingerLakes like this.
Old 04-29-2020, 05:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

The mentioned instant classic: https://www.keithandthegirl.com/show...icals-seo.aspx
Old 04-29-2020, 07:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

My article would be called Hollywood’s Quarantine Cheaters.

I see WWE has no audience. But there’s a loveseat in the ring. 2 people put that there.
The Girl and NotARegularMom like this.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Jesse is great. I love when podcast worlds collide. He’s got some great interviews with comics just like y’all.
Keith, The Girl, Joshua and 1 others like this.
Old 04-30-2020, 06:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Few things make me make a shitty face like cis straight people calling each other "partner." It seems so unnecessary and, as Jesse said, millennials have kinda co-opt'd the term. I suppose I can understand that the words "boy" & "girl" might be a bit enfantasizing or they want something with more gravitas but aren't ready to get engaged but.... Come the fuck on! You already have everything, normies! It feels like the same kind of unnecessary when straight millennial men who would fuck men couldn't use bi or pansexual and needed to invent "heteroflexible"
Lanfear likes this.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post
Few things make me make a shitty face like cis straight people calling each other "partner." It seems so unnecessary and, as Jesse said, millennials have kinda co-opt'd the term. I suppose I can understand that the words "boy" & "girl" might be a bit enfantasizing or they want something with more gravitas but aren't ready to get engaged but.... Come the fuck on! You already have everything, normies! It feels like the same kind of unnecessary when straight millennial men who would fuck men couldn't use bi or pansexual and needed to invent "heteroflexible"
Ehhh I think you're reaching here. People don't just use partner as a stepping stone for marriage/ husband and wife. And many people don't want the cultural baggage that comes with marriage but still want to convey the seriousness of marriage.
The Girl, Lanfear and porky2468 like this.
Old 04-30-2020, 11:28 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post
Few things make me make a shitty face like cis straight people calling each other "partner." It seems so unnecessary and, as Jesse said, millennials have kinda co-opt'd the term.
Hold your horses. The usage of "partner" goes back two centuries and was mostly used in a heterosexual context. Certainly, it was used widely by gay couples since the late 70s. But there were straight couples using the term partner since the mid-20th-century too as a response to their view of marriage being patriarchial.

The big picture is that the core belief of what marriage, dating, romance has gone through a major upheaval for everyone. Even the idea of a boyfriend and girlfriend is a 20th-century concept.

One of the interesting things about these definitions is that there was a movement among gay men in the 1970s to throw away marriage because it was viewed as antiquated. It was to the point of a vocal group were against legalizing same-sex marriage because they thought marriage was wrong overall. Then came AIDS which brought to light the need for legal rights for partners.
Lanfear, porky2468 and amnesiac like this.