Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you able to comfortably laugh during sex?
Yes 36 97.30%
No 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree35Likes

Old 05-14-2020, 12:35 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
3 feet is less than one half Keith.

I hope this helps.
I wish the states would go to the metric system. 1/8 is in between 7/64 and 9/64. Craziness trying to order the appropriate thickness of steel.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 12:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I really don’t know why you don’t have it besides stubbornness and America is the best! Attitude.

0 degrees is here where water starts to freeze.

100 where water boils.

How is this not better?

10 mm is 1 cm. 100 cm is 1 meter.
1000 m is one kilometer.

How is this not better? And way easier?
Old 05-14-2020, 06:20 PM   #13 (permalink)

acknowledging together the absurdity of smooshing two human bodies around is great and so is humiliating your partner like the desperate fucktoy cuck he is with a well placed, strategic giggle. laughter is easy and fun!!!
Archimedes_Screw likes this.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:52 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
I really don’t know why you don’t have it besides stubbornness and America is the best! Attitude.

0 degrees is here where water starts to freeze.

100 where water boils.

How is this not better?

10 mm is 1 cm. 100 cm is 1 meter.
1000 m is one kilometer.

How is this not better? And way easier?
Those aren't the right arguments for the average American. Most don't know and don't care about how 3 teaspoons = 1 tablespoon, 2 tablespoons = 1 ounce, 8 ounces = 1 cup.

They are the same people who complain about learning any subject past fifth grade because "when am I ever going to use it?" They won't use any of those learnings because they are dumb. They either don't care or don't know how stupid they sound oftentimes.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelwagel View Post
Those aren't the right arguments for the average American. Most don't know and don't care about how 3 teaspoons = 1 tablespoon, 2 tablespoons = 1 ounce, 8 ounces = 1 cup.

They are the same people who complain about learning any subject past fifth grade because "when am I ever going to use it?" They won't use any of those learnings because they are dumb. They either don't care or don't know how stupid they sound oftentimes.
I wonder if Americans are better at using fractions?

Because I took up quilting a few years ago and as that is a very American craft most of the patterns are in inches and I basically had to refresh my basic math skills to figure out how to add quarter inch seams to 5/8 of pattern and I haven’t had to do that in so long.
It’s still deeply illogical to me why you want to do a weirdo measuring system like that but I got it figured out now.
Scorpion and bagelwagel like this.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:59 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
I wonder if Americans are better at using fractions?
Only those who do craftwork like sewing, woodworking, metalwork, etc. It does make it easier to halve or quarter a recipe.

Within those craft circles, I find a number of younger people would be willing to switch to metric expect for as you stated so much already comes in American units. Although serious bakers are moving towards metric because it is easier to meaure in grams than ounces.
Lanfear likes this.