Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do we reopen American businesses?
Yes - there are sacrifices for business as usual 6 15.00%
No - it will cause more deaths 34 85.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree18Likes

Old 05-15-2020, 07:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3269: Where's the Beef? w/ Steve Schirripa

Robert Baccalieri Jr., Christopher Moltisanti, flip phones, and podcasts; celebrities' negative attitudes featuring Tiger Woods's horrible tipping and Ellen DeGeneres's bad reputation; Donald Trump vs. The Masks and the reopening of America; teachers vs. bouncers; celebrity attitudes revisited: Reggie Jackson, shrimp asshole, and Robert De Niro; how to make love; Pat Cooper's evil heart; Steve's wife, virtual dates, drugs, sex, and the generation gap

Guest:
Steve Schirripa

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
Archimedes_Screw likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 08:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

The guy from Blue Bloods!
Keith likes this.
Old 05-15-2020, 09:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I may have misunderstood the question, I do think it’s okay to gradually open businesses in calculated ways that are contoured to regions and in a strategic manner that helps mitigate infection spread. IL will likely move into phase 3 out of 5 of its reopening strategy on May 29, and I agree with it. So my gut poll vote was based on my thoughts that it’s ok to open businesses in a very gradual careful way, and not that we should open everything ASAP with no strategy. I took the other poll option as meaning keep everything closed indefinitely so long as covid19 is around. I’m overthinking things, welcome to my A N X I E T Y disorder, I guess.
Joyce and Apia resurrected like this.
Old 05-15-2020, 11:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathInGrasp View Post
I may have misunderstood the question, I do think it’s okay to gradually open businesses in calculated ways that are contoured to regions and in a strategic manner that helps mitigate infection spread. IL will likely move into phase 3 out of 5 of its reopening strategy on May 29, and I agree with it. So my gut poll vote was based on my thoughts that it’s ok to open businesses in a very gradual careful way, and not that we should open everything ASAP with no strategy. I took the other poll option as meaning keep everything closed indefinitely so long as covid19 is around. I’m overthinking things, welcome to my A N X I E T Y disorder, I guess.
I also think opening gradually is fine, if the the cases started to increase slower and people are wearing masks and keeping distance and Unterstand that that covid isn’t over.

What I see in the US is lots of people who don’t believe in the danger of covid in the first place and want things to go to normal.
That’s a really bad.
porky2468 and DeathInGrasp like this.
Old 05-16-2020, 02:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

My city is pretty much open except for like concerts and stuff. The thing that I find interesting is that no small businesses are opening because they think it's too soon. The restaurant I work for is shooting for June 15th. No local restaurants are opening for dine in yet. It's all the poor servers at Applebees and Chili's that now have to put their lives on the line. So I'm not buying that these protesters have the best interest of small businesses in mind. Small businesses are all still scared. So STFU and just admit you miss being able to yell at waitresses and it's all about you.
Old 05-16-2020, 04:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I really enjoy Steve. I wonder if he has a cousin in need of some Covid digi-loving?
KEITH, ask him for me. Thanks
punk'n and Apia resurrected like this.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
My city is pretty much open except for like concerts and stuff. The thing that I find interesting is that no small businesses are opening because they think it's too soon. The restaurant I work for is shooting for June 15th. No local restaurants are opening for dine in yet. It's all the poor servers at Applebees and Chili's that now have to put their lives on the line. So I'm not buying that these protesters have the best interest of small businesses in mind. Small businesses are all still scared. So STFU and just admit you miss being able to yell at waitresses and it's all about you.
That’s very interesting.
So are only big stores opening?
Old 05-17-2020, 08:50 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
That’s very interesting.
So are only big stores opening?
National owned stores are opened which do tend to be larger. The big stores were likely already opened because they are likely to be hardware and grocery stores which stayed opened.
Apia resurrected likes this.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:59 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathInGrasp View Post
I may have misunderstood the question, I do think it’s okay to gradually open businesses in calculated ways that are contoured to regions and in a strategic manner that helps mitigate infection spread...
I take the question in the context of Republicans explicitly saying we need to be willing to sacrifice lives in order to reopen the economy.
No one reached out to me and said, 'As a senior citizen, are you willing to take a chance on your survival in exchange for keeping the America that America loves for its children and grandchildren?' And if that is the exchange, I'm all in.

- Dan Patrick, Texas’ Republican lieutenant governor

Old 05-18-2020, 03:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

do tings so as to not get the #bubons
stay home. i mean, seriously?
look around; that can't be right
Fix it!
pants are optional
Unless they are not!