Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Burning cop cars
Yay 38 79.17%
Nay 10 20.83%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree97Likes

Old 06-02-2020, 10:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Holy shit. Keith you had every right to be outraged. I can’t believe there are people STILL not paying attention. Thanks for calling them out. Everyone needs to do the same. Keep speaking out. People need to know how absolutely fucked everything is right now.

“These things are usually investigated”?? The fuck. Look at the numbers.

Of the police officers that killed 7,666 people between 2013 and 2019
.3% resulted in a conviction (25)
1% resulted in a charge but no conviction (74)
98.7% resulted in no charge whatsoever (7567)

Police have free reign to shoot and kill pretty much whoever they want. 99% of the time. Fuck that.

_@_/
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 12:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Haven't been able to go on to facebook since Friday. Saw an ex coworker put up one of those middle ground statuses like "how low our country has fallen. violence is never the answer."and you know, or it's just a passive aggressive way of saying 'These fucking monkeys keep acting like monkeys. BUT I JUST MEAN THE BAD ONES"

entirely done with the fact that there is discourse about this.
It's overwhelming and maddening

Get your mail in ballots, vote every asshole out.
Blessings to everyone protesting. wish I had the will to join

Last edited by FingerLakes; 06-02-2020 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Lots of people vote against their interest.
We have more choice here, more than 2 parties, and it’s still happening.

People who are not smart/ educated enough to win in the capitalistic world are voting for parties who want a more capitalistic and less social approach.
They vote for less help from the state, because they want to see themselves as strong maybe. But they are often the ones in less stable jobs and are more in danger of unemployment.

But maybe I do the same.
I tend to vote left and FOR more taxes and more state even that I am not in any need for help and pay a lot in taxes anyway.
Ok, I often voted for the Green Party, because I don’t want the world to go to shit. That’s good for everyone.
shoebootie and Mado like this.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

How can it be that it’s so easy to be a cop in America?
They have so much power and it’s enough to do weeks of training before you can be on the streets and kill people?
Scorpion and shoebootie like this.
Old 06-02-2020, 02:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
They have so much power and it’s enough to do weeks of training before you can be on the streets and kill people?
If it's anything like Italy, most cops are assholes before they join the force, and if they werent they turn that way once theyre surrounded by their racist blue brothers. There probably are decent ones around but the majority are angry maniacs that think theyre fuckin Judge Dredd (sorry, i know it's a nerdy reference but it works in my head)

Last edited by Junkenstein; 06-02-2020 at 03:18 PM.
Old 06-02-2020, 02:30 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
we have a lot of veterans bc of our endless wars. some of them come home, get into law enforcement and have a real hard time not treating citizens like enemy combatants. the militarized gear they receive doesn’t help.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:38 PM   #17 (permalink)

Listening to Fiona Apple is the only thing able to calm me down this week, although I save my tears for Ladies ladies ladies ladies.....

I think it's finally time for Keith's justice, but for only cops.
Keith, shoebootie and Mado like this.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

It was great to hear you guys talk about the murder of George Floyd today. He has a family, a child, he's more than just a symbol.

It's a really weird and nuanced situation, and I'm frustrated that so many people can't see the totality of it. I'm disgusted and afraid of the police and their blatant disregard for the humanity of our African American neighbors. Peaceful protesting HAS been happening, BLM has been active in MN and there were huge turnouts after the murder of Philando Castille. Peaceful protesting just hasn't worked. Remember all the bitching when people were taking a knee?

I'm also deeply saddened that my city has been burned to the ground. Not the cake-eater neighborhoods, not the wealthy businesses- South Mpls is a predominately minority neighborhood and a lot of small minority-owned businesses are gone. Apparently most business insurances exclude riots, so (especially after the pandemic) they may not be able to rebuild.

What you don't see is the incredible outpouring of donations, time and love from our community. Organized cleanups, medic crews and neighborhood watches. It means a lot to me, and I think so many of us in Mpls, that people all around the world are demonstrating in unity. I hope in our rebuilding we can rebuild a less tyrannical system.

*Also- absolutely shocked at the blatantly illegal actions taken by the police against protesters.
Keith, jcro21, porky2468 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by AnaBahnana; 06-02-2020 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I liked your “also”
Old 06-02-2020, 07:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I've never liked Keith more.

edit: this sounds like an underhanded compliment, but it's meant to be just a compliment
Keith, Scorpion, porky2468 and 3 others like this.

Last edited by thirteen; 06-02-2020 at 08:06 PM.